Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

yeah 2nd and 3rd bits are class - 2nd bit ties into darkroot basin/forest as it is in the main game which is cool as fluck and the 3rd section is just alive with pvp - some interesting enemies and some good lore tidbits.

really loving the lore in this game . so much is unexplained and left up to the player to figure out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Looking forward to the 26th now. Need to get Borderlands and Torchlight finished up by then so I can get stuck into a new character!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Would love to see another genre of game set in the same Universe, loads there to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

im stuck at the sanctuary guardian , level 62, if any one wants to throw down a cheeky summon sign :o

well , the match making in the new content is a pile of **** really, 2 hours nothing, got locked in a cage for 30 mins, still no action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Started playing this again after a long absence. Flew through it only levelling up my INT and ATT stats. All was fine until O&S when my VIT of 8 meant one hit kill season was open!:eek: Haven't seen one summon sign either, is it just me or is there nobody playing this at the mo? (PS3 Version) I levelled up to early 40's thinking I was too low for Anor Londo summoning but still no one!:(

i'm just playing on the PC , but i will probably move back to the PS3 when the new content comes out. Perhaps people just waiting for the new content. The summoning is so bad on the PC I think many cannot wait to get new characters up and running on the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm at the last boss (playing on PS3) - I thought I'd get the DLC when it's out, but would it make sense to kill the boss later so I can access the new areas before New Game plus? Or how does the DLC work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You can access the new area once you get to the dukes archives. I'd advise waiting for the content to arrive, the bosses are bloody tough and proper b*ll*xes on ng+.

ya the new area bosses are right tough ! i could not imagine them on NG+ haha. I will start my new character soon, and hope the summoning is ok on the PS3.

has anyone had any experience with the bottomless box glitch, where u start a new character and have access to your other characters goodies once you buy the box off the undead berg merchant?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure its been patched out.

2smiggy wrote: »
    ya the new area bosses are right tough ! i could not imagine them on NG+ haha. I will start my new character soon, and hope the summoning is ok on the PS3.

has anyone had any experience with the bottomless box glitch, where u start a new character and have access to your other characters goodies once you buy the box off the undead berg merchant?

I had 3 characters on the go at one stage and never came across this glitch. Would've been really handy though as I had a Magic user with a Black Knight Halberd and a STR build with the Moonlight Blade! (the one you get from Seath's tail).

it would be right handy !! i have nearly all the weapons, just do the builds for the weapons you want to use without having to go through the whole game. i heard talk of 100 level characters for the new content PVP

I must look it up again, i did not know it was patched out of the PS3 version. Its definitely patched out of the PC version

looks like it still works on the PS3 (the glitch) so may be worth doing for a few builds if you only want to use for PVP in the new content, as it looks like it is getting patched out. only takes a short time to do i believe as well

The glitch only works for new characters so you can't trade between your existing characters. Handy if you fancy having amazing gear from the get-go but more than likely your new character won't have the stats to use the gear or get anything from the scaling. Light armour, Lightning weapons and some rings are the obvious exploits.

Here's a link to the steps tp achieve the glitch:
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dark-souls/141476-helpful-glitch-easy-platinum-transfer-all-bottomless-box-items.html

So following epicnamebro's youtube channel and decided to go for the balder side sword. Totally awesome weapon, got it to +10, in conjunction with power within, slumbering dragon crest ring and magic weapon its lethal, r1 attack covers a good arc so little or no backstabs, r2 thrust attack has very good tracking and deals significant damage and has quick recovery. So at the moment i'm SL10, i've killed capra, yet to do taurus and the gargoyles and am hanging around before either to hammer invaders(really dislike dudes invading early on with lighting+5 weapons etc).

So following epicnamebro's youtube channel and decided to go for the balder side sword. Totally awesome weapon, got it to +10, in conjunction with power within, slumbering dragon crest ring and magic weapon its lethal, r1 attack covers a good arc so little or no backstabs, r2 thrust attack has very good tracking and deals significant damage and has quick recovery. So at the moment i'm SL10, i've killed capra, yet to do taurus and the gargoyles and am hanging around before either to hammer invaders(really dislike dudes invading early on with lighting+5 weapons etc).

Is the drop rate on it very low or something? I haven't really played since I stopped playing a few weeks after release but I never came across it or even heard anything about it and looking it at it seems like an excellent weapon.

Really rare drop all right. I must have done about 5 playthroughs and have only gotten it once.

Funny you mention the drop rate, I went up there to farm for it, got it after the 3rd run and got a 2nd 2 runs later when looking for a Balder shield. My 4th build and I only got one bss before that. Its meant to be rare alright but I do notice a difference in drop rates in general from the I played on the PS.

well the bottomless box worked perfect, i think its been patched tomorrow, so if you want to make a few characters for the future, now is the time

i started new character, past anor londo after only a few hours, plus i have the weapons to head straight to the 4 kings early.

summoning is a joy compaired to the pc version !! i have never seen the game as busy. just did 3 runs of anor londo , barley had to wait a minute each time to get summoned.

a guy summoned with me was using seaths tail sword, think i may start another intelligence build with that in mind !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Could any console players here tell me which console is more popular for this game?
    The PTD edition is getting its release this weekend and I want to know which console to get it for. :v

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Could any console players here tell me which console is more popular for this game?
    The PTD edition is getting its release this weekend and I want to know which console to get it for. :v

I would reckon PS3 is still the best option. As Demon's Souls was a PS exclusive the majority of souls players are on the PlayStation. Also if you look at the likes of gamefaqs which has a message board for both consoles separately the PS3 board has almost four times the traffic that its xbox counter-part has.

I started a new character a few days ago and there was tonnes of activity on the servers. Constant summon signs available and a lot of invading going on!

I used the bottomless box glitch last night to transfer everything from my original SL 120 strength build that I had messed up after launch onto a new character. Felt very very cheap though. I had Sif killed and Sens completed after 3 hours! I think I'll wait for PTD and start fresh.

Anyone have any interesting builds? Haven't a clue these days. Was thinking about a faith build using an Occult uchi or a pure dex build.

2smiggy wrote: »

summoning is a joy compaired to the pc version !! i have never seen the game as busy. just did 3 runs of anor londo , barley had to wait a minute each time to get summoned.
    I was playing at the weekend and wasn't even seeing the messages on the ground never mind summon signs! Must be my connection. I've switched recently from wired to wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Big Knox wrote: »

I would reckon PS3 is still the best option. As Demon's Souls was a PS exclusive the majority of souls players are on the PlayStation. Also if you look at the likes of gamefaqs which has a message board for both consoles separately the PS3 board has almost four times the traffic that its xbox counter-part has.

I started a new character a few days ago and there was tonnes of activity on the servers. Constant summon signs available and a lot of invading going on!

I used the bottomless box glitch last night to transfer everything from my original SL 120 strength build that I had messed up after launch onto a new character. Felt very very cheap though. I had Sif killed and Sens completed after 3 hours! I think I'll wait for PTD and start fresh.

Anyone have any interesting builds? Haven't a clue these days. Was thinking about a faith build using an Occult uchi or a pure dex build.
    Pure dexterity uchi is fun, but I couldn't tell you much more than that since I usually go for a boring old dex/pyro build.
    Half tempted to give a new character a whirl before PTD. Rocky Balboa run, Cestus' only. LESS GO.

loving the pvp in ooacile township at the moment .

sl lvl 150ishhhhhhh and it is just constant being invaded.

usually people from the states but some russians / ukranians and even an australian -

pc community for dark souls are awesome , nearly everyfight is followedup with a message - a bit of abuse - bit of a laugh and a bit of an examination of what (usually) i :) did wrong.

loving it !!!! :D

So the 120 cap is gone out the window then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any tip's for the Capra Demon. I'm trying to make it to the stairs on the left. I'm playing as a knight so im pretty bogged down with my armour and can't move very fast, so i keep getting milled out of it as soon as i get in the door.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any tip's for the Capra Demon. I'm trying to make it to the stairs on the left. I'm playing as a knight so im pretty bogged down with my armour and can't move very fast, so i keep getting milled out of it as soon as i get in the door.

If you have any black fire bombs, equip them and throw them as soon as you enter the fog. It will kill the dogs, leaving you with a much easier fight. Two usually does the job.

If not then take off your heavy armour. Try get below 25% equip rate so you can roll past the dogs and get up the stairs.

A tip in general, I would strongly advise staying under at least 50% equip burden as dodge rolling will save you alot more than having a slighter higher defense.

Actually you can lob the firebombs over the wall before going into the fog and take out the dogs(equip the bow, jump back a bit, aim the bow in high arc over the wall, switch out of aim mode and throw the firebombs as per normal). Did that with my SL6 character as capra and dogs were handing me my ass. Apparently you can lob dung piles too and put toxic on capra.

• Advertisement

you could try load up an estoc and take the dogs out (poking from behind the shield)
    . i normally run to the stairs - deal with the dogs and then wipe out the capra.

as a knight you should be able to take the capra hits bar the two handed ones.

Advertisement