Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I actually liked the sewers area and the butchers surprising me on the way in then the blobs dropping on me fun fun fun, if you are meeting the googly eyed things that curse you then you are exploring to much there isn't anything useful that I remember by encountering those, the rats though are well worth an hour of your time to farm humanity off

@ Sir Digby Chicken Caesar I thought when i 1st started that I would be able to fight those over and over for rare loot drops etc. one of the few let downs in the game for me. That said I was coming from Borderlands at the time where every minor boss was respawned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Beat the Gaping Dragon, while cursed and didn't take one hit.

It was fairly simple really, it only used the two attacks against me: that really slow charge and jumping slam. So I let it charge, ran to the side, slashed 4 times, ran away. Rinse and repeat.

/Smug.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That "I'm actually getting good at the game" feeling doesn't usually last too long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Mindf*ck: The "googly eyed" things... that's not their eyes.

Img0067.jpg

wM84K5Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

J. Marston wrote: »
    Beat the Gaping Dragon, while cursed and didn't take one hit.

It was fairly simple really, it only used the two attacks against me: that really slow charge and jumping slam. So I let it charge, ran to the side, slashed 4 times, ran away. Rinse and repeat.

/Smug.

Nice one :). Did you chop off his tail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I don't remember the Capra Demon being such a turbo bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Vicxas wrote: »
    I don't remember the Capra Demon being such a turbo bastard.

He's simple if you can get through the first 10 seconds of the fight and get rid of the dogs. My tactic is always to make a bee line for the steps as soon as I get in the door. It's easy enough as well if you summon some help

Only in Dark Souls :P

ZJL62y8.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im watching that lets play I posted a few posts back, he made it to sens

in the room with the first mimic you meet. he walks in, "this game doesnt just give you a room with a chest and no enemies" then the chest eats him.
    Dark souls
    beautiful.

Dark souls
    beautiful.

Least hes better than PewdiePie

• Advertisement

Nice one :). Did you chop off his tail?

No, what does that do? Give you a weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

J. Marston wrote: »
    No, what does that do? Give you a weapon?

Yep. If you see a boss with a tail you can most likely cut the tail off for a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

in the room with the first mimic you meet. he walks in, "this game doesnt just give you a room with a chest and no enemies" then the chest eats him.
    Dark souls
    beautiful.

I've been watching that actually, seen us as far as when he kills Havel, such sweet revenge! It's actually really enjoyable and makes me wanna start playing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I've been watching that actually, seen us as far as when he kills Havel, such sweet revenge! It's actually really enjoyable and makes me wanna start playing again!

Started watching him too. Slightly annoying but I really like his check everything cautious playstyle.

One thing I've noticed from him and others is comments about being given no direction in the game when in fact, if you speak to the crestfallen warrior enough, he tells you just about everything. Where to go, how to get humanity, even how to return to the asylum. So there is direction just not laid out on a platter for you.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Started watching him too. Slightly annoying but I really like his check everything cautious playstyle.

One thing I've noticed from him and others is comments about being given no direction in the game when in fact, if you speak to the crestfallen warrior enough, he tells you just about everything. Where to go, how to get humanity, even how to return to the asylum. So there is direction just not laid out on a platter for you.

Yeah first time I made it to firelink i kept at him and he more or less told me which way to go. It's funny, eventually he kind of gets annoyed with you.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah first time I made it to firelink i kept at him and he more or less told me which way to go. It's funny, eventually he kind of gets annoyed with you.

Yep, that's when you give him the ol' "well! what is it?".

jesus, im just listening to a youtube clip of his dialogue. 9 minutes long! he pretty much explains everything.. hint after hint after hint.. would have made everything so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Some serious highs and lows in this game.
    Beat the Capra demon on my third attempt, that's good.
    Cursed almost immediately after, that's bad.
    Beat the Gaping Dragon while cursed, that's good.
    Something bad is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some serious highs and lows in this game.
    Beat the Capra demon on my third attempt, that's good.
    Cursed almost immediately after, that's bad.
    Beat the Gaping Dragon while cursed, that's good.
    Something bad is going to happen.

Worst area of the game ahead ..... Blightown :D

Not because it's that bad, but because of the lag and stuttering frame rate in parts of it, drove me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Have started another character after a long absence (this will be my 6th playthrough). Everytime I see something new on YouTube I get sucked back in! Decided to go for a DEX build having never done one properly before.

After 3 hours play (which includes 30mins green titanite farming) I'm parked outside of Queelag at SL25 with a Fire Uchi, Havel's ring and a +3 Estus Flask ready to ring the second bell.

Its crazy how you can plough through the game when you know the shortcuts etc.

• Advertisement

I should really stop watching the Youtube videos, I'm like an addict

Blighttown, what a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

A bit of advice needed - I am on NG+ at level 126, should I bothering to keep levelling up i.e. will it stop me being summoned (just beat 4 kings on my own without too much difficulty) and it will stop better players invading?

Icaras wrote: »
    A bit of advice needed - I am on NG+ at level 126, should I bothering to keep levelling up i.e. will it stop me being summoned (just beat 4 kings on my own without too much difficulty) and it will stop better players invading?

You wouldn't get much co-op if you keep levelling and you'd probably still be invaded a fair bit as Darkwraiths invade upwards in the level range.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

You wouldn't get much co-op if you keep levelling and you'd probably still be invaded a fair bit as Darkwraiths invade upwards in the level range.

Yea thats what I was thinking. Will just focus in getting better weapons so.

I've got the Souls of the Moonlight Butterfly, Quelaag and Sif in my inventory. What should I do with them?

Also, is there anywhere I can sell all my junk weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

You can sell stuff to Framp but I wouldn't really recommend it in most cases.

Boss souls can ascend weapons!

You can use those souls to upgrade weapons to unique weapons. Quelaag's in particular turns a +10 curved sword into a fantastic Dex sword.

As for selling stuff, there's not really anywhere to do it. One thing you should definitely do is buy the bottomless box and use that for inventory management. I'd never bought it before, but got it on this playthrough and it makes things much easier. Really easy to just transfer stuff into it, and makes finding items in your inventory much easier.

Kiith wrote: »
    You can use those souls to upgrade weapons to unique weapons. Quelaag's in particular turns a +10 curved sword into a fantastic Dex sword.

As for selling stuff, there's not really anywhere to do it. One thing you should definitely do is buy the bottomless box and use that for inventory management. I'd never bought it before, but got it on this playthrough and it makes things much easier. Really easy to just transfer stuff into it, and makes finding items in your inventory much easier.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But can't you put queelags soul into a katana and make that sword that lays waste to everything?
    Even you...

• Advertisement

curved sword makes the furysword and the katana makes the chaos blade

never liked the chaos blade as it scaled with humanity (so if I died twice, ow...) and it ate myown health. bugger that

Advertisement