Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Icaras wrote: »
    I used the crystal halberd and green crest shield, only hit/cured after his sliding or jump attacks, you need to dodge the majority of his attacks or youll be in big trouble. Was an epic 15/20min battle.
    When he goes to power up you either need to stumble him by dealing about 500 damage or avoid him like crazy until it wears off.

the crystal halberd is a phenomenal weapon, one shots so many enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

The Zweihander is just a pup compared to the great hammers/axes a strength build can use. Great for early game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It feels so weird, on my 1st playthrough I was pure dex, almost feels wrong to be lugging this massive yoke around!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It feels so weird, on my 1st playthrough I was pure dex, almost feels wrong to be lugging this massive yoke around!

ive been staring at the char creation screen for 5 minutes wondering if this is the time I go for a non-dex build

it just feels so wrong being that slow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm here running around like a headless chicken swinging wildly with the Zwei, really not sure if I like it...may go for an Intelligence of Faith build instead.

• Advertisement

ive been staring at the char creation screen for 5 minutes wondering if this is the time I go for a non-dex build

it just feels so wrong being that slow

Think of the power!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Really enjoying my Great Scythe. Excellent range, good moveset (particularly 2H) and A scaling at +15. Drains stamina very slowly also.

Should be hitting the DLC soon and plan on giving the tracers a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When did you guys start the DLC? I've done the painted world and that was grand.

AOTA is mofo tough. But I think I'm fighting Artorious wrong. Didn't realise the he powers up when he screams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Vicxas wrote: »
    When did you guys start the DLC? I've done the painted world and that was grand.

AOTA is mofo tough. But I think I'm fighting Artorious wrong. Didn't realise the he powers up when he screams.

There was a recommended Soul Level to be at for the DLC wasn't there? I'm sure people were saying that SL50 was the average as I recall doing a SL 50 Sorcerer when it came out and feeling disappointingly overpowered (except for Manus obviously)

got invaded, with new char at undead burg bonfire. won, then got cocky and got sandwhiched on the bridge between hollow warriors and the ****ers up above firing firebombs

going human all the time is going to be costly

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    There was a recommended Soul Level to be at for the DLC wasn't there? I'm sure people were saying that SL50 was the average as I recall doing a SL 50 Sorcerer when it came out and feeling disappointingly overpowered (except for Manus obviously)

I was just wondering if people went before The Lord souls, or between the lords.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I don't think its every time he scream (open to correction here), I think its when he rolls away from you, kind of casts a spell and a fog comes up around him. He also has more "abyss" coming off him for a minute or two - thats when he is more powerful. I think he can also power up on top of his power up but not sure.

Sorry if the above doesn't make sense - I cant think of a better way of describing it.

The way I beat him is a little back in the thread but spoilered so not to ruin it for anyone - its not a simple guaranteed win but worked for me.

Just done 1800 damage to a titanite demon one shotting it. I'm level 42. Strength builds are fun.

havel is a pain in the tits without fast roll

havel is a pain in the tits without fast roll

What annoys me more is when he stalls and then slams the dragon tooth down.

Caught so many times off guard.

I'm here running around like a headless chicken swinging wildly with the Zwei, really not sure if I like it...may go for an Intelligence of Faith build instead.

Two hand it and heavy attack, it's a big overhead swing that knocks most enemies off their feet, those snakemen things in Sen's go down in 1-2 shots with it. Once you get the timing down it's great.

I think I might start a strenght build myself, kinda finding the sorceror one boring, put all my souls into intelligence so I have sod all vitality and everything is killing me in a few hits

enjoying the claymore but im pissed off that both it and the zwei seem to require points in both dex and strength

am I right in thinking that any pure strength weapon is going to be a club or a hammer/axe, all swords require dex?

gona make the scaling a bit ****

What are people's usual starting routines? Once I get to Firelink I usually go straight to the New Londo ruins, grab the firekeeper soul, homeward bone back to the shrine, then head to Valley of the Drakes for the Spider Shield and Red Tearstone Ring. Then into the graveyard for what's in there and then head off to Undead Burg.

enjoying the claymore but im pissed off that both it and the zwei seem to require points in both dex and strength

am I right in thinking that any pure strength weapon is going to be a club or a hammer/axe, all swords require dex?

gona make the scaling a bit ****

Yup pretty much. Great club is pretty versatile for what it is.

That's it.

Artorious can eat a phalic shaped object.

Easily one of the hardest fights in the game.

• Advertisement

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Yup pretty much. Great club is pretty versatile for what it is.

The rolling attack is the bloody job with the Great Club

krudler wrote: »
    What are people's usual starting routines? Once I get to Firelink I usually go straight to the New Londo ruins, grab the firekeeper soul, homeward bone back to the shrine, then head to Valley of the Drakes for the Spider Shield and Red Tearstone Ring. Then into the graveyard for what's in there and then head off to Undead Burg.

Now when I've started new builds I usually rush to get the lord vessel so burg, parish, quelaag, sens, anor. Then just mess about getting souls and co-oping bosses till I get bored and move on.

If I'm short souls I'd do the depths and asylum before anor.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Now when I've started new builds I usually rush to get the lord vessel so burg, parish, quelaag, sens, anor. Then just mess about getting souls and co-oping bosses till I get bored and move on.

If I'm short souls I'd do the depths and asylum before anor.

It's funny how areas that seemed so utterly daunting are now a formality when starting over. I nearly shat a brick the first time the "dead" dragon woke up in the Valley :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tempted to try playing with no shield on this dex build. Will probably fail miserably though :pac:
    That's it.

Artorious can eat a phalic shaped object.

Easily one of the hardest fights in the game.

I've managed to beat him twice in the last few days, but it was bloody tough. Most of his moves are pretty easy to read, but sometimes he just spams his jump attack and ruins me. It's very much a 'hit and withdraw' type fight, and you need lots of patience (plus 20+ flasks).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just got to Anor Londo (I bought this game on release date)

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just got to Anor Londo (I bought this game on release date)

Welcome to the party. Grab your Ornstein and Smough hats and have some fun with the silver knight archers.

You'll be here a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Welcome to the party. Grab your Ornstein and Smough hats and have some fun with the silver knight archers.

You'll be here a while.

Beat them tonight, I'd say it took at least 25 attempts, no humanity so i couldn't summon anyone to help, hardest boss battle I've had yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Beat them tonight, I'd say it took at least 25 attempts, no humanity so i couldn't summon anyone to help, hardest boss battle I've had yet.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

But doesn't it feel sooo ****ing good :D

I started a strenght build, oh my this is fun, have the Zweihander one handed already. Will go for something like the Dragon King Greataxe or something, have enough dex for the Uchi as well if I need to go lighter for faster enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They are the hardest boss fight in the game imo. Yeah, with the right build you can steamroll them (slaughtered them with my magic characters, but thats no surprise), but for melee it's bloody tough.

Especially so if you want Ornsteins armour (which is brilliant btw).

Advertisement