Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Manus is worse again? What was I thinking playing this on NG++. Doing kalameet first.

I definitely found him tougher, he's just relentless and has loads of powerful magic, wouldn't dream of doing it solo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

krudler wrote: »
    I definitely found him tougher, he's just relentless and has loads of powerful magic, wouldn't dream of doing it solo

I found Kalameet much harder than Manus, if you keep dodging until Manus does his slam thing you can easily get 2 hits in? Rinse and repeat? Summon Sif for a hand too!

For Kalameet, you need to keep watching him at all times, get under his feet, but stay at the front of him. If he leaves the ground, leg it!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Manus is worse again? What was I thinking playing this on NG++. Doing kalameet first.

Good stuff. Have to get set for work tomorrow. DS2 due tomorrow so will prob be hammering that but will help with Manus sometime next week if you want.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Icaras wrote: »
    Good stuff. Have to get set for work tomorrow. DS2 due tomorrow so will prob be hammering that but will help with Manus sometime next week if you want.

That was the most epic boss battle i've had yet :D Yeah cool, will hopefully be picking the second one up over the weekend too anyway. Will give manus a few goes tonight myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Manus is a bastard to put it simply. When you enter the fog gate you're on his turf and you damn well fight on his terms. Best thing to do it just duck and roll but that won't always work either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Lots of activity around the burg tonight...people giving DS one last blast before tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Dark Souls 2 is fantastic. Avoiding the DS2 thread like the plague until I have the game completed, went in knowing nothing as a deprived and I've died a lot, seen a lot and loving every minute of it. Once I have a playthrough done I'll dive into the guidebook and thread :D

Praise the sun.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Dark Souls 2 is fantastic. Avoiding the DS2 thread like the plague until I have the game completed, went in knowing nothing as a deprived and I've died a lot, seen a lot and loving every minute of it. Once I have a playthrough done I'll dive into the guidebook and thread :D

Praise the sun.

Boards emailing me 6 times a day about new posts is killing me... I haven't even got the game yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It's actually good craic over there, we're basically helping each other out, giving little hints etc No major spoilers really!

Praise the sun.

How far have you gotten, out of curiosity? In spoiler tags of course :P

• Advertisement

Erm, its kinda confusing there doesn't seem to be a straight course of action like Demons or Dark souls, its all very open. Then again Its starting to tighten up a bit.
    Spoilers:
    Dont know where to start, erm. The last boss I beat were the three golden gaurdian dudes in the last bastion/belfire whatever the heck the place you get the boat to is called. Now I've opened up the route to the Bell tower kip and helping dudes try beat the boss at the moment.

And I have to leave to drink beer >:( boourns
    Oh and don't give me any indication of how far I've gotten etc, if you do put it in spoilers and Ill read it some other time. :D

Erm, its kinda confusing there doesn't seem to be a straight course of action like Demons or Dark souls, its all very open. Then again Its starting to tighten up a bit.
    Spoilers:
    Dont know where to start, erm. The last boss I beat were the three golden gaurdian dudes in the last bastion/belfire whatever the heck the place you get the boat to is called. Now I've opened up the route to the Bell tower kip and helping dudes try beat the boss at the moment.

And I have to leave to drink beer >:( boourns
    Oh and don't give me any indication of how far I've gotten etc, if you do put it in spoilers and Ill read it some other time. :D

Haha nah I won't say anything to spoiler you as I don't know much myself!
    Those Sentinels in The Last Bastille are a serious pain alright!! Haven't killed those Gargoyles yet found them too hard!
    Not too far ahead of you anyways I don't think, agree about the total lack of direction, I have about 4 areas open to me :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hey... no dark souls 2 talk in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

hey... no dark souls 2 talk in this thread

agreed
    its bad enough I am broke that I can't buy it until next week
    I don't want too have too break my temptation and read a spoiler specially not in this thread considering its the 1st game and not the 2nd:pac:

Ahhh man just beat it there, turns out Bruce Willis of Thorolund was a ghost the whole time O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Funny Brain Fart moment when we were recording SL1 Playthrough :D

Also 12 days since the last post? Poor Dark Souls 1 :( :pac:

Cravez wrote: »

Also 12 days since the last post? Poor Dark Souls 1 :( :pac:

I kinda miss O&S now, I'd nearly go back to it just for O&S and my Uchi

im trying to stay away from all things souls until get ds2

been fighting the urge to reinstall it and run through though, life just seems a bit greyer without my BSS

im trying to stay away from all things souls until get ds2

been fighting the urge to reinstall it and run through though, life just seems a bit greyer without my BSS

I say you cave, get it on console, and sell it again in May to buy the PC version!

I kinda miss O&S now, I'd nearly go back to it just for O&S and my Uchi

have you played DS2 yet?

I might give DS1 another run through once I finish it just for the lulz, I miss Lordran.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    have you played DS2 yet?

I might give DS1 another run through once I finish it just for the lulz, I miss Lordran.

Yeah I've got about 60 hours in my first game, won't say much for Sir Digbys sake, but it's an amazing game

you're all bastards

4 ****ing weeks to go :/

you're all bastards

4 ****ing weeks to go :/

Yeah but you'll be laughing with your extra framerates and lighting. Although that being said the console versions have a massive bump in the framerates this time in a lot of areas, it's still sluggish sometimes but nowhere near as bad as the first game, it's silky smooth in a lot of places.

It's a worthy successor is all I'll say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Three weeks today...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i was showing my cousin , who recently started playing, a few things like back stabbing and parrying. i was scrolling through my weapons and came across 3 called '?weapon?' , seemingly hacked crystal straight swords. I won't use for PvP but the damage was 1500 + off a parry and around 1400 backstab :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw this as a tee you can vote for to be an upcoming tee on Qwertee. Getting voting!!!

http://www.qwertee.com/product/praise-the-sun

41491.jpg

10 days to dark souls 2!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

10 days to dark souls 2!!!!!!!

... I said on the 4th of March?

:p

Advertisement