Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cheers, I want to get the egg for a handy dragon scale from snuggly

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Cheers, I want to get the egg for a handy dragon scale from snuggly

Oh that's an egg vermifuge you want, you use those to actually remove the egg from your head. I seem to remember getting those in an easier way but I can't remember how exactly.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh that's an egg vermifuge you want, you use those to actually remove the egg from your head. I seem to remember getting those in an easier way but I can't remember how exactly.

Ah it's handy because I'm right near Eingyi so he'll give my one to cure it and I can buy one there from him for 1000 souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

You can get infected by the egg carriers without dying. As you enter demon ruins you pass a bunch of them who stay still but one or two advance towards you, stand still and they will plant an egg. I always remove my helmet first, no idea if that makes a difference though :) Egg Vermifuge are a rareish drop by the:
    tree lizards that are in the Darkroot garden where the giant mossy stone warriors are. Usually one of them will drop one for you.

Sens Fortress is the next stop, head up the giant wooden elevators down in Blighttown. I actually love Snes for invasions (lv50 is always active) but the first few journeys through there are terrifying. Eventually you will be able to run through blindfolded. There are some very cool items and secrets there too, make sure to look over edges and try risky jumps if you're confident of making it back. Take your time and enjoy the dread :p wuh ha ha
    Oh and not sure if its a well known tactic but the enemies can be damaged by the traps in Sens too. So when you can, use them to your advantage :) like at the very start, running to the left pillar will make one guard advance and you can then step into the middle and kill him with the arrow trap.

The framerate drops have been patched a few times and are much better now. Before the first patch Blightown was very very bad. Played through multiple times on both 360 and PS3 and the PS3 version (at least for me) always seemed to run a lot smoother. I actually rented the 360 version first but bought the PS3 version... game was that good I got it on 360 again to complete it :o

Glad I picked up the gold hemmed set, seems to be the best thing I have over all and resistances huge on it :eek:

I accidentally aggro'd that robed lady in the swamp while she was talking a boulder lobber came over , can that be undone with the guy in the church?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yeah requesting absolution from Oswald in the Parish should fix that

Yeah requesting absolution from Oswald in the Parish should fix that

:eek: 22500 souls ..... eh maybe later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it gets more expensive later :) scales with your level

it gets more expensive later :) scales with your level

/kicks the cat

I just spent .... ah ffs

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

:eek: 22500 souls ..... eh maybe later

I would advise seeking absolution lest you bring the wrath of the Blade of the Darkmoon down upon you. Though you may indeed be noble and true of heart we shall show no mercy for thou hast sinned.

God I love this game :pac:

• Advertisement

I would advise seeking absolution lest you bring the wrath of the Blade of the Darkmoon down upon you. Though you may indeed be noble and true of heart we shall show no mercy for thou hast sinned.

God I love this game :pac:

The blade of the darkmoon can go *beep* i'm more concerned with these swingy axe/blade things :(

The blade of the darkmoon can go *beep* i'm more concerned with these swingy axe/blade things :(

Yeah sen's is a bitch. The first few swinging blade bits aren't too bad, the ones nearer the boss are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i must of died about 40 times in the poxy place before i got to the boss :L the boss aint too bad although the summoning for that area has quieted down alot only an npc summon now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i must of died about 40 times in the poxy place before i got to the boss :L the boss aint too bad although the summoning for that area has quieted down alot only an npc summon now :/

I've never needed any summons other than Tarkus, that man is a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Also, if you unlock the door in Darkroot Garden using the Crest of Artorias, killing the NPC's in there or doing a bit of PVP you can regain souls quite quickly from any purchases bought.

There are 7 NPC's in the garden, 4 respawn upon resting at a bonfire, 3 die permanently after killing them:
    - Sorcerer gives you 2000 souls upon it's death (respawns)
    - Thief gives you 2000 souls upon it's death (respawns)
    - Cleric gives you 2000 souls upon it's death (respawns)
    - Bandit gives you 1000 souls upon it's death (respawns)
    - Warrior gives you 3000 or 4000 souls upon it's death (doesn't respawn)
    - Knight gives you 3000 or 4000 souls upon it's death (doesn't respawn)
    - Hunter gives you 3000 or 4000 souls upon it's death (doesn't respawn)

Hunter also gives you Pharis' hat and the Black Bow of Pharis

So on your first run in the forest you potentially get 16,000 souls. Afterwards any extra runs you will accumulate 7,000 souls per run.

It's probably the best place to farm for souls early in the game. PvP'ing in the forest is another good way to earn souls. You potentially have the chance to earn between 1,000-50,000 souls per PvP kill on average (you'll rarely get more than 50k unless the person is WAY high level). The downside is you can be grouped against any kind of level from the Forest Hunter Covenant so if you are level 20 you might face a level 80 person in PvP. If you are decent at fighting and have a good weapon and know how to use items/magic you can have a chance of winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Haven't been playing much recently but still haven't managed to beat Lautrec or Ornstein & Smough, really getting fed up with the lack of progress, going on two weeks in Anor Londo now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I finally left Undead Burg into Undead Parish and very quickly found myeslf in the Darkroot Garden where I was promptly killed by a bunch of trees. How exactly do I get better weapons? Is it mainly from enemies dropping things? What am I actually supposed to be doing in this game? The intro video (as cool as it was) seems to have nothing to do with the game itself so far

Grimebox wrote: »
    I finally left Undead Burg into Undead Parish and very quickly found myeslf in the Darkroot Garden where I was promptly killed by a bunch of trees. How exactly do I get better weapons? Is it mainly from enemies dropping things? What am I actually supposed to be doing in this game? The intro video (as cool as it was) seems to have nothing to do with the game itself so far

ONce you get a weapon you like you can start leveling up the weapon. You can do this by going to the blacksmiths or at your bonfire if you buy an item from the blacksmith first which allows you to do so. Titanite is what you use to level up the weapons, different types of titanite work for different types of weapons. You'll also need to find embers to give to blacksmiths so they can ascend your weapon higher.

THe storyline (if you could call it that) is very vague throughout the whole game tbh.

If you're not sure where to go next then ask here or check out the wikis. Have you killed the gargoyles and rang the first bell yet? If you haven't then head back to the church in undead parish and upstairs. IF you have then you need to get to lower undead burg and on to the depths from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Harps wrote: »
    Haven't been playing much recently but still haven't managed to beat Lautrec or Ornstein & Smough, really getting fed up with the lack of progress, going on two weeks in Anor Londo now!

Dude don't get bogged down summon help for Ornstein and Smough ( i got two other people to help me and flew through it second time) Lautrec is a piece of piss i used 160 poisoned arrows, equip the eagle ring? could be wrong on the name of that ring and can't check at the moment. Don't move from where you spawn and take all three out without moving.

To be honest I love the game but i don't have time to be dicking around for days on end with bosses, so don't have a problem employing others to help me through the more difficult ones.

Yeah I figured I'd have to go to the Undead Parish. I just took a path and ended up by a blacksmith which led to that forest. It's a fun game once you get the hang of it. Is it difficult to fight that bull-like creature in the Burg/Parish (can't remember exactly where it was)? I just ran past it... I also ran past some big demon firing lightning. Running away seems like a legit strategy in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Like Mickeroo said, the plot is vague to say the least. If you want to avoid wikis, you need to talk to everyone you meet until you exhaust their dialogue options. They'll hopefully help you understand what's going on. The crestfallen knight (the sad guy sitting beside the bonfire at Firelink) is the best for this in the early portions of the game, he'll give you some advice on what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

The Drakes Sword is great for beginners and easy to get. Pick up a bow and some arrows and take aim at the Dragons Tail from under the bridge, takes alot of hits though. You can upgrade it easily and you can wield it early on in the game!

Oh and try to perfect your back stabs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

weiland79 wrote: »
    Dude don't get bogged down summon help for Ornstein and Smough ( i got two other people to help me and flew through it second time) Lautrec is a piece of piss i used 160 poisoned arrows, equip the eagle ring? could be wrong on the name of that ring and can't check at the moment. Don't move from where you spawn and take all three out without moving.

To be honest I love the game but i don't have time to be dicking around for days on end with bosses, so don't have a problem employing others to help me through the more difficult ones.

I'm in Donegal at the moment and the internet here is pathetic to put it mildly so I'm stuck playing offline for the most part.

Just read the wiki for the Hawk Ring (guessing thats the one you meant) there, had no idea it was right under my nose the whole time. Don't have any poison arrows but the ring should make things a lot easier

Harps wrote: »
    I'm in Donegal at the moment and the internet here is pathetic to put it mildly so I'm stuck playing offline for the most part.

Just read the wiki for the Hawk Ring (guessing thats the one you meant) there, had no idea it was right under my nose the whole time. Don't have any poison arrows but the ring should make things a lot easier

I think you'll need to buy the poison arrows for it to work.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    The Drakes Sword is great for beginners and easy to get. Pick up a bow and some arrows and take aim at the Dragons Tail from under the bridge, takes alot of hits though. You can upgrade it easily and you can wield it early on in the game!

Oh and try to perfect your back stabs!

I'm using it, it won't stop the hurt but does even the odds, i think it was about 30-40 standard arrows to the lower part of the tail for us, and it's 16 dex requirement i think.

Is it worth using dragon scales on it? I have 3 but I have a feeling I should hold on to those, I'm getting to a point were with leveling I'll soon have gear scaled with me that will be better in terms of dmg than the drake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I'm using it, it won't stop the hurt but does even the odds, i think it was about 30-40 standard arrows to the lower part of the tail for us, and it's 16 dex requirement i think.

Is it worth using dragon scales on it? I have 3 but I have a feeling I should hold on to those, I'm getting to a point were with leveling I'll soon have gear scaled with me that will be better in terms of dmg than the drake?

I personally would keep the scales, the Drake Sword will become useless later in the game. Use the Dragon scales on the The Dragonlord Axe, Dragon Great Sword, or Dragon Tooth later in the game as you can only get so many each play-through!

I used the Black Knight Sword most of the game with Havel Armour but playing a sorcerer based character now for a change!

It's 16 Strength you need not Dex.

Are you leveling up dex much? If you are get your hands on the Iaito (or the Uchigatana). Even at +5 the Iaito was mauch better than the Drake sword and it also has the added bonus of being a katana do your character essentially becomes a bad ass lone samurai :D

Iaito is in blightown, you don't have to go in very far to get it if you missed it first time around.

It's 16 Strength you need not Dex.

Are you leveling up dex much? If you are get your hands on the Iaito (or the Uchigatana). Even at +5 the Iaito was mauch better than the Drake sword and it also has the added bonus of being a katana do your character essentially becomes a bad ass lone samurai :D

Iaito is in blightown, you don't have to go in very far to get it if you missed it first time around.

I think I have one of those swords. I accidentally attacked and then subsequently killed the merchant in Undead Burg and he dropped it.

Yep its this one: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Uchigatana

So should I just level it up rather than killing the dragon? Killing the dragon like that sounds very cheap and time consuming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

The Uchigatana is one of the better weapons in the game imo. Max it! Max it out!!

• Advertisement

I had two attempts at the Stray Demon Last night.

It did not end well.

Not leaving tonight until i kill the fat baztard.
    I need the slab to finish my long sword.

Advertisement