Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

quit and reload
    should appear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

There it is!

And there it's dead!

Any tips for new Londo?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any tips for new Londo?

You need
    transient curses
    or you won't hurt the ghosts.] Also don't rush into rooms as they will come out of the walls, floor and ceiling. They're easy to kill but if they mob you you're a gonner.

I'm still using my long sword and am happy enough to do so but how do i get it past level 10?

Also i haven't used any sort of magic at all through out my game but would like to. I have Pyromancy flame plus seven and fire surge but no clue how to use them.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm still using my long sword and am happy enough to do so but how do i get it past level 10?

You need to find the very large ember and bring it to Andrei.
    I think it might be on new londo but I don't remember where.

For the pyromancy there should be an option to attune magic at the bonfires. You can select your spells there, you need to equip the glove as a weapon to use them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Guys I'm just wondering now about armour and weapon upgrades, just met the black smith ....... took a while to rescue my 20k souls from down the steps there and get out again :o

Can't ascend stuff, likely too early in the game at this point to have encountered let alone harvest a dragon scale or the other item i need, I'm more concerned with armour really, I still have on my thief kit i started with , haven't really found anything I thought was a better option? So should I go ahead and get the +1 upgrades to those items are hold out for something better that may pop up some time soon?

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys I'm just wondering now about armour and weapon upgrades, just met the black smith ....... took a while to rescue my 20k souls from down the steps there and get out again :o

Can't ascend stuff, likely too early in the game at this point to have encountered let alone harvest a dragon scale or the other item i need, I'm more concerned with armour really, I still have on my thief kit i started with , haven't really found anything I thought was a better option? So should I go ahead and get the +1 upgrades to those items are hold out for something better that may pop up some time soon?

I picked wanderer and kept that armour all the way through and into NG+. I ascended it eventually but only after my weapons and shields are fully upgraded, I don't think the more snazzy armour sets are important unless you want to go for a PvP build. It's more important to be able to dodge a hit than take one imo.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I picked wanderer and kept that armour all the way through and into NG+. I ascended it eventually but only after my weapons and shields are fully upgraded, I don't think the more snazzy armour sets are important unless you want to go for a PvP build. It's more important to be able to dodge a hit than take one imo.

I've learned that very early on, I'm thinking of armour as more an emergency resource than to be relied on.

Also chopping tails off seems to be a thing to really try to go for, by pure luck I got an axe from the gargoyles :D

• Advertisement

I've learned that very early on, I'm thinking of armour as more an emergency resource than to be relied on.

Also chopping tails off seems to be a thing to really try to go for, by pure luck I got an axe from the gargoyles :D

Yeah, if a boss has a tale it's worth having a go at it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

There's black leather armour in the Lower Undead Burg which is decent and reasonably light, you'll probably be going there next after you beat the gargoyles. I'm using the Wanderer Armour in my game which I think I found in Blighttown, keeps me under 25% weight and has pretty good stats.

I haven't played my own game all week with the good weather but think I'll sink an hour or two into it this evening and see how I get on, still in Anor Londo and about to take on the boss

Harps wrote: »
    There's black leather armour in the Lower Undead Burg which is decent and reasonably light, you'll probably be going there next after you beat the gargoyles. I'm using the Wanderer Armour in my game which I think I found in Blighttown, keeps me under 25% weight and has pretty good stats.

I haven't played my own game all week with the good weather but think I'll sink an hour or two into it this evening and see how I get on, still in Anor Londo and about to take on the boss

I have a score I need to settle in the lower burg with those assassins so I'll take a look,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got that tail off the gargoyle, but it's not as good as the Black Sword from the Knight at the bottom of the Burg , that does 220 dmg.
    Also, the Boar Helm I got off the armored pig is deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I got that tail off the gargoyle, but it's not as good as the Black Sword from the Knight at the bottom of the Burg , that does 220 dmg.
    Also, the Boar Helm I got off the armored pig is deadly :D

its a great sword
    but i wouldnt rely on it to much
    you cant magic buff it and it doesnt scale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I think I used my starting gear (Pyromancer) the whole way through until Anor Londo then picked up the Silver Knight gear then mixed that up with some Crimson armor to bring down my equip burden. I think armor is probably the least of your worries though.

Focus on your weapon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Ornstein and Smough :(

Really hating the silver knights with spears as well, can't seem to get a hang of parrying them and I'm losing half my health every time I face one, there's two of them on the way to the boss so its really annoying me. I know there's the other bonfire at the bottom of the rotating bridge but its such a pain to get up from there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

go human at the bonfire and summon someone in that room. let them twat the silver knights. be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Harps wrote: »
    Ornstein and Smough :(

Really hating the silver knights with spears as well, can't seem to get a hang of parrying them and I'm losing half my health every time I face one, there's two of them on the way to the boss so its really annoying me. I know there's the other bonfire at the bottom of the rotating bridge but its such a pain to get up from there

If you can take out Ornstein first you can manage to get a pillar between you and Smough and kill him off with arrows, be careful though you do have to strafe to keep him opposite you and even with that sometimes he can get out behind it. Orstein's armour set is way cooler but he is definitely the harder of the two to fight when he is alone imo.

So did some exploring in the depths all going well and next thing those googley eyed so and so's cursed me I assume it wont wear off ? Now I assume I need to grind out the 6k souls to cure myself by buying what I need from that zombie on near the start of the undead burg or is there an alternative????

• Advertisement

So did some exploring in the depths all going well and next thing those googley eyed so and so's cursed me I assume it wont wear off ? Now I assume I need to grind out the 6k souls to cure myself by buying what I need from that zombie on near the start of the undead burg or is there an alternative????

dont think theirs any alternative except for buying something that breaks the curse
    them frog things were mad annoying
    but their quite easy to kill just dont go exploring in that part of the depths cause their is quite a good few of them, and if they curse you its auto death and half health :pac: id wait till your a high enough lvl to one or two hit them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just stay out of the clouds of stuff and you won't get cursed I think.

See a cloud = run the other way.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    dont think theirs any alternative except for buying something that breaks the curse
    them frog things were mad annoying
    but their quite easy to kill just dont go exploring in that part of the depths cause their is quite a good few of them, and if they curse you its auto death and half health :pac: id wait till your a high enough lvl to one or two hit them,

Trip was more than worth it though I got the ring of evil eye and an eye of death , which im not sure what it does but it sounds cool.

ALso I googled and found the guy in the clock tower only charges 3000 souls as opposed to 6k from that robbing so and so in undead burg. I nearly cried when it happened though, everything was going so well pure luck I dropped down behind the butcher and 1 shotted that giant rat I think i'd almost totally cleared out the area and were I died was at the door to the bonfire almost ...... I lost about 18k souls :(

Trip was more than worth it though I got the ring of evil eye and an eye of death , which im not sure what it does but it sounds cool.

ALso I googled and found the guy in the clock tower only charges 3000 souls as opposed to 6k from that robbing so and so in undead burg. I nearly cried when it happened though, everything was going so well pure luck I dropped down behind the butcher and 1 shotted that giant rat I think i'd almost totally cleared out the area and were I died was at the door to the bonfire almost ...... I lost about 18k souls :(

ah dont worry, youll get back to that bonfire quick enough
    an trust me 18k souls is very little compared to what you will be getting :D
    your next boss fight if i remember correctly gives you like 20 or 30k souls and your close to him :)
    also those butcher guys and the rat dont respawn

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    ah dont worry, youll get back to that bonfire quick enough
    an trust me 18k souls is very little compared to what you will be getting :D
    your next boss fight if i remember correctly gives you like 20 or 30k souls and your close to him :)
    also those butcher guys and the rat dont respawn

and go for the tail if you can ;)

Curse lifted now, that will teach me a lesson.

Now I'm at a loss as to where to go, I;ve rung the 1st bull but there are many options open to me now, I don't mind heading for the 2nd one once I google where it is but if there are any suggestions of things I should do and might be able for at this point im all ears

Edit: I saved and grinded enough to get a spare purging stone ... just in case and some moss for poison just in case.

Curse lifted now, that will teach me a lesson.

Now I'm at a loss as to where to go, I;ve rung the 1st bull but there are many options open to me now, I don't mind heading for the 2nd one once I google where it is but if there are any suggestions of things I should do and might be able for at this point im all ears

Edit: I saved and grinded enough to get a spare purging stone ... just in case and some moss for poison just in case.

You have to fight a boss at the end of the the sewers to get a key to get farther down to get the bell. The boss fight can be pretty tough unless you are human and can summon, you can summon 2 NPCs guys to help including Solaire. Try and eliminate the chaneller if you can find him also... it might be handy to use a map, I can get through it in about 30 seconds because I know exactly where to go but the first time I was lost in there for hours!

Also you might consider going back to undead asylum for the rusty ring! Especially if you;re near the firelink shrine!

MOC88 wrote: »
    You have to fight a boss at the end of the the sewers to get a key to get farther down to get the bell. The boss fight can be pretty tough unless you are human and can summon, you can summon 2 NPCs guys to help including Solaire. Try and eliminate the chaneller if you can find him also... it might be handy to use a map, I can get through it in about 30 seconds because I know exactly where to go but the first time I was lost in there for hours!

Also you might consider going back to undead asylum for the rusty ring! Especially if you;re near the firelink shrine!

As luck would have it i just picked up a key for the asylum next to snuggly so into the nest i go, so I was heading the right way through the sewers?????

As luck would have it i just picked up a key for the asylum next to snuggly so into the nest i go, so I was heading the right way through the sewers?????

Yeah you're on the right track with the depths. No harm going back to the asylum now though or after you beat the depths boss. There a few items there you'll want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You will ideally want to go back to the Undead Asylum to get a certain item before venturing into Blighttown and also for another particular boss in Darkroot Basin.

Also trading with Snuggly can be good for obtaining for certain items.

Advertisement