Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    No, the one after the first building. It allows to skip that building and brings to the walkway with ghosts underneath. Up the stairs in front of first building, just walk off the edge to the right then climb the ladder which you should have kicked down.

Ah ok, that first building is a deathtrap, as is the one later with about a dozen ghosts in it where you have to climb up the fireplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    Ah ok, that first building is a deathtrap, as is the one later with about a dozen ghosts in it where you have to climb up the fireplace.

Yeah, I probably died more in new Londo than anywhere else on my first run through. Or maybe the burg/parish. Those three areas have most of my deaths.

I made the Undead burg to Lower shortcut jump on my first attempt last night, great success, shortly spoiled by dogs and ninja hollows :/

with falling, is it less armour equals less falling damage? you'd think it'd be the other way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

That's handy. A similar thing I just learned was how to use the first ladder shortcut in new londo from watching the squiiddish playthrough posted recently. I have hundreds of hours in this game and always thought that ladder was useless.

me too

i watched that video and my jaw just dropped

Yeah, I probably died more in new Londo than anywhere else on my first run through. Or maybe the burg/parish. Those three areas have most of my deaths.

I'd love to know how many times I died altogether, if there's one thing I'd like to see it'd be a final stat of what you did and the option to fight bosses again without having to replay the full game. I'd keep fighting Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings just for the music.

• Advertisement

I'd love to know how many times I died altogether, if there's one thing I'd like to see it'd be a final stat of what you did and the option to fight bosses again without having to replay the full game. I'd keep fighting Ornstein & Smough and the Four Kings just for the music.

Final Stats would be great, highest damage dealt, most enemies killed, time spent in an area, boss attempts, controllers thrown. Stuff like that.

I made the Undead burg to Lower shortcut jump on my first attempt last night

whats this?

Final Stats would be great, highest damage dealt, most enemies killed, time spent in an area, boss attempts, controllers thrown. Stuff like that.

Yeah, be cool to know how your various builds fare. Could also add:

How many of particular enemies killed.
    Souls wasted by rolling off a cliff on the way back to collect them.
    Times died in Blightown by thinking a platform was solid and plummeting down the side as it's too slanty to walk on.
    NPCs accidentally attacked (sorry Patches!)
    About turns made upon seeing a new enemy :pac:

stuff like that.

whats this?

You know where the merchant in Undead Burg is? the one you get the Uchi off of, there's a path near him that brings you to a few hollows and a ladder up to a roof, if you stand near the ladder and roll you land on a little platform, run towards the wall to build up speed then jump off and roll when you hit the fence and you land down in Lower Burg where the dogs are. you can skip the Taurus Demon altogether and unlock the shortcut and save the sorcerer guy really early.

me too

i watched that video and my jaw just dropped

I know right, did you watch the full play through? I enjoyed his angry Ray Romano like blabbering. It was hilarious when he switched to the uchi too.

• Advertisement

hehe yeah ninja squiddish

he always sounded so excited when he met solaire
    and then the end, could hear the betrayal in his voice when he had to fight solaire. really dont think he was faking it. got me in the feels

There's some mental shortcuts in the game in fairness, I was watching one where a guy was doing a speedrun and in Anor Londo where the big lift brings you down to where you have to run up the thin platform to get in the broken window.
    He dove off the lift way before it if got near the ground, rolled, jumped and landed right on the thin platform up, and he hadn't been near a bonfire in ages at that point, balls of steel I tell ya. The Blighttown one is cool too I can never time it right though and splat into the swamp.

hehe yeah ninja squiddish

he always sounded so excited when he met solaire
    and then the end, could hear the betrayal in his voice when he had to fight solaire. really dont think he was faking it. got me in the feels

The music and flashbacks got me :p

Is pewdiepie still playing? he's ok in small doses and some of the lines he comes out with are pretty funny, the look of determination on his face fighting the Capra Demon for the umpteenth time then finally beating it was brilliant, we've all been there :D

There's some mental shortcuts in the game in fairness, I was watching one where a guy was doing a speedrun and in Anor Londo where the big lift brings you down to where you have to run up the thin platform to get in the broken window.
    He dove off the lift way before it if got near the ground, rolled, jumped and landed right on the thin platform up, and he hadn't been near a bonfire in ages at that point, balls of steel I tell ya. The Blighttown one is cool too I can never time it right though and splat into the swamp.

You got to give it to speedrunners, they know the game inside out. First time I seen the dukes archive elevator jump was pretty cool. Skips the first seath battle and prison tower.

You got to give it to speedrunners, they know the game inside out. First time I seen the dukes archive elevator jump was pretty cool. Skips the first seath battle and prison tower.

Definitely, like I can zip through a few early areas not a bother now but these guys can do crazy stuff, or the no bonfire/healing ones, good christ. Same with bosses, know the animations down to the frame, you'd see some and be sure they've been killed but they're just standing or rolling in the exact position to avoid everything, I saw a guy kill Ornstein and Smough with a shield, a shield!

Is pewdiepie still playing? he's ok in small doses and some of the lines he comes out with are pretty funny, the look of determination on his face fighting the Capra Demon for the umpteenth time then finally beating it was brilliant, we've all been there :D

Not sure, after starting the squiiddish play I wasn't bothered checking. He got on my nerves in blightown. Granted, I'm not his target audience so I forgive that.

Not sure, after starting the squiiddish play I wasn't bothered checking. He got on my nerves in blightown. Granted, I'm not his target audience so I forgive that.

I can't get over the amount of views he gets per video, must be raking it in off youtube. Had never heard of him until he was mentioned on here.

I can't get over the amount of views he gets per video, .

sometimes you just have to admit that the nazis had a point

sometimes you just have to admit that the nazis had a point

Whatever you think of him, the guys a genius. Knows exactly who watches him and how to milk every bit of it. Fair play to him.

• Advertisement

Whatever you think of him, the guys a genius. Knows exactly who watches him and how to milk every bit of it. Fair play to him.

And he's probably making a ton of money from doing nothing but playing games and making jokes at the screen, wish I was doing that lol

And he's probably making a ton of money from doing nothing but playing games and making jokes at the screen, wish I was doing that lol

Not sure how accurate this is but...
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

On topic-Anyone found any vagrants in their game?

Not sure how accurate this is but...
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

On topic-Anyone found any vagrants in their game?

:eek:

That is ridiculous money

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Tomb of Giants is just crap game design. Basically blinding the player and putting drops all over the place is bullshít.

50k souls pissed away because of blind drops.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Tomb of Giants is just crap game design. Basically blinding the player and putting drops all over the place is bullshít.

Did you get the skull lantern?

J. Marston wrote: »

gowl of an area, you can get a lantern for down there and if you rescued the npc in the lake near the Hydra you can get a spell that lights up the place a bit better. the tomb isnt even all that big it's just annoying, you can get through it fairly quick if you know where not to run. there's a good bossfight down there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

gowl of an area, you can get a lantern for down there and if you rescued the npc in the lake near the Hydra you can get a spell that lights up the place a bit better. the tomb isnt even all that big it's just annoying, you can get through it fairly quick if you know where not to run. there's a good bossfight down there too.

Or the sunlight maggot, you wear it as a hat

Icaras wrote: »
    Or the sunlight maggot, you wear it as a hat

This game never stops being entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I liked the tomb of giants :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just bossed my way through Sens Fortress. Only cried twice.

In Anor Londo now and I'm really nervous about O&S.

Advertisement