Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

curved sword makes the furysword and the katana makes the chaos blade

never liked the chaos blade as it scaled with humanity (so if I died twice, ow...) and it ate myown health. bugger that

Is right,

I remember stacking 20 Humanity and then getting double splatted by a Titanite Demon.... Went back to my lightning Halberd soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've got the Souls of the Moonlight Butterfly, Quelaag and Sif in my inventory. What should I do with them?7

Also, is there anywhere I can sell all my junk weapons?

You can sell all your junk to Frampt and he gives you souls, selling him the moonlight butterfly soul gives you 8000 in return, instead of 1200 you get from using it yourself. The other two can make great weapons - Id hold on to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

LOL+Dark+Souls_3920bd_4649372.jpg

Yup this is how it went down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

been looking to play this . Demon's souls only got about 50% through, that was the hardest game ever the amount of grinding needed to get anywhere. Is this any better ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you dont need to do much grinding

you'll be doing a little alright to grab a couple of souls here or there to afford an upgrade but not all that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

trellheim wrote: »
    been looking to play this . Demon's souls only got about 50% through, that was the hardest game ever the amount of grinding needed to get anywhere. Is this any better ?

Demons Souls was way more grindy, especially to upgrade weapons. Dark Souls improves on it in pretty much every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blighttown, what a hole.

Indeed, it wouldn't have been so bad if the framerate wasn't so horrendous in it. One of those chore areas but there's some good stuff down there, the Power Within spell is brilliant and there's tons of titantite if you know where to look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

penev10 wrote: »
    Demons Souls was way more grindy, especially to upgrade weapons. Dark Souls improves on it in pretty much every aspect.

This is true, but do not neglect to research on how to do a proper character build. Your gear is a little more important earlier on while your stats take a little while to make any game-changing difference (what class you pick makes the biggest difference early on in terms of char stats) Low level PvP is all about the weapons and armour - but both your character stats and weapon/armour stats relate to each other so much more than in DeS, make them compliment each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Blighttown isn't so bad if you have the Rusty Iron ring. Makes getting around much easier.

Doesn't help with the framerate unfortunately.

Kiith wrote: »
    Blighttown isn't so bad if you have the Rusty Iron ring. Makes getting around much easier.

Doesn't help with the framerate unfortunately.

Once your're down in the swamp part it's grand, you can dodge nearly everything, it's the upper levels are a pain. with decent poison resist and the ring it's easy enough to get around. it'd be one of the areas I go to early just to get it out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yup, worst thing about blight town was the frame rate, so much better and less of a chore on PC thankful.

Yeah, and those bloody toxic dart guys. Thank christ they don't respawn.

Yeah, and those bloody toxic dart guys. Thank christ they don't respawn.

Oh those fcukers, and whats worse is the layout is so confusing at first you've no idea what's shooting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

had a proper fvck up last night with my faith/dex build. Went down to the Tomb of the Giants to save Reah and buy some good miracles and when I was disposing of the last of her guards I didn't notice I had backed up beside her and clipped her:mad::mad::mad: first time it's happened to me. I was looking forward to the wrath of the gods miracle because as I posted previously I've been a bit bored with this build...think I'll just give up on it now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GK1001 wrote: »
    had a proper fvck up last night with my faith/dex build. Went down to the Tomb of the Giants to save Reah and buy some good miracles and when I was disposing of the last of her guards I didn't notice I had backed up beside her and clipped her:mad::mad::mad: first time it's happened to me. I was looking forward to the wrath of the gods miracle because as I posted previously I've been a bit bored with this build...think I'll just give up on it now:(

Oh wait did you actually kill her??? I did the same with those long cactus kind of things in the pit with her, and she took the hump with me and wouldn't talk or interact with me, I think I went and had my sins absolved or something but came back a while later and was able to talk to her. I recall posting in this very thread about it if you have a look.

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh wait did you actually kill her??? I did the same with those long cactus kind of things in the pit with her, and she took the hump with me and wouldn't talk or interact with me, I think I went and had my sins absolved or something but came back a while later and was able to talk to her. I recall posting in this very thread about it if you have a look.
    Well she was attacking me so what I did was run away like any self respecting hollow would, then did a quit/reload, hoping that she would have calmed down and allowed me to interact...however after I reloaded she was still being unreasonable (sounds familiar...) so I had to quieten her:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GK1001 wrote: »
    Well she was attacking me so what I did was run away like any self respecting hollow would, then did a quit/reload, hoping that she would have calmed down and allowed me to interact...however after I reloaded she was still being unreasonable (sounds familiar...) so I had to quieten her:(

You could have gone to Oswald of Carim and removed your sin, she would've stopped being hostile then.

You could have gone to Oswald of Carim and removed your sin, she would've stopped being hostile then.
    clay-davis-sheeeiiiit.jpg?w=175&h=300

5 hours into my DEX build and am at SL35 at Sens. Have a Fire Uchi +5 but I reckon the damage output will be lacking by the time I reach Anor Londo so I've built a +10 Great Scythe. It's quite cool but I'm thinking I'll need a good bit of poise to get away with it.

Would the Wolf ring suffice or will I have to go down the route of heavy armour do you think? Really want to keep at <25% equip load but the Great Scythe isn't fitting in with my idea of a DEX build at the moment. This hasn't been an issue before because my magic builds were always <25% and my STR builds were fine at <50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm level 51 now, not focusing on any magic whatsoever, purely melee. Only putting points into vitality, endurance and dexterity. Put a few in strength too.

Got a 10+ Uchigatana that slices through nearly every enemy (except bosses) in one or a few hits. Must upgrade it to a fire-Uchi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

penev10 wrote: »
    5 hours into my DEX build and am at SL35 at Sens. Have a Fire Uchi +5 but I reckon the damage output will be lacking by the time I reach Anor Londo so I've built a +10 Great Scythe. It's quite cool but I'm thinking I'll need a good bit of poise to get away with it.

Would the Wolf ring suffice or will I have to go down the route of heavy armour do you think? Really want to keep at <25% equip load but the Great Scythe isn't fitting in with my idea of a DEX build at the moment. This hasn't been an issue before because my magic builds were always <25% and my STR builds were fine at <50%.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/poise

40 poise seems to be good for a hit or two from most weapons from great swords down as long as they are 1 handed light attacks.
    (

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/poise

40 poise seems to be good for a hit or two from most weapons from great swords down as long as they are 1 handed light attacks.
    (
    Didn't realise they had done some research into poise, cheers for that.

Looks like the Wolf Ring will do the job so.

I'm level 51 now, not focusing on any magic whatsoever, purely melee. Only putting points into vitality, endurance and dexterity. Put a few in strength too.

Got a 10+ Uchigatana that slices through nearly every enemy (except bosses) in one or a few hits. Must upgrade it to a fire-Uchi!

Tellin ya, Zweihander at +10 and above demolishes all. Long as you have something to get your stamina back quickly, either the Grass Crest Shield or Cloranthy ring you can two hand it and the big overhead swing kills nearly everything in one hit. Black Knights and Taurus Demons? pfffft c'mon you pussies. The Uchi is a brilliant sword though if you want to keep things fast.

I dunno. I found the Great Scyth to be much better than the Zweihander. Prefered the moveset, and it absolutely destroyed anyone i went up against.

Plus, it's a Scythe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still have to back my lightning halberd.

Shield up and poky poky.

I dunno. I found the Great Scyth to be much better than the Zweihander. Prefered the moveset, and it absolutely destroyed anyone i went up against.

Plus, it's a Scythe.

Never got the scythe, will go for all different weapons on my next melee playthrough, I did quite like the great club for the brief time I used it, that rolling attack is cool. The crystal halberd is a beastly weapon too but it breaks after about two dozen hits on big enemies so it's worth just saving it for bosses.

i get sad sometimes that there's whole avenues to this game ill probably never explore as I just can't bring myself to break away from the BSS..or if I don't get one to drop the uchi/iato/longsword

bog standard old longsword is actually a ****ing great sword

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some absolute cúnts play this.

In the big hall, before the Smough and Ornstein fight. I have only two humanities left after dying to Smough and Ornstein once already, I've used one so I can summon Solaire. I kill the giant knights then a prick invades and kills me. Back to bonfire, use last humanity to reverse hollowing. Same shít happens again in the big hall.

So now I have to fight Smough and Ornstein on my own, which I haven't a hope of winning, because two **** get their jollys from killing randomers.

Fúck this game.

Some absolute cúnts play this.

In the big hall, before the Smough and Ornstein fight. I have only two humanities left after dying to Smough and Ornstein once already, I've used one so I can summon Solaire. I kill the giant knights then a prick invades and kills me. Back to bonfire, use last humanity to reverse hollowing. Same shít happens again in the big hall.

So now I have to fight Smough and Ornstein on my own, which I haven't a hope of winning, because two **** get their jollys from killing randomers.

Fúck this game.

Play it offline, you can still go human and summon NPCs just not other players, can't be invaded either. Keep at it as O&S is an epic boss fight and you're about to be able to warp between bonfires taking a lot of the slogging back and forth out of it.

• Advertisement

you can always head back to anor londo and then back to undead parish to do a bit of humanity farming around the place

if you
    rest at the bonfire under the dragon you can farm the 3 rats under the bridge for humanity

there might be better areas but thats the first that came to mind

and it's not really that much of a distance from where you are either, 5 minutes will get you there

Advertisement