Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been reading this thread too long not to say this at this point

Only 100+ sleeps till dark souls 2 !!!!! :mad: Prepare to die again and .... wait to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

krudler wrote: »
    But doesn't it feel sooo ****ing good :D

I started a strenght build, oh my this is fun, have the Zweihander one handed already. Will go for something like the Dragon King Greataxe or something, have enough dex for the Uchi as well if I need to go lighter for faster enemies.

It was pretty satisfying to finally get there after so many attempts alright, the secret to success was to kill the smaller guy first then put a pillar between myself and the fat guy, pity I didn't think of it sooner so many souls lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    Been reading this thread too long not to say this at this point

Only 100+ sleeps till dark souls 2 !!!!! :mad: Prepare to die again and .... wait to do so

Can't wait, gonna be cool being in at the ground level with everyone else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, it's definitely my most anticipated game for 2014. Can't wait to nearly smash many a joypad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any tips to avoid being cursed by Seath? Nearly had him beat but my curse bar just reached the top when I was two or three slashes away from killing him.

Had to backtrack then to buy a purging stone which was a pain.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, it's definitely my most anticipated game for 2014. Can't wait to nearly smash many a joypad :P

Dunno whether to splash on the collector's one or just the Black Armour one, the cover is lovely

10856405-1379679345-168174.jpg

I'll probably get the Black Armour edition, but I'm not sure if i want to get it on March 11th on the PS3, or wait a few weeks and get it on the pc. Just worried that there might be another Blightown, which was less laggy on the pc from what i remember.

Cover art looks brilliant btw.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any tips to avoid being cursed by Seath? Nearly had him beat but my curse bar just reached the top when I was two or three slashes away from killing him.

if I remember rightly just keep circling so you stay behind him. Just watch out for the tail attacks (also cut his tail off for a weapon).

Started Demon's Souls tonight, just beat the tower knight there, finding it reasonably easy so far. Picked the royal class, leveling magic and dexterity mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Wear Cursebite ring (found in New Londo ruins if you've explored there). Wear high curse resist armor (Crimson Armor or even one or two bits of the Antique Set)

Also do you have Pyromancy? If so what level is the Pyro Flame? Seath is quite susceptible to fire and will go down easy with Combustions or Fireballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am constantly here monitoring peoples posts and reading through new and old players discussions and experiences playing dark souls. Make me wish march was here sooner for dark souls.

Trying to fight of the urge to play dark souls again for the 4th time , my backlog is as big as it is , some games needs to get done :(

• Advertisement

If you have the Bloodshield, which is found in the Painted World, it reduces curse buildup as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

As mentioned above, the Bloodshield in the Painted World is pretty awesome. It raises your resistances by 50% each. If you wanna bump up your intrinsic resistance, then the Xanthous Crown or Mask of Velka also found in the Painted world, the Dingy set from when Knight Lautrec killed the firekeeper, the (incredible) Paladin Set from Gravelord Nito's chamber (must have defeated black phantom Leeroy on the way there), the Antiquated Set in Darkroot Basin after saving and summoning Dusk of Oolacile, or the Crimson Set in Blighttown. Summoning some help can make cutting his tail off much easier also!

I have the bloodshield, Paladin set and the dingy set. Think I might have the antiquated set too. Will try them out.

I thought I would just tank up with Havel's Armour and I would be okay but that didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Started playing this game yesterday. Havent a clue what to do or what each thing does (Humanity? Unhollow?? All the different armour/equip/character builds etc). I'm likeing it already though. Only about an hour or two in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Started playing this game yesterday. Havent a clue what to do or what each thing does (Humanity? Unhollow?? All the different armour/equip/character builds etc). I'm likeing it already though. Only about an hour or two in.

Humanity lets you do several things - mainly it can make you human (if you've become hollow/died) or it can "kindle" bonfires (increases the number of flasks you receive). Both of these options are available at every bonfire.

The advantage of being human is that it opens up online multiplayer. You can summon help via the white signs you see on the ground but you can also be invaded (or invade).

Level up your VIT and END at the beginning which will make you harder to kill. They are also the only stats that are needed for every build so you wont be ruling out anything early on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Nerdlingr wrote: »

talk to the chainmail wearing fella at firelink regularly enough. he's a goldmine of information

humanity lets you reverse hollowing, so you go human. when you're human you can summon other players and npcs to help, and you can be invaded. can't do either when you're hollow

you're going to be confused your first time anyway, it's just part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Scratched my disk last night picking up the xbox like a clown. Anyone know where/if I can get it cheaper than £15?

BTW going to pre order the Black armour version - looks like a great deal. The only thing ill miss from the limiter edition is the map which looks pretty awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Icaras wrote: »
    Scratched my disk last night picking up the xbox like a clown. Anyone know where/if I can get it cheaper than £15?

BTW going to pre order the Black armour version - looks like a great deal. The only thing ill miss from the limiter edition is the map which looks pretty awesome.

Is the game installed???? may still work, or if you know someone with the game install it from that disc and try and see will it load off your disc then. 2 weeks earlier and you could have got it on sale for a 5er from games on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

calex71 wrote: »
    Is the game installed???? may still work, or if you know someone with the game install it from that disc and try and see will it load off your disc then. 2 weeks earlier and you could have got it on sale for a 5er from games on demand

Nope didn't install it. Will try and borrow a copy - good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gave up on Artoriois for the minute. Got Ornsteins armour and I'm off to kill Seath. He'll feel my wrath.

• Advertisement

Is there any other way to kill the ghosts in the New Londo Ruins other than using Transient Curse?

Is there any other way to kill the ghosts in the New Londo Ruins other than using Transient Curse?

They drop the jagged ghost blade, that can be used on them.

Has anyone used the Estoc? Is it any good?

There is a dagger (Ghost Blade) that rarely drops from the female ghosts, and the Greatsword of Artorias but other than that, you'll need to use the Transient Curse.

Or get cursed yourself...which is usually a bad idea.

I think I have that ghost blade so I'll try that cheers.

Even with cursed weapons, the ghosts are a pain in the ass. At least when using the transient curse, you can block regularly (iirc).

Just watched some videos on the lore, I didn't know how deep and involved the story is, it's difficult to piece together while your playing what with all the dying and running away and the like.

I pumped my strength to 40, dex is 20, same as vitality. Forgot how much of a balls Sen's Super Funhouse is. Less of a chore knowing how the place works though. I summoned Black Iron Tarkus and he utterly demolished the Golem for me, I think I got one hit in lol
    Forgot to kill
    Lautrec before he killed the firekeeper
    , am in Anor Londo now so least have the 10 estus from there. I have a thingy to invade him but where do I use it?

krudler wrote: »
    Forgot to kill
    Lautrec before he killed the firekeeper
    , am in Anor Londo now so least have the 10 estus from there. I have a thingy to invade him but where do I use it?

Just before Ornstein and Smough, where the Silver Knight archer is. You should get a message saying...something about the item in your inventory. Can't remember exactly what it says, but just use the item and you'll invade. It's a tough fight, as his attacks go through your shield and he has help.

Also, you can't use your flasks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    Just before Ornstein and Smough, where the Silver Knight archer is. You should get a message saying...something about the item in your inventory. Can't remember exactly what it says, but just use the item and you'll invade. It's a tough fight, as his attacks go through your shield and he has help.

Also, you can't use your flasks :cool:

This. It's the black eye orb. And it should pop up on screen that it's vibrating.

Kill the silver knight archer and use it on top of the flight of stairs to avoid being smacked by the royal guard.
    Kill the Mage first when you're in there. And watch out for Lautrecs attacks as he can bypass your shield

• Advertisement

Nice little touch with Sif if you go through the DLC content and rescue him before you fight him as normal.

They are really subtle with the story and lore. Very well done, for those that want it.

Advertisement