Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    But don't you have to go through the Burg to get to the Parish or is that the area with ninjas popping out of houses?

That's the lower burg. You can pick the master key, go to the New Londo Ruins, Valley of the Drakes, then into Darkroot Basin.
    Up into Darkroot forest, and into the room with Andre, a quick skip across the church in the parish, and up to the Gargoyles, leaving you right beside Sens

That's the lower burg. You can pick the master key, go to the New Londo Ruins, Valley of the Drakes, then into Darkroot Basin.
    Up into Darkroot forest, and into the room with Andre, a quick skip across the church in the parish, and up to the Gargoyles, leaving you right beside Sens

Valley of the Drakes to Blightown for the other bell in whatever order

And that's what I did in English class today....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hi all,

Only just started playing this, bought it when it came out, lent to a friend and only got it back last week - the b*st*rd didn't even play it! Just a few questions, is it better to be hollow or human? After 5 hours I've got to Dead Parish (??) is that normal?

This is a very lonely game, but I quite like it, although I've tried the same section and died multiple times - is it better to go back to bonfires and level up or do the enemies level up with you?

Hi all,

Only just started playing this, bought it when it came out, lent to a friend and only got it back last week - the b*st*rd didn't even play it! Just a few questions, is it to be hollow or human? After 5 hours I've got to Dead Parish (??) is that normal?

This is a very lonely game, but I quite like it, although I've tried the same section and died multiple times - is it better to go back to bonfires and level up or do the enemies level up with you?

It's better to level up, enemies don't scale with you, with the exception of bosses. Kinda.
    But yeah level up.

your first build can take a ridiculous amount of time, mine took 86 hours before I gave up about 2/3 way through. My next one took about 56 to complete all optional areas and the DLC, so don't worry about play time.

If you are human, you can summon other players, or get invaded by other players too, so it's 50/50 depending on how you play. If you're offline then it makes no difference, except to summon npcs for boss

*edit When human you can kindle bonfires after you get the rite of kindling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Hi all,

Only just started playing this, bought it when it came out, lent to a friend and only got it back last week - the b*st*rd didn't even play it! Just a few questions, is it better to be hollow or human? After 5 hours I've got to Dead Parish (??) is that normal?

If you like a challenge , don't look up too much. Ya it's sort of normal to take that long if you were maybe going the wrong way. The enemies don't level up with you, you will soon be killing them easily. Level up when u can , some stats are more important than others. Read the wikis to see which way to level up. Stats like resistance is useless. Also important to upgrade your weapons. You can look up the drake sword if u want a good early game weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

It's better to level up, enemies don't scale with you, with the exception of bosses. Kinda.
    But yeah level up.

your first build can take a ridiculous amount of time, mine took 86 hours before I gave up about 2/3 way through. My next one took about 56 to complete all optional areas and the DLC, so don't worry about play time.

If you are human, you can summon other players, or get invaded by other players too, so it's 50/50 depending on how you play. If you're offline then it makes no difference, except to summon npcs for boss

*edit When human you can kindle bonfires after you get the rite of kindling!
    2smiggy wrote: »
    If you like a challenge , don't look up too much. Ya it's sort of normal to take that long if you were maybe going the wrong way. The enemies don't level up with you, you will soon be killing them easily. Level up when u can , some stats are more important than others. Read the wikis to see which way to level up. Stats like resistance is useless. Also important to upgrade your weapons. You can look up the drake sword if u want a good early game weapon

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Yeah I don't want to get a walkthrough or anything like that (although that Drake Sword sounds like fun) - I think I just wanted to know that I was heading in the right direction and get a few of the basics down.

Thanks again, I'll let ye know when I've torn my hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Yeah I don't want to get a walkthrough or anything like that (although that Drake Sword sounds like fun) - I think I just wanted to know that I was heading in the right direction and get a few of the basics down.

Thanks again, I'll let ye know when I've torn my hair out

That's pretty good going for a few hours play to there, if you're in the Parish there's a lift back to Firelink Shrine connecting the areas, once everything starts to open up and you see how the areas link together is where it really starts to shine. Those first few hours are a slog and I probably died more times in the Burg and Parish than anywhere else. But stick with it, every enemy you've faced so far will seem like a minor annoyance later in the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't summon anyone but can't move 2 feet without getting invaded. :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jebus O&S were tough on NG++ (trying to get to the boss arena without being invaded was also troublesome). Spent all evening yesterday at them, had two people helping me 3 times in a row and both times they were dead before super Smough had lost even 3/4 of his HP, onece I managed to whittle him down t about 5HP, only had to sneeze him and he'd have died, I made one mistake and he twonked me. The elation when I finally beat them was palpable, really is the best boss fight in the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Hi all,

Avoid spoilers as much as you can. A suggested route through the game is on this page. Which if you use that and nothing else will ease your path, without spoiling things for you.
    http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mickeroo wrote: »
    onece I managed to whittle him down t about 5HP, only had to sneeze him and he'd have died, I made one mistake and he twonked me. The elation when I finally beat them was palpable, really is the best boss fight in the game :D

That's the kind of thing that would make me smash my joypad :o

Kiith wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing that would make me smash my joypad :o

It got thrown, i'm quit strategic in that I direct it towards the bed so it won't break though, can't afford to be breaking controllers anymore :o

Started Artorias of the Abyss last night (NG++), Knight Artorias is pretty tough. Got summoned by someone and we beat him handy enough (the host kept healing me, fair play to him) but can't find any summon signs to get myself through. He'd be easy but for that one attack where he jumps and completely bypasses your shield. :mad:

It got thrown, i'm quit strategic in that I direct it towards the bed so it won't break though, can't afford to be breaking controllers anymore :o

Started Artorias of the Abyss last night (NG++), Knight Artorias is pretty tough. Got summoned by someone and we beat him handy enough (the host kept healing me, fair play to him) but can't find any summon signs to get myself through. He'd be easy but for that one attack where he jumps and completely bypasses your shield. :mad:

I like when hosts have the cop on to stand back and do the healing, if you're gonna summon two people then at least let them team up on the boss and just keep them topped up with health. Nothing worse than seeing a host charge in like Charlie Bronson then getting one shotted, or the dumbass that summoned me and another dude once to fight Kalameet and rolled off the cliff and died on the way to him , that was pretty funny though :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    I like when hosts have the cop on to stand back and do the healing, if you're gonna summon two people then at least let them team up on the boss and just keep them topped up with health. Nothing worse than seeing a host charge in like Charlie Bronson then getting one shotted

What would he have been using? Is it one of the miracles?

What would he have been using? Is it one of the miracles?

If you drink estus as a host it regenerates the summoned players health too, or they can heal themselves with spells or using humanity.

krudler wrote: »
    If you drink estus as a host it regenerates the summoned players health too, or they can heal themselves with spells or using humanity.

Did not know that about estus, balls so many times I could have helped :(

The other night I summoned a guy, every now an then he'd throw something on the ground and I'd a hear a voice go "help me!" Or "hello", the hell was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The other night I summoned a guy, every now an then he'd throw something on the ground and I'd a hear a voice go "help me!" Or "hello", the hell was that?

He was dropping carving stones, think you can only get them in the DLC

you get those in the DLC, Gough gives you one and there's a few more dotted around, I have one that says "helllooo!" its gas throwing it down and seeing people wander over to it and have a look

pffff , are people still playing this game ???

:p

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    pffff , are people still playing this game ???

:p

I'm pretty sure I'll give it another playthrough at some point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Right, it's time... Time to cross the bridge in Anor Londo. Been hearing lots of stuff about how much of a prick that section is... Woo.

Right, it's time... Time to cross the bridge in Anor Londo. Been hearing lots of stuff about how much of a prick that section is... Woo.

Anor Londo is grand , nice and bright , best boss fight, just a few tricky sections

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you gun die

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

you gun die
    Ya reckon?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm reinstalling this after watching Dark Souls 2 stream. I never finished it and its too long a wait for the sequel on PC. Any advice on a new build? I didn't use any magic last time. Can't remember much else to be honest

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm reinstalling this after watching Dark Souls 2 stream. I never finished it and its too long a wait for the sequel on PC. Any advice on a new build? I didn't use any magic last time. Can't remember much else to be honest

If you are determined to finish it, go down the magic route, plenty of high powered magic to use. With a high intelligence and the bellowing slumber ring you can destroy the bosses. Pump stats into dex too to use a good dex sword. Can apply magic weapon to this too for an extra boost. The dark magic you get in the DLC will make mince meat of the bosses. You do have to get past anor Londo to get the very strong spells though

Grimebox wrote: »

Pump up dexterity, endurance and use the Uchigatana you get off the merchant in Undead Burg, well when I say "get" I mean slaughter him and take. Keep armour light, magic is for wusses :D

Anyone want to help a brother out against Artorias (Xbox 360)? I'm SL128 on NG++.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anyone want to help a brother out against Artorias (Xbox 360)? I'm SL128 on NG++.

Im level 138.
    user name superdigzi

Going on now.

Advertisement