Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kiith wrote: »
    Nice little touch with Sif if you go through the DLC content and rescue him before you fight him as normal.

They are really subtle with the story and lore. Very well done, for those that want it.
    yes and no. I'd gotten so angry with sif over how useless he was during the manus fight that his half arsed attempt at emotional blackmail did nothing to me and I stuck my BSS up his arse with glee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

yes and no. I'd gotten so angry with sif over how useless he was during the manus fight that his half arsed attempt at emotional blackmail did nothing to me and I stuck my BSS up his arse with glee
    Haha, he was completely useless in that fight. Definitely more of a liability.

Still though, seeing him limp around :(

I might have felt something if I hadn't spent hours having my head pounded against the wall while (1) trying to find the ****ing summon sign for sifin the first place and (2) coming to terms with how utterly useless he was while I still spent a lot of time dying trying to summon him

I just gitched through a wall while blocking, and lost 250k souls...

**** YOU DARK SOULS!!!

:(

Nevermind, apparently if you have the ring of sacrifice on and die while trying to recover your souls, the souls don't disappear. Didn't know that worked.

Carry on Dark Souls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was farming the three Balder knights near the bonfire in Sen's with a good few humanity on me and the covetous ring, not one sword, nada, got everything else bar a BSS, I really want one!

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I was farming the three Balder knights near the bonfire in Sen's with a good few humanity on me and the covetous ring, not one sword, nada, got everything else bar a BSS, I really want one!

my first game I got one unbelievably fast, didn't even know what a rare/awesome sword it was but ended up using it for the entire playthrough

next playthrough I tried and tried and tried and couldn't get one. playthrough after that, 20 minutes and I got one. it's very much a crapshoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It won't be much good if you're playing a strength build, it's a dex weapon and only really comes into its own when you've levelled it up and have high dex. If you're desperate for one the knights in the burg have always dropped one for me quickly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

In my near 400 hours of playing the game I have not once gotten the BSS. I even specifically tried farming it w/ 10+ soft humanity and Gold Covetous Ring for ages and still couldn't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Forgot to kill
    Lautrec before he killed the firekeeper
    , am in Anor Londo now so least have the 10 estus from there. I have a thingy to invade him but where do I use it?

You're better off letting that happen. You'll miss out on the Dingy Set if you do!

You're better off letting that happen. You'll miss out on the Dingy Set if you do!

I have that now, haven't used it yet does it do anything worthwhile? I'd prefer to skip the painted world as I found it a balls but I'll make a flame weapon and at least get the bloodshield, which was great.

Anyone recommend decent strenght weapons? I have the Zweihander at +5 as I haven't done the Depths yet so don't have the large ember to buff it more will get it after I get a bit further into Anor Londo but before O&S. I've been invaded twice since I'm spending a lot more time as human and it does make it fun, summoning helps a lot with boss fights.

What's the story with invading someone then having them have help by summoning themselves, am I just invading someone who already has their own summon with them or can you summon even while invaded? the pvp thing is a bit confusing

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's the story with invading someone then having them have help by summoning themselves, am I just invading someone who already has their own summon with them or can you summon even while invaded? the pvp thing is a bit confusing

Yeah you can summon when you're being invaded. Some people wait around with there friends waiting for people to invade them. I was in the blade of the darkmoon convenant and was constantly getting my ass kicked by a bunch of people farming darkmoons.

Similar stuff happens in the forest too, though you can get lucky there in that more than one of you can invade at once so you might have help.

Anyone recommend decent strenght weapons? I have the Zweihander at +5 as I haven't done the Depths yet so don't have the large ember to buff it more will get it after I get a bit further into Anor Londo but before O&S.

Demon Greataxe. I use it for PvP and it scales to 'S' when it's fully upgraded to +15. Maybe a little slow for a weapon but most of the best strength weapons are slow in attack speed.

Ok if I get the jist of the above it goes like this:
    - If you are being invaded, you can summon help who has a white soapstone down. Or you can be invaded if you already summoned help.
    - If you are the one invading, you cannot summon help. However another covenant may also invade the host's world but if they kill the host then you lose your reward. E.g In the Darkroot Garden where Forest Hunters and Darkwraiths can invade you.
    - If you have completed the boss in the area, you will not be invaded. Vice Versa with trying to invade someone.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you can summon when you're being invaded. Some people wait around with there friends waiting for people to invade them. I was in the blade of the darkmoon convenant and was constantly getting my ass kicked by a bunch of people farming darkmoons.

Similar stuff happens in the forest too, though you can get lucky there in that more than one of you can invade at once so you might have help.

Ah ok, that makes sense, I invaded a guy in the New Londo Ruins and next thing another player with a gold aura arrives and the two of them slapped the crap out of me, lesson learned lol

The Dingy Set offers some really weight-efficient defenses for fast-roll builds, particularly the Dingy Robe. No clue on strength weapons, the highest I've raised my strength is enough to one-hand an Obsidian Greatsword on my faith build.

Ok if I get the jist of the above it goes like this:
    - If you are being invaded, you can summon help who has a white soapstone down. Or you can be invaded if you already summoned help.
    - If you are the one invading, you cannot summon help. However another covenant may also invade the host's world but if they kill the host then you lose your reward. E.g In the Darkroot Garden where Forest Hunters and Darkwraiths can invade you.
    - If you have completed the boss in the area, you will not be invaded. Vice Versa with trying to invade someone.

I kinda wrote that post arseways lol so you can be invaded even while invading? so who are you supposed to kill? everyone? Like say I invade someone in the forest, then their game is invaded by another covenant, is it a free for all?

I can see myself in for some annoying pvp around Ornstein and Smough, I only ever fought them human twice and there was a ton of summon signs outside their area, isn't that a hotbed invasion area?

I kinda wrote that post arseways lol so you can be invaded even while invading? so who are you supposed to kill? everyone? Like say I invade someone in the forest, then their game is invaded by another covenant, is it a free for all?

If you're the Invader (Darkwraith/Darkmoon/Forest Hunter), technically you can't be invaded as you have invaded a different players world. Essentially the player you invaded can also be invaded by another covenant.

It depends, a Darkwraith can attack a Darkmoon or Forest Hunter so if you are a Darkwraith and you invade someone in the forest, if a Forest Hunter also invades you can either Kill the host quickly or you can kill the forest hunter and then fight the host. Because obviously if the forest hunter kills the host then you are not rewarded (vice versa if you are the Forest Hunter)

If I were invading and saw the host being attacked by another covenant I would help the host and then once it's fair I would duel the host.

I can see myself in for some annoying pvp around Ornstein and Smough, I only ever fought them human twice and there was a ton of summon signs outside their area, isn't that a hotbed invasion area?

There will only ever be one human in an invasion. If they're killed by a Darkwraith, Darkmoon Blade, Forest Hunter, or Dragon Spirit, then the session ends. Those four groups plus gold and white phantoms can battle royale till then!

So much to learn when it comes to pvp, I think I'll get a psn card later and buy the DLC, be something new to play anyway, and I really want to see this Artorius bossfight for myself. I imagine it'll end in tears :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Another good strength weapon is the ManSerpent Greatsword. At +15 and buffed with Darkmoon blade or Gold Pine Resin it's a killer :D

It's a while since I had a good DS session, invading people and being summoned for boss fights. I might just stick it on this eve for a bit of craic.

Another good strength weapon is the ManSerpent Greatsword. At +15 and buffed with Darkmoon blade or Gold Pine Resin it's a killer :D

It's a while since I had a good DS session, invading people and being summoned for boss fights. I might just stick it on this eve for a bit of craic.

Think I'll wait around for summons tonight to get some juicy souls, am at level 40 so its what 10 levels above or below you that can summon? will hang around the top of Sen's I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think I'll wait around for summons tonight to get some juicy souls, am at level 40 so its what 10 levels above or below you that can summon? will hang around the top of Sen's I guess

I thought it was 10% below and above you?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Standard white sign co op range is 10 levels plus 10%.

So your level +/-(10+10%)

So a level 50 can play with a level 35-65.

I really must buff my viatlity on this build, have 40 strength, 19 dex and 19 vit, am getting killed pretty easily compared to my last build

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

This should give you your range:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've got my Dexterity up to 40 now. It's not worth upgrading it anymore, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've got my Dexterity up to 40 now. It's not worth upgrading it anymore, is it?

Nope, that'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

After 40 Dex you start to get diminishing returns. Move on to endurance or vitality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I just power levelled endurance on my first playthrough. The first stat to 40. My thinking was that if I can block it, it doesn't matter how much health I have. He won't hit me. The majority of enemies you fight only do physical damage so it seemed to make the most sense to me.

I actually put my dex to 50 last night. I know there's dimishing returns, but i figured i'd just get it out of the way and be able to focus on end and vit. After getting the dark wood ring, i'm flipping about like a ninja and never get hit now anyway :P

Is the BSS the best 1 handed dex weapon? I've been using a mix of Queelag's Furysword, Gold Tracer (which i absolutely love) and Great Scythe +10 (only just got the +15 ember).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Kiith wrote: »
    I actually put my dex to 50 last night. I know there's dimishing returns, but i figured i'd just get it out of the way and be able to focus on end and vit. After getting the dark wood ring, i'm flipping about like a ninja and never get hit now anyway :P

Is the BSS the best 1 handed dex weapon? I've been using a mix of Queelag's Furysword, Gold Tracer (which i absolutely love) and Great Scythe +10 (only just got the +15 ember).

Uchi/Iaito are my favourite, really powerful and quick at +15 with the added bonus of bleed damage which does massive damage if you get a few hits off in succession. BSS has better range and arguably a better move set but no bleed bonus so make up your own mind

I think technically the great scythe I'd the best dex weapon but I never really enjoyed using it as much. The tracers you get from Ciaran are pretty good as well but have poor range

Advertisement