Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Korea E2 visa, sealed transcripts

Options
  • 01-02-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for an e2 for s.korea. I've received a copy of my transcripts from my university but the problem is they haven't sealed the envelope. They've stamped and signed it, and when i called them they said they never seal transcripts (as in the red wax that I thought they would use).

The Korean embassy is closed this week for Chinese NY so I'm wondering if anyone can let me know in the meantime if your transcripts were accepted without a seal.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

EPIK?

I'm heading off to Daegu in two weeks, was actually just going to go to the embassy myself now. Argh. My transcript was from UCD and it was sealed, they had a university envelope sealed with a signature accross the back of the opening. It doesn't need to be the traditional red wax seal on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lexe

Ok thanks, in that case sounds like my transcripts should suffice too. I worked in korea last year and I'm sure they had an extra red seal on it that time, but they are adamant they have never sealed it that way.

Anyways I'm gonna be in a hagwon in Bucheon. Didn't get to visit Daegu last year but met a few people from there. Can't wait to get back to k-land!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Oooh good luck with it. Rang the embassy btw, the only thing they're closed for this week is lunch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lexe

haha I meant to say the emigration office in Korea! The embassy here said ask your school and they said they'd ask emigration next week...but i wanted to know now! ^^

Advertisement