Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

FINALLY killed Artorious. Had to 2 hand my Uchi. Got into the township. Got hit by a Mage. Forgot how much I hated this place.

<3 Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Finally got a BSS after about a half hour of farming the knights in Undead Parish, I went off and bumped it up a few levels with the blacksmith and on the way back I killed another knight, fecking BSS dropped straight away, have two now woohoo.

Am loving this strength build, I forgot I hadn't fought the Capra Demon or dragon in the Depths , demolished both of them, Capra Demon took one heavy hit and took off nearly all of it's energy. Got the Golem armor from whatsisface sitting under the bridge in Firelink, tank up time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're at nothing using a bss with a strength build...

you're at nothing using a bss with a strength build...

Better with a dex one? with strength is it worth bumping dex as well or am I better off with vitality or endurance?

the bss is *the* dex weapon so yeah, no idea about strength builds.. every time I tried them I got bored and stopped playing

vit, end, str seem a good combo though.. cant think what else you'd put in there tbh unless you were going for magic too

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Better with a dex one? with strength is it worth bumping dex as well or am I better off with vitality or endurance?

If you're going pure tank Endurance is vital to absorb the beating you'll get, Vitality is also important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Usually if I go with a Melee build I focus on either STR or DEX only and then increase Vitality and Endurance.

If you want to use the BSS for your strength build, you're best bet is to upgrade it to either Lightning or Chaos. Preferably Chaos as it will scale damage with humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not much point if you're playing a tank build, dex is all about speed so you'd just be wasting points. Endurance is probably the best thing to level up for more stamina and equipment load

Excellent, thanks all.

I went back to firelink and there's a rake of NPCs there now, aside from Lautrec the nefarious fecker, whatsiface of Thoralund now has two other guys and a girl praying near him, never seen that before. I'm going to make a point of meeting Solair and Siegmeyer as much as I can with this playthrough as I missed how their stories ended last time. I never met Siegmeyer again after finding his daughter near the Duke's Archives. Must remember where Patches is too and try not accidentally kill him like last time, stupid giant skeletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Excellent, thanks all.

I went back to firelink and there's a rake of NPCs there now, aside from Lautrec the nefarious fecker, whatsiface of Thoralund now has two other guys and a girl praying near him, never seen that before. I'm going to make a point of meeting Solair and Siegmeyer as much as I can with this playthrough as I missed how their stories ended last time. I never met Siegmeyer again after finding his daughter near the Duke's Archives. Must remember where Patches is too and try not accidentally kill him like last time, stupid giant skeletons.

After you get to the Lordvessel, take a visit to Blighttown down by the Great Hollow. Bring Purple Moss!

• Advertisement

After you get to the Lordvessel, take a visit to Blighttown down by the Great Hollow. Bring Purple Moss!

Ah moss, saved my ass on many a trek through Blightown, the undead wench merchant is one of the few NPCs I didn't kill on my last playthrough, even with her stupid laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Excellent, thanks all.

Siegmeyers story concludes on the beach in Ash Lake.

The girl that is pray is going on a pilgrimage to the catacombs, her story is pretty good if you can follow it.

As for Solaire, there's two ways his story can end.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The girl that is pray is going on a pilgrimage to the catacombs, her story is pretty good if you can follow it.

If I remember right I met Siegmeyer's daughter near the Crystal Cave, I don't think I met him again so after Seath I wasn't sure where he'd turn up. Stuff like this makes it worth playing again.

Someone mentioned that some of the game was unfinished, I wonder was Sen's one of those areas? near the bonfire theres a big knight standing in the corner and a big area that's mostly empty with a giant past him but I've no idea if you can even get to him, he's the same kind of guy as the one lobbing the metal balls into the fortress. There was also a NPC looking knight shooting arrows at me around there.

afaik you can get to every giant at sens

the one that opens the gate, the one that throws fire bombs and the oe that drops the boulders

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Killed the giant centipede and found Solaire at the nearby bonfire, he was mumbling something. Later on in Lost Izalith, past the Titanite Demon, he attacks me. I had to kill him. No more jolly cooperation :(.

I did get his cool shield though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You get to the giant who opens the gate in Sens by climbing up a series of ladders from the bottom "tar pit" area. There's a long ladder then a hidden wall then another ladder as far as I remember.

Lost Izalith feels unfinished to me. The whole Chaos / Pyromancy deal seems a bit lacking even by Dark Souls standards. Kiln could have been fleshed out more also.

penev10 wrote: »
    You get to the giant who opens the gate in Sens by climbing up a series of ladders from the bottom "tar pit" area. There's a long ladder then a hidden wall then another ladder as far as I remember.

Lost Izalith feels unfinished to me. The whole Chaos / Pyromancy deal seems a bit lacking even by Dark Souls standards. Kiln could have been fleshed out more also.

Yeah Kiln is a really cool looking area that has like four enemies and a boss in it from what I saw of it. I regret fighting Gwyn as fast as I did I shoulda let him kill me and do some more stuff before going into NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Retr0gamer wrote: »

One of those ways involves using/wasting 30 humanity I understand...yikes.

Is the dragon king greataxe worth bumping up to 50 strength for? seems excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is the dragon king greataxe worth bumping up to 50 strength for? seems excessive

Just two hand it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

penev10 wrote: »

In 200 odd hours of playing I never knew that! Must have a look when I get the chance

Harps wrote: »
    In 200 odd hours of playing I never knew that! Must have a look when I get the chance

I only learned this today too.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just two hand it

That's what she said

Not worth it for the 50 STR requirement, definitely two hand it (like 36 STR required then) as the two handed strong attack is awesome.

Not worth it for the 50 STR requirement, definitely two hand it (like 36 STR required then) as the two handed strong attack is awesome.

I have 40 so will just do that, even with Havel's ring equipped you move as slow as a wet sunday with heavy armour, might run around in the nip with it :pac:

saw the Prepare To Die edition is gone to to less than 18 bucks online, considering the DLC is 13 euro would it be nuts to just buy it again? I know my save files wont carry over but sure all the more reason to start a new build :pac: the PTD cover is way nicer too

I have 40 so will just do that, even with Havel's ring equipped you move as slow as a wet sunday with heavy armour, might run around in the nip with it :pac:

saw the Prepare To Die edition is gone to to less than 18 bucks online, considering the DLC is 13 euro would it be nuts to just buy it again? I know my save files wont carry over but sure all the more reason to start a new build :pac: the PTD cover is way nicer too

you'll get it for much cheaper over the next week or so during crimbo sales id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

For anyone wondering about the tank builds, my current one will be aiming for 50 strength, 40 endurance and 40 to 60 vitality. It's a pure strength build so dex is left at 10. Armour is a mix of black iron, havels and giants with artorias greatshield and probably the demons great axe +15.

He's super slow but can already take a huge beating and give back even more.

Fúck Gwyn and his shítty sword that can hit you from half a mile away.

Try to use an Estus flask, slash slash slash, dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ornstein and Smough dead on third try ;) Killed Ornstein last too. Kinda cheesed it by using the pillars to block his lightning while I used soul arrow. Upgraded my Scimitar to the furysword beforehand too

• Advertisement

And Gwyn falls to my mighty +10 Fire Uchi, muhahaha!

Although it was satisfying to beat him, the ending was poor. I lit the bonfire, my hand went on fire, then my body and finally the surrounding area and then.....credits. What was that about?

After the credits, the game starts again but I've got all my equipment so I'm tempted to start again knowing that I could swat enemies aside for the majority of the game.

Advertisement