Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the ending is very much in the style of the rest of the game

i should say
    the one potential ending you saw....

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

J. Marston wrote: »
    And Gwyn falls to my mighty +10 Fire Uchi, muhahaha!

Although it was satisfying to beat him, the ending was poor. I lit the bonfire, my hand went on fire, then my body and finally the surrounding area and then.....credits. What was that about?

After the credits, the game starts again but I've got all my equipment so I'm tempted to start again knowing that I could swat enemies aside for the majority of the game.

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Although it was satisfying to beat him, the ending was poor. I lit the bonfire, my hand went on fire, then my body and finally the surrounding area and then.....credits. What was that about?

After the credits, the game starts again but I've got all my equipment so I'm tempted to start again knowing that I could swat enemies aside for the majority of the game.

Everything's harder, most enemies have double or more HP and hit you way harder than before. Great craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Watch the lore videos on youtube by vaatividi or epicnamebro!

It makes so much more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

good luck with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was surprised at how hard some enemies hit in NG+, especially as i was around SL90 when i finished it first time. Not sure i'll stick with it though, as i've been playing it non stop for the last few weeks and could use a break.

Roll on Dark Souls 2.

Kiith wrote: »
    I was surprised at how hard some enemies hit in NG+, especially as i was around SL90 when i finished it first time. Not sure i'll stick with it though, as i've been playing it non stop for the last few weeks and could use a break.

Roll on Dark Souls 2.

i played it for the first time 6 months ago
    240 odd hours on steam now

get stuck in

It's more to do with the fact that i'll not have access to the PS3 for around 2 1/2 months after next week, so I figure i'll leave it having cleared it once, rather than in the middle of a playthrough.

Hopefully less chance of getting withdrawal symptoms that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I killed the Asylum Demon in a matter of seconds with a few slashes of my Furysword so that's why I thought I'd be able to fly through the game again. I'll play up to the Taurus Demon and see how tough it is.

The idea of playing through the game super-powered and toying with enemies who destroyed me in my first playthrough was appealing, now I'm worried!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I found NG+ pretty easy for the most part, you will get through it a lot quicker. Some of the bosses were tougher though, Seeth, Nito & The Four Kings in particular gave me a lot of trouble second time round. Was very annoying since I beat them all in one or 2 goes in my first playthrough.

Been playing Demon's Souls all week, have all the Arch Demons beaten now, just the last two levels of Boletarian Palace left to do. Over all I probably found it easier than Dark Souls, there was one or two times I considered giving up on it though. The Man Eaters gave me tonnes of trouble, and the treks back to both Firelurker and Old Hero were a joke.

I prefer Dark Souls overall but its a great game in it's own right, glad they got rid of the world tendency nonsense though, it's annoying not being able to meet most of the NPCs in the game. Anyway, looking forward to hopefully finishing it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I think I'm finally getting a bit better at Dark Souls. Beat Artorias last night without too much bother. Been eager to fight him again after I felt unsatisfied having spammed him with OP spells the last time.

My goal for this DEX build has been to try out the tracer weapons but having used the Great Scythe so much it doesn't seem all that appealing to go close quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

penev10 wrote: »
    I think I'm finally getting a bit better at Dark Souls. Beat Artorias last night without too much bother. Been eager to fight him again after I felt unsatisfied having spammed him with OP spells the last time.

My goal for this DEX build has been to try out the tracer weapons but having used the Great Scythe so much it doesn't seem all that appealing to go close quarters.

Im awfullly tempted to dual wield the gold and silver tracers, just for a minute :)

Goddammit got cursed on a trek through the Great Hollow, blehh stupid Basilisks

I killed the Asylum Demon in a matter of seconds with a few slashes of my Furysword so that's why I thought I'd be able to fly through the game again. I'll play up to the Taurus Demon and see how tough it is.

The idea of playing through the game super-powered and toying with enemies who destroyed me in my first playthrough was appealing, now I'm worried!

It's not too hard, the big difference is enemies hit a lot harder. Their extra health shouldn't matter if you have decent equipment.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I found NG+ pretty easy for the most part, you will get through it a lot quicker. Some of the bosses were tougher though, Seeth, Nito & The Four Kings in particular gave me a lot of trouble second time round. Was very annoying since I beat them all in one or 2 goes in my first playthrough.

Been playing Demon's Souls all week, have all the Arch Demons beaten now, just the last two levels of Boletarian Palace left to do. Over all I probably found it easier than Dark Souls, there was one or two times I considered giving up on it though. The Man Eaters gave me tonnes of trouble, and the treks back to both Firelurker and Old Hero were a joke.

I prefer Dark Souls overall but its a great game in it's own right, glad they got rid of the world tendency nonsense though, it's annoying not being able to meet most of the NPCs in the game. Anyway, looking forward to hopefully finishing it tomorrow.

World tendency is easy to manipulate playing offline mode. Just beat a boss then go to the nexus then back to that world for pure white. And die 5 times in body form, go to the nexus and back for pure black.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tommy_NDX wrote: »

World tendency is easy to manipulate playing offline mode. Just beat a boss then go to the nexus then back to that world for pure white. And die 5 times in body form, go to the nexus and back for pure black.

Ah balls, and heres me playing online the.whole time not thinking I could change it due to there being hardly anyone online

How would I change it now all the arch demons are dead?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah balls, and heres me playing online the.whole time not thinking I could change it due to there being hardly anyone online

How would I change it now all the arch demons are dead?

Getting to black is the same but to White will be tricky without the bosses. Online world tendency tends to be almost pure white so going online and killing invaders(if you can get any) would bump it up. But then if you died you'd lose any progress towards that.

I'm not sure if this would work but you could try go pure black offline, then find and kill one of the black phantom NPCs, quit the game and go online, then back to the nexus.

EDIT: probably easier to just go through ng+ offline.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im awfullly tempted to dual wield the gold and silver tracers, just for a minute :)

I'll let you know if they're worth the effort. Haven't tried them out yet just upgraded them to +3 and +4 with the Twinkling I had on hand.

penev10 wrote: »
    I'll let you know if they're worth the effort. Haven't tried them out yet just upgraded them to +3 and +4 with the Twinkling I had on hand.

The tracers are fun but they're out damaged pretty easily by other dex weapons.

The tracers are fun but they're out damaged pretty easily by other dex weapons.

I'm hoping the DPS due to the rapid hits is worth it as their stats aren't great. Will need to develop a play-style around them.

Silver also hits for toxic, so you'll have toxic and bleed

• Advertisement

I should point out for all people who loved dark souls that Severance: blade of darkness is $2.99 over on gog

http://www.gog.com/game/blade_of_darkness

it's basically dark souls before dark souls was a thing, obviously shows its age a little but it is an incredible game and manages to make swordfighting work very well with a kb/mouse combo. it's almost natural.

So I killed both Magnus and Khalmeet in under an hour.

I remember I spent 6 hours on the Xbox on Khalmeet alone.

I'm reaally regretting not bumping up my vitality more on this strength build nearly everything is clobbering me. I'll farm the big knights in Anor Londo for souls and bump it up. That dragon greatsword you get from Ash Lake is brilliant but it doesn't last any time, save it for bosses I guess, smashy smashy.

krudler wrote: »
    I'm reaally regretting not bumping up my vitality more on this strength build nearly everything is clobbering me. I'll farm the big knights in Anor Londo for souls and bump it up. That dragon greatsword you get from Ash Lake is brilliant but it doesn't last any time, save it for bosses I guess, smashy smashy.

Is your armour decent?

Is your armour decent?

I was using the black iron one but even then only a few hits would kill me, and it's not NG+ either. have the Iron Golem set now and it's doing the job fine, am killing the big knights in Anor Londo with one hit , fun. Getting invaded constantly there though it's a pain, even getting to O&S is going to be a chore am at the other bonfire now where Solair sits.

that Gold Hemmed set is the absolute job for Blightown, huge poison and curse resistance, took a wander down to the Demon Ruins and grabbed it

krudler wrote: »
    I was using the black iron one but even then only a few hits would kill me, and it's not NG+ either. have the Iron Golem set now and it's doing the job fine, am killing the big knights in Anor Londo with one hit , fun. Getting invaded constantly there though it's a pain, even getting to O&S is going to be a chore am at the other bonfire now where Solair sits.

that Gold Hemmed set is the absolute job for Blightown, huge poison and curse resistance, took a wander down to the Demon Ruins and grabbed it

Yeah my tank struggled a bit til I upgraded all my armour. Black iron chest, Giants head and legs and Havel's gauntlets. Very good defence and poise and low enough weight so I'm not forced to wear Havel's ring.

If you're struggling for twinkling titanite, take a run through The Great Hollow and grab the ten Crystal Lizards. Just check the wiki for their location.

Best place to farm twinkling is the Crystal Cave after beating Seath. Kill the 5-6 giant clams with max item discovery, and you'll get 3-4 per run. They can be a pain to kill at times, but i collected around 30 ores in no time.

Kiith wrote: »
    Best place to farm twinkling is the Crystal Cave after beating Seath. Kill the 5-6 giant clams with max item discovery, and you'll get 3-4 per run. They can be a pain to kill at times, but i collected around 30 ores in no time.

Oh definitely, but clearing the hollow gives you other titanite and maybe some slabs. Then you move on to a farming location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

my favorite ever game.... loved how hard it was... sunk about 200 hours into playing it... hope the new one gets a ps4 release.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm wearing Havel's set and I can move quickly.

I am a nimble tank.

Advertisement