Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    that's the one, interesting, can you just use cast light or does it need to be something else?

Yeah you can use cast light, sunlight maggot or skull lantern. There's two hidden doors like this in the Township.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

that's the one, interesting, can you just use cast light or does it need to be something else?
    Light spell or sunlight maggot. The lantern the necromancers drop may work too, although not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Gah, I hate that kindling a bonfire requires me to use up 2 humanity. I'm at the bonfire inside the building after the big bridge run in Anor Londo and the place is littered with Knights and I'm guessing I'm gonna need more than 5 estus to make it very far into this place.... Only got 5 humanity left and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Gah, I hate that kindling a bonfire requires me to use up 2 humanity. I'm at the bonfire inside the building after the big bridge run in Anor Londo and the place is littered with Knights and I'm guessing I'm gonna need more than 5 estus to make it very far into this place.... Only got 5 humanity left and all.

5 can get you okay if you're decent? There's only about 5 knights you actually have to fight to open the Church, you can sprint past the Sentinels to open it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is that the Bonfire with Solaire sitting beside it, the one just after the silver archers? If so, I would recommend getting your estus to +10 and while human, summoning Solaire before the boss in that area. Also, if you have been following the Lautrec side quest, you will have an item that you can use to invade him before the boss room. Beating him will get you a humanity.

Oh also you can kill the fire soul keeper at the start of anor londo to get a humanity. I had to do this to get past the boss, once human I summoned another rplayer as well as AI to beat the boss. You could call it cheap but after 100 attempts, I call it VICTORYYYYYYYYY

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The knights aren't too bad one on one once you're familiar with their move set, same goes for the giants knocking around there. It's a very tough boss fight though (in a good way), would be no harm kindling the bonfire, you can summon Solaire to help you with it too though.

If you need humanity head back to The Depths and farm the rats, they drop it regularly enough and you can build up a good amount in as quick as an hour provided you use the covetous gold serpeant ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

there is a short cut to the boss fight there if you need to look it up. If you do not want to go human or kindle, get to main room,turn wheel to open door and head back to bonfire with fire keeper (up the elevator) . not much of a run to boss, just 4 giants, plus that fire should be kindled already once he is not dead

2smiggy wrote: »
    there is a short cut to the boss fight there if you need to look it up. If you do not want to go human or kindle, get to main room,turn wheel to open door and head back to bonfire with fire keeper (up the elevator) . not much of a run to boss, just 4 giants, plus that fire should be kindled already once he is not dead

I tried to turn that wheel before but said it can't be moved. I never did get those big doors open. The shortcut I used was leave the bonfire with Solaire, half way up the spiral stairs , turn and jump over the balcony. Then a straight run to the main room dodging the 2 giants and into the boss room.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I tried to turn that wheel before but said it can't be moved. I never did get those big doors open. The shortcut I used was leave the bonfire with Solaire, half way up the spiral stairs , turn and jump over the balcony. Then a straight run to the main room dodging the 2 giants and into the boss room.

You might have been pushing it the wrong way? It opens the huge doors between the 2 Sentinels

You might have been pushing it the wrong way? It opens the huge doors between the 2 Sentinels

Aw man! I was kind of in a panic when I tried as a big f*cker was on my heels taking swings at me and at the time I couldn't even kill one. By the time O&S were done, I was hammering those giant dopes.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man! I was kind of in a panic when I tried as a big f*cker was on my heels taking swings at me and at the time I couldn't even kill one. By the time O&S were done, I was hammering those giant dopes.

When you're pushing the door you're invincible anyways, so even if you died after opening the door would still have opened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

if you're summoning Solair, the knight you meet on the bridge near the red dragon then that's his weapon of choice. You can get something similar way later in the game.

Thanks, can I summon Solaire anytime (when human) or only at certain points - I'm fairly sure I've never summoned him

Thanks, can I summon Solaire anytime (when human) or only at certain points - I'm fairly sure I've never summoned him

He'll have a sign on the ground like a regular player does. His Anor Londo one is on the steps down from the archer in the big room before the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He'll have a sign on the ground like a regular player does. His Anor Londo one is on the steps down from the archer in the big room before the boss.

I have no idea if I'm in Anor Londo or not :p

Undead Parish? Is that Anor Londo?

You're nearly there! Give it 30 hours or so ;)

Sorry, got you confused with the other poster, in undead parish you'll find his sign on the ground right before you fight the boss. You need to be human though.

I thought that was a joke, sorry! When you reach the bridge with the dragon, go back onto the balcony to meet Solaire if you haven't yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Seems my save game is still there from when I played before. I'm that god damn blight town ugh. Unsure of where to go

Grimebox wrote: »
    Seems my save game is still there from when I played before. I'm that god damn blight town ugh. Unsure of where to go

If you're having trouble in the swamp, you can return to the undead asylum and get a ring that let's you walk normally in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

If you're having trouble in the swamp, you can return to the undead asylum and get a ring that let's you walk normally in it

What's it called? Maybe I already have it

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    What's it called? Maybe I already have it

Rusted Iron Ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When you're pushing the door you're invincible anyways, so even if you died after opening the door would still have opened

That's gone in DS2, you can take damage opening doors, pulling/pushing levers and enterting fog gates, be interesting to see how that affects speed runners.

Certain points, a few of the characters you meet actually have a story arc, Solair is one of them. You meet him a few times throughout the game and he's your sun bro when it comes to taking on bosses, he got me through a few scrapes along the way.

You can summon other players as long as you're human (reverse hollow at a bonfire) some places summoning wont work but there's a few hotspots near bonfires where people will leave their summon signs, the entrance to the church in Undead Parish is one you'd always find a few signs on the ground, before the long path you take to where the blacksmith is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The knights aren't too bad one on one once you're familiar with their move set, same goes for the giants knocking around there. It's a very tough boss fight though (in a good way), would be no harm kindling the bonfire, you can summon Solaire to help you with it too though.

If you need humanity head back to The Depths and farm the rats, they drop it regularly enough and you can build up a good amount in as quick as an hour provided you use the covetous gold serpeant ring.
    Yeah, was thinking I might go back there at some stage and lay into the rats. I'm fairly well able for the knights but I still would lose a couple of estus when making my way through them each time as using the Uchi means I need to get in fairly close and their attacks fairly hammer my stamina if I block them. But as is the DS way, I just need to keep getting better.
    2smiggy wrote: »
    Yeah, thinking about doing this alright if I can manage to get through all the locked parts with just the 5 swigs. We'll see how I get on with that Lautrec wanker before the boss anyway, was so sickened when Firelink firekeeper was killed! She was fairly sound like. He gonna pay fo dat.

Icaras wrote: »
    Jolly co-operation! Give me a shout when you are doing the other bosses. Ive never beaten the dragon.

I'm on for taking on Kalameet and Manus if you're around? You can summon me against kalameet on your side too since you said you hadn't beat him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I'm on for taking on Kalameet and Manus if you're around? You can summon me against kalameet on your side too since you said you hadn't beat him yet.

anyone out there looking to help or give tips on how to kill kalameet? I think i might be rushing in too quick...

Icaras wrote: »
    anyone out there looking to help or give tips on how to kill kalameet? I think i might be rushing in too quick...

Have you met Gough yet? need to do that to fight Kalameet properly, he's the giant blacksmith in the dlc area near where you fight Artorias. If you have then try keep around the back of Kalameet as much as you can I find, summon 1-2 other people too to keep him distracted.

Have you met Gough yet? need to do that to fight Kalameet properly, he's the giant blacksmith in the dlc area near where you fight Artorias. If you have then try keep around the back of Kalameet as much as you can I find, summon 1-2 other people too to keep him distracted.

Yeah we have him on the ground and that, jebus he is tough.

Yeah we have him on the ground and that, jebus he is tough.

Sure is, have you to fight Manus yet? easily the hardest boss in the game he's ridiculous

• Advertisement

Sure is, have you to fight Manus yet? easily the hardest boss in the game he's ridiculous

Manus is worse again? What was I thinking playing this on NG++. Doing kalameet first.

Advertisement