Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just bossed my way through Sens Fortress. Only cried twice.

In Anor Londo now and I'm really nervous about O&S.

Best boss fight in the game (haven't played the DLC), it's probably the highlight of it tbh, you still have a bit to go if you just arrived Anor Londo is a fairly big area and there's some optional side quests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

loved in squiddish's lets play when he's in the tomb of giants, cursing and blinding over how dark it is then he finds the lamp

the lets play just pauses for a minute, he puts a techno song on and just repeats him shouting LAMP LAMP LAMP all excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O49GoDJ417A

11m17s

wow, I remembered that all wrong
    i wasn't even high

spoilers obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

loved in squiddish's lets play when he's in the tomb of giants, cursing and blinding over how dark it is then he finds the lamp

the lets play just pauses for a minute, he puts a techno song on and just repeats him shouting LAMP LAMP LAMP all excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O49GoDJ417A

11m17s

wow, I remembered that all wrong
    i wasn't even high

spoilers obviously

The Lautrec reveal was amazing. Definitely one of the best parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, I'm beat.

Nito, fúck that.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, I'm beat.

Nito, fúck that.

I didn't find him that hard, just take out the skeletons early with a divine weapon to stop them respawning and wade into him with everything you've got , run when he does that big magic attack. use the pillar to keep distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The bonfire in Sen's Fortress is ridiculous, there's no way you would know it was there unless you were told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You'd probably find it eventually if it wasn't for the fact there's a giant throwing massive firebombs at you! I found it through messages though if you're playing offline you'd have a job finding it

I just made it through Sens earlier today, didn't even have to touch the boss, Tarkus took him down by himself barely breaking sweat, shame he's not around for any of the other bosses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Harps wrote: »
    I just made it through Sens earlier today, didn't even have to touch the boss, Tarkus took him down by himself barely breaking sweat, shame he's not around for any of the other bosses!

Where do you summon him?

Where do you summon him?

There's a tower near where you fight the boss, his armour is brilliant too if you want to tank up, got me through a few scrapes later on

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    There's a tower near where you fight the boss, his armour is brilliant too if you want to tank up, got me through a few scrapes later on

Damn missed him, is that the armor you get in the church place when you get to Anor Londo?

Damn missed him, is that the armor you get in the church place when you get to Anor Londo?

Mmm I think it's where the painting guardians are yeah if I remember right, just down beside the huge painting that brings you into the side quest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just started a new character again...not sure why as i've not finished my current strength playthrough, but i want to play a heavy dex character again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So I'm in AOTA and it just takes forever to kill the stone guardians with the +10 Uch.

Should I just avoid them and move on. Or should I change the Uch to lightning?

Kiith wrote: »
    I just started a new character again...not sure why as i've not finished my current strength playthrough, but i want to play a heavy dex character again.

I'm jumping between three characters at the moment and sometimes go back to a couple older ones for some pvp.
    So I'm in AOTA and it just takes forever to kill the stone guardians with the +10 Uch.

They have a high resistance to slash/thrust weapons and fire/lightning. Probably best to avoid them or just keep whittling them down slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Playing through this at the moment - Im avoiding them.
    There is a short cut
    if when you cross the bridge stay right and do a big loop all around the area, slide down the bank to the bridge, no one attacks you (normally)

Some really tough bosses in the area too.

Does anyine know is there many people using the PvP area? I tried to use it last night but couldnt get any games?

Icaras wrote: »

Does anyine know is there many people using the PvP area? I tried to use it last night but couldnt get any games?

Not really, it's used more for organised fights than random ones. Current pvp hotspots are The Burg and Township I believe. And the forest but you might not want to go down that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I spent half an hour waitig in the place the first time I played it and didnt get a single fight, never bothered with it again after that..

The Stone Guardians are one of the toughest enemies in the game, avoid where possible but its well worth exploring the woods as you can find their armour set which is one of the best in the game

they're a really fun enemy to fight though, gotta dart in and out.. always the temptation to get another hit in.. maybe I can get out in time before he twats me in the face

I went into Blightown last night with my sorcerer build, got through to queelag not a bother and managed to summon another player at the bonfire and the Maneater chick, destroyed her in seconds, gonna do a lot more summoning/being summoned this playthrough.

• Advertisement

zavvi.com have the Prepare To Die edition on sale if anyone's interested: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition/10632480.html?vwo_ppr=a

They have a nifty steelbook version of it too I'm sorry I never bought, if I'd known I'd enjoy the game so much I would have.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mmm I think it's where the painting guardians are yeah if I remember right, just down beside the huge painting that brings you into the side quest

Is it not havel's set that's there?

havels set is
    in the big mansion where orstein and smough are. you walk into a fireplace and into a dark room

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it not havel's set that's there?

That's the black set. Havels gear is in the basement of the cathedral.

havels set is
    in the big mansion where orstein and smough are. you walk into a fireplace and into a dark room

Tis indeed, and a stupid
    chest mimic
    if I remember right.

Anyone remember where the slumbering dragoncrest ring is? I liked having that on can't remember where I got it though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Forgot to mention Pinwheel yesterday. What a crap boss, beat him in about 20-30 seconds.

Tis indeed, and a stupid
    chest mimic
    if I remember right.

Anyone remember where the slumbering dragoncrest ring is? I liked having that on can't remember where I got it though

It's in sens, exactly where I can't recall.

Tis indeed, and a stupid
    chest mimic
    if I remember right.

I'm on the phone so I've no spoiler button. But it's in Sens Fortress

Tis indeed, and a stupid
    chest mimic
    if I remember right.

i think I got mine from
    killing griggs of wherever the ****? the sorcerer ponce in the black robes

where it actually is meant to be though i dont really remember... quite late on i think

--edit

oh yeah sens
    you know the first time you see the rolling boulder?
    with the ramp up to the room with the controls for it? drop onto the platform with the snake lightning ****er and it's somewhere from there, not sure which path or how far but that's the way anyway

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Forgot to mention Pinwheel yesterday. What a crap boss, beat him in about 20-30 seconds.

He is easy if you go in late in the game, the catacombs is an odd area, is ridiculously hard if you're a new player and don't have a divine weapon, yet you can breeze through it later. There's a great shortcut you can take that skips most of it. Pinwheel's backstory gave me the sads :( It's well worth watching the lore videos on youtube when you finish it, the amount of backstory that isn't very obvious is crazy.

Advertisement