Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get Interest only from Permanent TSB

Options
  • 01-02-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has some advice for me.

It would help me at the moment if I could pay interest only on my mortgage for a while ( a year or so would be great). This would allow me to pay off other higher interest debts (credit card) sooner.
    I have a good credit rating, never missed any payments.

Whats the best way to approach Permanent TSB about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Just wondering if anyone has some advice for me.

It would help me at the moment if I could pay interest only on my mortgage for a while ( a year or so would be great). This would allow me to pay off other higher interest debts (credit card) sooner.
    I have a good credit rating, never missed any payments.

Whats the best way to approach Permanent TSB about this?

Its a standard enough request, just ask them. They mightnt approve a year, 3 to 6 months is standard. Remember though what your not paying now is added on to the end of the mortgage and you'll pay more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Thanks...have arranged a meeting with them.

Any idea offhand roughly what kind of difference this could make to monthly payments? Say for example with a €1000 per month mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Would have to know the balance and the rate.

Advertisement