Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,389 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just hated farming in Demon Souls - it was completely broken imo.

Its actually a joy working towards weapon upgrades in Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

noodler wrote: »
    I just hated farming in Demon Souls - it was completely broken imo.

Its actually a joy working towards weapon upgrades in Dark Souls.

Weaponswise definately, pulpstone chunks, mercury stone chunks and suckerstone chunks were pains in the ass to farm and don't get me on started on bladestone. Although i did like all the special weapon effects you could make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

If they've nerfed magic, is a magic build still viable? Was playing Demon's Souls again and I wiped off 95% of the leechmonger's health with one cast of Firestorm.

Totally viable just not broken like Demon's Souls. The Leechmonger is susceptible to fire damage (like 90% of the enemies in the game!) which maeks him pretty easy with the right spell.

The only things nerfed are the homing soulmasses which did make a lot of bosses too easy (you could keep you shield up whilst the homers fired off and then retreat, cast and repeat). The Soul Spears still do whopper damage. Killed Nito last night with 3 Crystal Soul Spears!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Chaps needs some advice on a new weapon.

Im a warrior and im coming into blighttown. I have the drake sword. Should I be using something else or do you have any better recommendations?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just want to repeat something I mentioned before on this thread.
    Dark Souls frakking hates me.
    End of line.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Vicxas wrote: »

Im a warrior and im coming into blighttown. I have the drake sword. Should I be using something else or do you have any better recommendations?

You have the large ember so should probably be trying for a +10 weapon although the drake should still last you a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just want to repeat something I mentioned before on this thread.
    Dark Souls frakking hates me.
    End of line.... :(

nope bud, its just racist. it hates people in general. :P

You have the large ember so should probably be trying for a +10 weapon although the drake should still last you a bit.

Any suggestions? I have a Halberd sitting here that i wanna see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The Drake sword works fine up until Sens when it starts to bounce off the Serpents! You can continue on for now but you should be looking at heading into Sens with a decent +10 STR weapon alright!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Any suggestions? I have a Halberd sitting here that i wanna see what its like.

a halberd is what got me through half the game
    haha yano the one as your entering the entrance to the 1st bell , that church their
    i got a halberd their and my god once i upgraded it fully you could probably complete the game with it ha
    got me half way through the game (wouldnt mind but i was stuck at that 1st bell for weeks and weeks haha until i got that weopen) eventually i got the black knight helberd? is that what its called? and finished the game of with that
    i regret not going through the game with a sword or magic gonna have to put it back in now and start a new character :P

• Advertisement

What are your stats? what weapon depends totally on your stats.

A +10 Halberd wont do much more damage than your Drake sword.

Started a new game tonight just to join the Gravelord Covenant early and get to the Undead Burg to try this Battle Arena thing.

I'm a bit late in the day to it but still waiting with the Gravelord sign hoping I can catch some newbies to invade who won't be able to reach me up here with the fog gate still up.

Really is an amaing idea - wish I'd known about it sooner.

Yay, just had my first Spirit of Vengence.

He has soul arrows and firebombs so I had to be careful but still an easy enough kill!

I lvoe the Undead Burg Battle Arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Started a new game tonight just to join the Gravelord Covenant early and get to the Undead Burg to try this Battle Arena thing.

I'm a bit late in the day to it but still waiting with the Gravelord sign hoping I can catch some newbies to invade who won't be able to reach me up here with the fog gate still up.

Really is an amaing idea - wish I'd known about it sooner.

you are a terrible human being and should be ashamed of yourself.

*buy some toxic dung and throw it down there

penev10 wrote: »
    What are your stats? what weapon depends totally on your stats.

A +10 Halberd wont do much more damage than your Drake sword.

I'm Trying to stack STR and DEX in equal amounts. I put some into INT and ATT but magic isnt doing anything for me so im going back to plowing stuff in STR.

I'm Trying to stack STR and DEX in equal amounts. I put some into INT and ATT but magic isnt doing anything for me so im going back to plowing stuff in STR.

Well definitely don't put points into both STR and DEX unless you are working towards a very specific "quality" build! Ideally one will be your damage modifier and the other should just be as high as the requirement for the weapon you want to use!!

If you have both over 20 you might want to consider looking into a quality build and going with that. Quality weapons get bonus stats from both STR and DEX but it does require both to be quite high, around 40 to get the most from them which will limit your miracle and magic use severly.

They do fantastic melee damage though if you make them correctly.

Danonino. wrote: »
    you are a terrible human being and should be ashamed of yourself.

*buy some toxic dung and throw it down there

Where can you buy that?

I know you can farm it from the Ogres in BlightTown.

EDIT: Google is my friend!

EDIT 2: Has anyone here tried a Soul Level 1 Challenge? Watching a guy do it on youtuve (he is just past Catacombs and Painted World) and is seems rather straight forward.

The weapon and armour upgrades seem to matter proportionately more than the soul levels.

You need to invest in one stat and use equipment that scales with that. You'll have tough time being a jack-of-all-trades (although certain weapons do require high stats in several attributes).

Either pumping STR or DEX will give you access to different sets of weapons. STR is more for axes, greatswords, clubs etc. where as DEX works with katanas, rapiers, spears etc.

STR based weapons tend to be harder hitting but slower and DEX based ones the opposite.

Early on you can get a great club or a large club in Blighttown if your going to use STR. The Undead Merchant sells a scimitar, (drops a Uchigatana if you kill him) or you can get a falchion in Blighttown if you fancy using DEX .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

also with intelligence/faith , you need to put enough points to get ability to use the better and more powerful spells. I think its easier going with intelligence, the way to get nearly all the spells is relatively straight forward if you look up details about logan. once you get your intelligence high enough to use the better ones it makes alot of the bosses etc alot easier.

Gonna pump it into STR, gonna see if i can one hand the Zweihander with a shield.

• Advertisement

My god.

A Dark Souls speed run in 32 minutes.

http://kotaku.com/5966725/watch-this-speed-run-take-down-dark-souls-in-32-minutes

EDIT: 8mins in...Gargoyles dead. It is hypnotic.

Must be using the glitch to get into the Kiln. I think the fastest legit run is 1:02 or something like that. Crazyness!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Must be using the glitch to get into the Kiln. I think the fastest legit run is 1:02 or something like that. Crazyness!

What glitch is that?

This was on Kotaku and was labelled as 'confirmed'.

14 mins in and second bell rang.

19 mins in...JESUS CHRIST - he just forced Iron Golem off a cliff!

EDIT: Some of his shortcuts are just brilliant. Anor Londo in about a minute.

EDIT 2: Just beating S&O now (pine resin on a crystal weapon = wow) and at 26 mins so much be glitxh to Gyn like you said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sequel :eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://kotaku.com/5966785/dark-souls-ii-is-coming/gallery/1

YES! Inject it into my ****ing veins!

Best news of all time? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Oh holy ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ah ffs , another 50 hours of my life will be gone.

No sleep for me so :(

:DTotally didn't see that coming! Graphics are unbelievable, I know it's not in-game footage but it was visually stunning.

No release date even hinted at yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Ah ffs , another 50 hours of my life will be gone.

No sleep for me so :(

50 hrs ?? dear god i wont even mention how many hours i have played dark souls :eek::o

Advertisement