Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server 2003/Windows XP GPO Question

Options
  • 01-02-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just a quick one that maybe someone has come across before...

I've locked down the user PCs which are running XP SP3 using Server 2003 R2 GPOs (prevented changes to Taskbar settings, Desktop etc) and all works fine except for one thing...

When I lock the taskbar through GP, the Quick Launch bar disappears - even if it was set to show it before the policy was applied and even if the default user desktop has it enabled.

There's no specific setting for Quick Launch and I'm assuming it's a bug, but has anyone any fix?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Seems Microsoft don't have a fix. This guy's looking for 2 years with no answer. Pity he didn't say whether his own ADM template worked or not.

(Cool avatar :D)

Advertisement