Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

It works anywhere as long as you're human. If it disappears if means you're being invaded iirc, but they don't always connect. Or if you leave the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    You have to stay in the area you put it. If you cross a threshold where there used to be a fog wall it disappears as you've entered a new area. Other things like movable platforms you can't put the sign on. Best place to put it would near the last bonfire on the way to a boss.

You also have to be in a similar level range to be summoned so depending on your level you would be more likely to get summoned in different areas.

Ahh ok, was too close to a bonfire for the crack orb to work as well. I actually got invaded when I was looking for someplace to go lol got killed by least didnt have much on me, 1 humanity and a few hundred souls

I love how on the first playthrough a few thousand souls seems like such a massive amount, then once you hit NG+ its like '80k souls lost, oh well'

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I love how on the first playthrough a few thousand souls seems like such a massive amount, then once you hit NG+ its like '80k souls lost, oh well'

Ha yeah, back then you'd be farming hollows for a 100 souls a piece and think you were raking it in, now I need nearly 40k to go up one point of stamina or something . at level 78 at the mo.

It's always nice killing someone really high level in pvp and getting like 300k souls or something stupid haha

Doesn't happen often though :(

• Advertisement

It's always nice killing someone really high level in pvp and getting like 300k souls or something stupid haha

Doesn't happen often though :(

I'd have them spent straight away, I dont see the point in hanging onto souls I've fallen off stuff or got killed stupidly too many times for that lol either level up or use em on upgrading a weapon if you have the materials

In pvp you usually cap at around SL120, so souls don't really matter anymore and you just end up amassing a silly amount over a period of time and have absolutely no use for them

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Or he'll be waiting days for any action. I'd still vote for the forest even though it is a cesspool. Maybe at lower levels in his next playthrough he get more people looking for help with Sif and less idiots.

And besides, Anor Londo has just as many gankers waiting for the dark moons to show up.

You're right, it's a ganker paradise being summoned to Anor Londo via the Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring. I meant the blue eye orb, it works like a red eye orb, but only works against "guilty" players. Also, the level matchmaking works like:

Lower Level Limit: x - (50 + 20% of x)
    Upper Level Limit: x + (10 + 10% of x)
    This means a level 100 Darkmoon can invade others who are levels 30 - 120.

Means you're more likely to be more powerful that who you're invading, unlike the Darkwraiths that are usually weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

You're right, it's a ganker paradise being summoned to Anor Londo via the Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring. I meant the blue eye orb, it works like a red eye orb, but only works against "guilty" players. Also, the level matchmaking works like:

Lower Level Limit: x - (50 + 20% of x)
    Upper Level Limit: x + (10 + 10% of x)
    This means a level 100 Darkmoon can invade others who are levels 30 - 120.

Means you're more likely to be more powerful that who you're invading, unlike the Darkwraiths that are usually weaker.

I never had much luck with the blue orb but that's probably just me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I never had much luck with the blue orb but that's probably just me.

I liked the idea of smiting sinners very much, but every time I used it I just kept coming up against 2 or 3 tanks co-oping, basically farming covenant members.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I liked the idea of smiting sinners very much, but every time I used it I just kept coming up against 2 or 3 tanks co-oping, basically farming covenant members.

I'll never understand people that do that. It really doesn't look like ANY fun, so what's the benefit to them? Souls are worthless at those levels! Ugh! :mad:

Yeah but you get to gank fools

Yeah but you get to gank fools

Ugh. Stay in the Forest.

I was in the forest yesterday with my Solaire build and was invaded by two forest hunters. I squared up to the first one but he didn't attack so I waited to see what he was doing. After a minute he was dressed in Solaire's armour running around in circles spamming L1 with his shield and sword two handed(the L1 dance), the second guy soon followed suit and we had three Solaires running around the forest acting the fool for around 10 minutes before they stopped, waved at me and jumped off the cliff.

To me this is the best part of Dark Souls online. It makes dealing with all the other hassle worth it and keeps me coming back to this amazing game. Roll on March.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Any news on ds2 coming out on the ps4
    after shui yoshida, s statement

Any news on ds2 coming out on the ps4
    after shui yoshida, s statement

Probably not. I would fully expect a Demon's Souls 2 though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably not. I would fully expect a Demon's Souls 2 though.

Was Dark Souls not essentially Demon's Souls 2 anyway?

Pretty much but Sony own the rights to Demon's Souls so there's the possibility of another playstation exclusive Souls game.

Sort of but not really. While it's not in any way related it's a sort of spiritual successor. They couldn't use the Demons Souls name because Sony owns the ip rights.

Fully expect Demons Souls 2 to be PS4 exclusive

Pretty much but Sony own the rights to Demon's Souls so there's the possibility of another playstation exclusive Souls game.

Ah right!

Bought Demon's Souls of the PS store there and will be playing it over the christmas.

Is it similar size wise to Dark Souls?

• Advertisement

Ah right!

Bought Demon's Souls of the PS store there and will be playing it over the christmas.

Is it similar size wise to Dark Souls?

It's pretty big from what I can remember. Probably not as big as Dark Souls and it's not open world so it may seem more linear perhaps. There's no checkpoints during the areas so when you die you're back at the start but there are shortcuts that you open as you progress and when you kill a boss, that will serve as your start point in the next area for that world.

It's broken up into 5 worlds each with its own different areas so you will likely progress by completing one or two areas in one world then going to a different world and so on.

It's pretty big from what I can remember. Probably not as big as Dark Souls and it's not open world so it may seem more linear perhaps. There's no checkpoints during the areas so when you die you're back at the start but there are shortcuts that you open as you progress and when you kill a boss, that will serve as your start point in the next area for that world.

It's broken up into 5 worlds each with its own different areas so you will likely progress by completing one or two areas in one world then going to a different world and so on.

So there's no bonfires? :-o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just a bonfire at the start of each level. As above though, there are some pretty helpful shortcuts that you can open up (knock a ladder down, open a gate etc...) which greatly help. I think i'll give it a go again over Christmas as well, as it's been ages since i've played it.

So there's no bonfires? :-o

Just at the start of an area and you'll be better because of it. :p

The Boletarian Palace(world 1) is probably my favourite area out of both games. The first boss arena is a ten second run straight ahead of you but you first have to trek upwards to unlock the gate. There's more emphasis on exploration to find the shortcuts which essentially act as checkpoints without the enemy and health reset.

Just at the start of an area and you'll be better because of it. :p

So if a boss kills me I start back at the previous boss' area? Mother of god it's going to be a tough Christmas :pac:

So if a boss kills me I start back at the previous boss' area? Mother of god it's going to be a tough Christmas :pac:

Yup, and each run back to the boss improves your skill. And just to make it that little bit harder, you lose half your health bar when your hollow.

And now I'm gonna have to give it a play too. Sigh.

Some of the levels are bloody massive as well. Nothing worse then getting killed in the 4th stage of an area, only to go straight back to the start. Fantastic game though, though it will be interesting to see how it plays after getting used to Dark Souls.

Out of interest to people who've played Demon's and Dark Souls, which is harder?

krudler wrote: »
    Out of interest to people who've played Demon's and Dark Souls, which is harder?

I think Dark Souls, but maybe it's because I played that first. World 4 was a nightmare though :eek:

• Advertisement

I'd say Demons Souls, for the same reason as above. I played it when it just came out, and by christ it was tough at first. I'd heard it was going to be hard, but wasn't quite ready for it to be that hard. Like Dark Souls though, once you knew the mechanics of the game, it got a lot easier.

Overall, i'd say Demons Souls was definitely the tougher of the two.

Advertisement