Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sens was tough but fun. Blight town was not fun....not fun at all. Sens had a shnakey bonfire and a tough boss, definitely recommend summoning that hard as nails ai guy.

When I first started sens, I couldn't even get past the 1st two lizards!

Oh and best of luck in londo muwahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tarkus? he kicks ass alright pity he doesn't turn up more, you can nearly let him take the Iron Golem out himself.

So, if you played this on PC, there is a site where you can upload your save file and it will tell you how many times you died. Okay PC master race, cough up yer deaths!

http://darksoulsdeaths.com/

^ That's cool, really wish it gave you final stats at the end it'd really be interesting to see how many death, how many bonfires rested at, most used weapon etc etc. I usually don't give a crap about stats in games but there's so many varied ways to play it'd be really interesting to see.

krudler wrote: »
    ^ That's cool, really wish it gave you final stats at the end it'd really be interesting to see how many death, how many bonfires rested at, most used weapon etc etc. I usually don't give a crap about stats in games but there's so many varied ways to play it'd be really interesting to see.

Fully agree! That site has a stats screen as well showing percentage of people who finished the game, got to certain sections etc.
    Average Deaths per Playthrough for All Players: 519

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ugh

if i'd known about that i'd have kept the save files

if you delete the folder from steamapps are the saves still stored anywhere?

--edit

right, found them

Your total deaths across all playthroughs: 486
    Global average: 545

i dont know what characters those saves are for though.... i never do NG+ and I tend to delete characters from the dark souls menu when i'm done so.. those total deaths might not even be for completed games

dont have the game installed so cant check either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, if you played this on PC, there is a site where you can upload your save file and it will tell you how many times you died. Okay PC master race, cough up yer deaths!

http://darksoulsdeaths.com/

Click on stats :D How is '**** this I quit' not a unanimous victory for O+S nicknames?

Click on stats :D How is '**** this I quit' not a unanimous victory for O+S nicknames?

I actually pictured them as Mario and luigi under there armour before so was mad to see the Super Londo Bros.

70% completion rate is way higher than I expected

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Started NG++ in preparation for Artorias of the Abyss (at last) which I will download tomorrow, got as far as O&S within a couple of hours (skipped depths/blightown). Spent a good while whittling Ornstein down with my trusty silver night spear +5 while dodging Smough's attacks. I had barely lost any HP when Ornstein dropped still had 10 Estus to go, thought I might have a chance, then fat ass just sits on me and it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

krudler wrote: »
    70% completion rate is way higher than I expected

Thought it was much lower myself
    I remember when I first bought Dark Souls the limited ed in gamestop in 2011 about 3 weeks after it was released

the person behind the desk said its really hard and that alot of people were trading it in

maybe it just took a good few of us too make people believe it was beatable :pac: seriously thought it would be less, maybe because so many people remake characters and theirs so many sl1 runs finished as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The PC version came much later than the console version. That was the standard console experience so he wasn't wrong. Lots of people bought it when it came out on ps3 and 360 without knowing what the game entailed.

A console completion rate in single digits would be where I'd wager it was but a 70% PC rate doesn't surprise me at all. You will find PC users more discerning than console ones. They tend to know exactly what they were getting. Most people who bought it knew what it was, and relished the challenge. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    You will find PC users more discerning than console ones. :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvwMWTZiO7f-BdespMBZcPXdvQWi3fbt7ilQBpefUugCZvmzLieg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Right, I'm up in the middle of Sen's on my way to Anor Londo, first play through. I've got an Uchi +10 as my main weapon, but I've read that upgrading it to lightning is the way to go after that. What would ye more seasoned veterans' recommendations be though?
    I'm around SL60 and fairly heavily invested with DEX points, and a nice bit of END too. I'm just wondering if it's worth my while to go lightning as the base damage reduces, and the DEX scaling is reduced (gone entirely?), as well as some enemies being resistant to lightning?
    Decisions, decisions?

I'd recommend leveling a curved sword up to level 10 and using Qualaag's soul to upgrade it to the Fury Sword (fire sword). Great weapon and does a lot of fire damage, will come in handy for lightning resistant or flame weak enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Right, I'm up in the middle of Sen's on my way to Anor Londo, first play through. I've got an Uchi +10 as my main weapon, but I've read that upgrading it to lightning is the way to go after that. What would ye more seasoned veterans' recommendations be though?
    I'm around SL60 and fairly heavily invested with DEX points, and a nice bit of END too. I'm just wondering if it's worth my while to go lightning as the base damage reduces, and the DEX scaling is reduced (gone entirely?), as well as some enemies being resistant to lightning?
    Decisions, decisions?

look for the very large ember , upgrade it to +15. perhaps get the fury sword with another weapon from a blacksmith you will be meeting soon ! you get a free lightning in sens anyway !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The lightning spear you get in Sen's is pretty great. I used that for most of my first play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Yeah, I've got the lightning spear from Sen's alright. Not mad on the moveset though, not quick enough for my liking but I probably just need to get used to it a bit more. I might go down the Furysword route with another weapon alright, I like the sound of that.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The lightning spear you get in Sen's is pretty great. I used that for most of my first play through.

Be careful though, the mimc chest you get it from walked down an elevator shaft for me. I died as well. I went back to the area and no spear. You can get a similar lightning spear from the bats at Anor Londo which I used for most of the game also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, I've got the lightning spear from Sen's alright. Not mad on the moveset though, not quick enough for my liking but I probably just need to get used to it a bit more. I might go down the Furysword route with another weapon alright, I like the sound of that.

The moveset isn't great but you can attack with it from behind a shield which is a big help.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The moveset isn't great but you can attack with it from behind a shield which is a big help.

i watched a guy do that in a letsplay

it looked so dull

it looked so dull

For what you're coming up against in Anor Londo, I'd take Dull over 'F*ck this I quit' any day :)

it looked so dull

It's not really when you are playing it. You'll still have to dodgy big attacks since your poise is probably dreadful at that stage and you really have to manage your stamina well because your stamina won't regenerate if you have your shield up. It's not like you keep your shield up and you'll be fine, you have to be very careful of getting staggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Having a shield + spear is probably the best use for the Leo Ring. Countering attacks while being completely defended you'll be the most effective in utilising it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you want a spear farm the knights in Anor londo for one of theirs, as well as being a beast of a weapon it also doubles as a divine weapon.

Decisions, decisions?

I had a lightning Uchi and quickly changed it back to the +10 one and brought it to +15, it's an absolute wrecking machine at that level, get the very large ember in New Londo Ruins it's not that hard to get once the water is drained. That'll bump it up to max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yeah just bring it up to +15 and use whatever Resins you want then (Lightning, Fire, Poison) or you can buff it via Sorcery or Miracles.

Cravez wrote: »
    Yeah just bring it up to +15 and use whatever Resins you want then (Lightning, Fire, Poison) or you can buff it via Sorcery or Miracles.

Great magic weapon is a good way to go, or use power within but that gets dodgy, I beat O&S once using it and died straight after cos i forgot to heal myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I just realised this morning that the Burg is completely optional. I have no idea how I missed that.

Now I want to start a new game, and speed run it :/

Stupid embargo until DSII *grumblegrumble*.....

• Advertisement

I just realised this morning that the Burg is completely optional. I have no idea how I missed that.

Now I want to start a new game, and speed run it :/

Stupid embargo until DSII *grumblegrumble*.....

But don't you have to go through the Burg to get to the Parish or is that the area with ninjas popping out of houses?

Advertisement