Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Danonino. wrote: »
    sounds like lag dude. Don't let it annoy you.

Yeah PVP especially when guys invade me, they lag so much and i find myself getting backstabbed all the time.

Bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did the DLC with 2 seemingly sound lads today. Made ragdolls out of 3 invaders and killed the Manus. Good times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

danthefan wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a build to get started with here?

The Easiest route imo is to put all your levels into VIT + END and use Elemental weapons! You can pick up the Drake sword early and that will do you until Sens fortress. Then in Sens you can pick up the Lightning spear and once you get to Anor Londo you can make your own choice of Lightning weapon like the Claymore.

The build has excellent survivability due to your high HP pool and stamina bar, and something like the lightning Claymore does excellent damage for no stat investment bar the 16 STR you need to use it! It is also is a blank template to continue it into a PvP build later on.

You can go on and tailor it into a proper DEX, STR or FAI build if you then choose once you get both VIT + END to 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did the DLC with 2 seemingly sound lads today. Made ragdolls out of 3 invaders and killed the Manus. Good times. :)

I love being summoned for Manus. I normally stick a summon sign at the bonfire, then I stick on the Covetous Gold Serpent ring and head down to farm for Humanity until someone summons my character. I particularly love doing a 2-handed falling attack on Manus just after passing through the fog:pac:

Anyway here's yet another Hitler parody

Also, check out Rosie's vids, she's brill:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love being summoned for Manus. I normally stick a summon sign at the bonfire, then I stick on the Covetous Gold Serpent ring and head down to farm for Humanity until someone summons my character. I particularly love doing a 2-handed falling attack on Manus just after passing through the fog:pac:

Anyway here's yet another Hitler parody

Also, check out Rosie's vids, she's brill:)
    what is that weapon in second video?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My god thats stunning!

Only finished this game for the first time tonight. At level 94, Haha. Took the long way around.

Im LVL 94 myself. But im only hitting The centipide demon now.... lols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Whats the lowest SL that people have beaten the game with?

I think mine is an unimpressive 72 :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got a mate of mine a copy for Xmas. He's stuck in the Undead Burg and it took everything in me not to wrestle the controller from him and show him how to beat the Taurus Demon. And by not to wrestle, I mean sometimes hogging.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Got a mate of mine a copy for Xmas. He's stuck in the Undead Burg and it took everything in me not to wrestle the controller from him and show him how to beat the Taurus Demon. And by not to wrestle, I mean sometimes hogging.

Taurus Demon is a trial by fire for many people new to Dark Souls, I remember spending the guts of 15-16 goes before i climbed the ladder and split him in 2.

I wiped the floor with Taurus demon on NG++. By Black Knight Halberd 2 handed drop attack took 3 quarters of his energy.

No matter how many times I try to take a break from this game I keep coming back, it's addictive. I'm finally having more success on PvP as a Darkmoon Blade yet there are times I get smashed several times in a row. I detest those guys who hang out at the Darkroot garden bonfire with summoned phantoms, especially when the Host spams Dark pursuers and the phantom spams Homing Crystal soulmass. After winning tough PvP battles my heart is often in my mouth:pac: I've gotten the Darkmoon Blade miracle and the Darkmoon talisman although I'll have to get my Faith from 22 up to 30 before I can use them.

On a final note, there's nothing more satisfying than being summoned and successfully helping people beat tough bosses. I've gotten several thank You messages from grateful "clients":pac:

Ive never been summoned, feel worthless lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Got a copy of this at Christmas, only played about 2 hours so far, stuck at some skeletons in a grave yard not very far into the game. Like what I've seen so far, although having difficulty making sense of the UI icons (xbox version).

At there are close to 3.5k posts in this thread, is there a tl:dr somewhere for it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Vicxas wrote: »
    Taurus Demon is a trial by fire for many people new to Dark Souls, I remember spending the guts of 15-16 goes before i climbed the ladder and split him in 2.

I saw a note suggesting a plunging attack. I kept engaging him on the roof. Got him down to 25% once but I just kept getting killed. Thank God for youtube.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got a copy of this at Christmas, only played about 2 hours so far, stuck at some skeletons in a grave yard not very far into the game. Like what I've seen so far, although having difficulty making sense of the UI icons (xbox version).

At there are close to 3.5k posts in this thread, is there a tl:dr somewhere for it?
    Or maybe a helpful soul (not dark at all :)) can link to a good guide for absolute beginners?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Or maybe a helpful soul (not dark at all :)) can link to a good guide for absolute beginners?

The wiki, http://darksouls.wikidot.com/ is excellent and my first go to spot, besides this thread for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

ionapaul wrote: »

I might after a full playthrough start looking up some things to better understand the game, but reaching for a guide this early in would just feel wrong.

Also I've noticed some spoilers in this thread (easy way to beat taurus demon, whatever that is), not clearly marked as such so I'm going to steer clear of it until I've finished the game. I was hoping a tl:dr synopsis would tell me if spoilers were contained within, they are. Avoid this thread unless you're ready for them.

• Advertisement

Nah we usually just discuss proud moments here :)

Killed the centipede demon earlier, what a bloody confusing fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I might after a full playthrough start looking up some things to better understand the game, but reaching for a guide this early in would just feel wrong.

Also I've noticed some spoilers in this thread (easy way to beat taurus demon, whatever that is), not clearly marked as such so I'm going to steer clear of it until I've finished the game. I was hoping a tl:dr synopsis would tell me if spoilers were contained within, they are. Avoid this thread unless you're ready for them.

I agree with you on the guide thing. In my opinion you should play the game fresh and discover the secrets by yourself, then on your second playthrough check the guide on how to get the more rare weapons/armour/spells and area's of the game.

Having said that, i think you should check that site for a guide to say, stats and stuff for total beginners. Or better yet, go to it when your unsure on what something does, but doesn't ruin the fresh factor of the game for you.

Enjoy the game! Oh how i wish i could be playing through Dark Soul's all over again for the first time.

Played more Drunken Dark Souls last night. All I know is that Manus is dead but I can't even remember playing through Oolacile Township. I can just barely remember playing through the Chasm.:(

Gonna sit down and watch the making of today. Just to try to understand why a man in Japan hates me.

Played more Drunken Dark Souls last night. All I know is that Manus is dead but I can't even remember playing through Oolacile Township. I can just barely remember playing through the Chasm.:(

Probably best you dont remember, he is the most stamina draining boss ive ever fought, Pure full on non stop! lol

Helped someone beat Kalameet this evening, they managed to cut off his tail while I distracted him which was a great bonus. PvP remains a disaster though, I'm utterly terrible. It's actually getting really depressing!

Helped someone beat Kalameet this evening, they managed to cut off his tail while I distracted him which was a great bonus. PvP remains a disaster though, I'm utterly terrible. It's actually getting really depressing!

Dont even want to remember how many times I wiped on Khalameet trying to get his tail, you do really need to go co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I picked up the Prepare To Die edition today without knowing nothing about Dark Souls (briefly checked IGN's score on my phone and they called it one of the greatest games of 2012 so said fcuk it). All I can say is....for....****....sake. :eek: I haven't the patience for this kind of game. :P

Haven't said that, I'm interested in what I've seen so far and I know I'll enjoy it if I can get the hang of it. But I think a game which gives you no pause option or save option is going to wear thin eventually.

I just hope I can beat the 1st level by tomorrow night. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I picked up the Prepare To Die edition today without knowing nothing about Dark Souls (briefly checked IGN's score on my phone and they called it one of the greatest games of 2012 so said fcuk it). All I can say is....for....****....sake. :eek: I haven't the patience for this kind of game. :P

Haven't said that, I'm interested in what I've seen so far and I know I'll enjoy it if I can get the hang of it. But I think a game which gives you no pause option or save option is going to wear thin eventually.

I just hope I can beat the 1st level by tomorrow night. :pac:

Well there's your first mistake already. There is no "1st level" you can choose any path available!! :p

In all seriousness, it's personally my favourite game of this gen and possible all time and many many more feel similar even on here. It's a tough one to get into but stick with it and it becomes one of the most rewarding gaming experiences you will ever have.

Don't be afraid to ask for help or look up some info to get you started. I would strongly recommend not using a guide as it will take away from the experience but I would also recommend getting some good starting info to help you on your way. Even asking questions in here works great, a lot of experienced players available and willing to answer any questions you have.

To get you started, from Firelink shrine (the starting area after the tutorial) head up the stairs that runs along the side of the mountain into the Undead Burg and take it from there. Good luck! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

save option :pac:
    Just quit out at any time and it'll save it exactly where you left it. Unfortunately you need to use the same technique to pause!

Advertisement