Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What do people make of the voice acting in this? some characters are good some are woeful, I quite like Siegmeyer and his daughter though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    What do people make of the voice acting in this? some characters are good some are woeful, I quite like Siegmeyer and his daughter though.

Oswald Of Cairim's laugh at the end of his little spiel is hilarious and also creepy.

I love Solaire's voice, I'd like him to read me stories before I fall asleep.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oswald Of Cairim's laugh at the end of his little spiel is hilarious and also creepy.

I love Solaire's voice, I'd like him to read me stories before I fall asleep.

was the guy sitting at the bonfire in Firelink at the start? I killed him ages ago to see if NPC's could be killed ha. Solaire is cool alright, had much jolly co-operation with him throughout the game, dude took a Smough assdrop to the head for me, sniff :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

was the guy sitting at the bonfire in Firelink at the start? I killed him ages ago to see if NPC's could be killed ha. Solaire is cool alright, had much jolly co-operation with him throughout the game, dude took a Smough assdrop to the head for me, sniff :(

No that's the crestfallen warrior or something, you'd have had to kill him a some point anyway. Oswald is in the tower where you ring the first bell, he can absolve you if your sins and that.

No that's the crestfallen warrior or something, you'd have had to kill him a some point anyway. Oswald is in the tower where you ring the first bell, he can absolve you if your sins and that.

Ohh that dude, I don't think I ever went back up there completely forgot about him, it's not an area you really have to pass through so never thought to go back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Oswald: "It's only human to commit a sin, TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEH!!!"

I love that maniacal laughter:)

One of the most annoying enemies for me were the blow dart assholes in Blight Town. Those bastards gave me ire!!

Oswald: "It's only human to commit a sin, TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEH!!!"

I love that maniacal laughter:)

One of the most annoying enemies for me were the blow dart assholes in Blight Town. Those bastards gave me ire!!

Especially when you first arrive into the place, you can't tell where you're meant to be going, those bloody mosquitos are everywhere and you're just stood there thinking "what the hell is shooting at me?!"

Made my way into the Demon Ruins tonight, fun taking out Taurus Demons in 2 hits of a sword now, compared to running away and panicking at the one way back in the beginning of the game. c'monnn ya fcukers!

Anyone know where Big Hat Logan goes off to after the Dukes Archives? I freed him from a cell and he said he'd be around but I cant find him and he's not in Firelink anymore. I had a quick run around the Archive library but couldnt find him, unless he spawns somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

He's where you fought Seath the first time.

OdgeXD wrote: »

Thanking you, need to get a soul spear off him gonna bump up intelligence so can at least keep away from certain enemies am mostly melee weapons.

did a big clearout of my inventory, dropped a load of double and triple weapons I'd gotten from enemies and kept the ones I actually use, few useless shields and the like too.

I was sleepy D:

He should actually still be in Dukes hiding behind one of the bookshelves in the room with the staircase leading to the Crystal Cave. He'll move on again whenever you purchase all of the spells he can sell to you.

If you're playing a high INT be sure to get crystal soul spear, wrecks ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone know where Big Hat Logan goes off to after the Dukes Archives? I freed him from a cell and he said he'd be around but I cant find him and he's not in Firelink anymore. I had a quick run around the Archive library but couldnt find him, unless he spawns somewhere else.

As Odge said he's still in the Archives where the stairs leads down to the open area to Crystal Cave, the little room where you got a blue titinate chunk.

When you buy all of his spells, he then receeds into madness and is then in the room where you fought Seath the first time. You can then get his Catalyst (best in the game) and his clothes.

As Odge said he's still in the Archives where the stairs leads down to the open area to Crystal Cave, the little room where you got a blue titinate chunk.

When you buy all of his spells, he then receeds into madness and is then in the room where you fought Seath the first time. You can then get his Catalyst (best in the game) and his clothes.

His hat too? awesome lol I know the room you mean it's right near the bonfire so can easily warp there, dunno why I didnt spot him

Yep everything. His catalyst is only the best if you're going past 40 INT though, plain old sorcerers is the best up til that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

His crystal spells are awesome but you need a high intelligence level to use them. My fave is the Crystal Homing soul mass.

I remember one playthrough where I beat Quelaag. On my way up the flimsy wooden platform to Firelink I was poisoned by one of those infernal blow dart thingys. I was completely out of purple moss clumps so I had to rely on my Estus flasks to stay alive. I ran past the big dung-pie trolls narrowly avoiding getting hit by them and made my way from Drake Valley to New Londo and up the lift to Firelink.
    When I got up the lift I was out of Estus and my energy was at half way, slowly decreasing due to the poison. I made a rapid dash to the bonfire, trying to beat my decreasing health bar. With about one hundreth of my health bar left I just managed to make the bonfire. It was one of the most nerve wracking moments I ever experienced in gaming:pac:

Yep everything. His catalyst is only the best if you're going past 40 INT though, plain old sorcerers is the best up til that point.

Think my INT is at 21, been mostly upgrading weapons lately, only the bigger enemies like the huge knights in Anor Londo and some of the mini boss type things take more than a few hits.

Think my INT is at 21, been mostly upgrading weapons lately, only the bigger enemies like the huge knights in Anor Londo and some of the mini boss type things take more than a few hits.

Assuming this is your first playthrough I imagine your stats are a bit messy anyway :P

Just keep upgrading weapons and the stats your favourite one scales with ^^

Assuming this is your first playthrough I imagine your stats are a bit messy anyway :P

Just keep upgrading weapons and the stats your favourite one scales with ^^

Oh yeah, was all vitality and strenght early on, regretting that now as once I had it enough to one hand the Zweihander I didn't need it any higher really. The first playthrough is just learning the do's and dont's for your second really. I wouldn't have bothered upping stuff like endurance given I have a shield and ring that make my stamina recharge faster anyway.

Demon Ruins done, in Lost Izalith now, made it to the centre of the room with those huge things standing in a circle and got a soul of a hero but one twatted me through the wall, bloody annoying I left 45k souls in there :mad:

I watched the intro on youtube as I'd forgotten it, it makes SO much more sense knowing who Nito, Gwyn, Seath and the witches of Izalith are. How the lore unfolds throughout the game is really well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I watched the intro on youtube as I'd forgotten it, it makes SO much more sense knowing who Nito, Gwyn, Seath and the witches of Izalith are. How the lore unfolds throughout the game is really well done.

Some great videos here to start to piece together the story and lore

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4825DBA198EBE9B9

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Some great videos here to start to piece together the story and lore

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4825DBA198EBE9B9

no need to link him to that trash :P

For the best lore videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWLedd0Zw3c5RCXboUsPwHsZJlXB2CzCz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

have to say I much prefer VaatiVidya's lore videos too, but ENB's are worth watching... after VaatiVidya's :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have watched a ton of ENB (or Marcus as he prefers!) videos.

Love them.

Will give that VaatiVidya person a go.

Nito down, good jesus that Tomb of the Giants area was awful, even getting in there past the skeleton wheels down into Pinwheels lair was a pain in the balls. New Londo Ruins next, been there a few times but didn't go far. I accidentally killed Patches too as I was fighting one of those stupid big dog like skeleton things and hit him with the edge of a sword swing at one. Was he important?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I accidentally killed Patches too as I was fighting one of those stupid big dog like skeleton things and hit him with the edge of a sword swing at one. Was he important?

Not really, he becomes a merchant in Firelink shine after you defeat Nito and you can buy a few things off him but he's not an important character in the grand scheme of things.

Nito down, good jesus that Tomb of the Giants area was awful, even getting in there past the skeleton wheels down into Pinwheels lair was a pain in the balls. New Londo Ruins next, been there a few times but didn't go far. I accidentally killed Patches too as I was fighting one of those stupid big dog like skeleton things and hit him with the edge of a sword swing at one. Was he important?

Patches deserves to be killed anyway :p

Have you killed Sif yet?

Patches deserves to be killed anyway :p

Have you killed Sif yet?

I have indeed, leathered him with a crystal halberd. I think the only places I have left are New Londo and Lost Izalith, was already there but got killed by those huge things in the chamber stomping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Demon's Souls is on sale now on the PS store. I can't see the price as I already have it but it's down from 20 euro. I'd highly recommend it to Dark Souls fans. It's not as user friendly but just as good and maybe better in parts. There still seems to be a small online presence too so you may even get some co-op action going.

• Advertisement

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Demon's Souls is on sale now on the PS store. I can't see the price as I already have it but it's down from 20 euro. I'd highly recommend it to Dark Souls fans. It's not as user friendly but just as good and maybe better in parts. There still seems to be a small online presence too so you may even get some co-op action going.

Would you believe I actually had a preowned copy in my hand earlier today and decided against it, I think I need to play something that's a breeze next :pac: I'll def give it a try as I did get it on it's original release and didn't give it a chance. I might get the Dark Souls dlc as well since I got the regular edition not the Prepare To Die one (raging now as zavvi.com have a really cool steelbook version).

edit: Demon's Souls is 8.99 now if you're a psn+ member, 9.99 otherwise. Purchased :D

Advertisement