Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon NEF/RAW on D7000, cant view files?

• 01-02-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hey,

this is probably a simple one. I have no probs opening NEF files from my older camera's in windows photo viewer, fastpictureviewer and lightroom 3.

Ever since getting the D7000 the files wont open in the same programs. I updated lightroom which now reads them fine, but the others don't and i don't wanna have to open lightroom everytime i wanna view a photo. I tried reinstalling fastpictureviewer too with no luck. I also installed a codec thingy from windows but im still in the same boat.

Has anyone else had this? and found a way around it maybe?

PS, im able to open them in "windows live photo gallery" for some reason. its terrible slow though, so i wanna go back to using windows photo viewer.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Try downloading DNG converter from Adobe (free) as a temporary solution. You will have to convert NEF to DNG. I'm doing this as a temp solution until I install CS5 (after I've upgraded to Win 7 - don't want to do it twice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

I already have cs5 installed too, its just the small previewing program that i need really. something small that opens fast without having to add them to a catalogue like in lightroom. a lot of them would be throwaway images that i dont need in lightroom. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

What about Adobe Bridge CS5

Advertisement