Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Danonino. wrote: »
    ... I said on the 4th of March?

:p

taken1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I finally bought the game for 5 euro on xtra vision marketplace .
    It should arrive soon . I actually can't wait , I've heard so much about the game .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is their something you have to do before you play this on PC. Any update file or something along those lines?????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Here you go:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dark_Souls:_Prepare_to_Die_Edition

Durante's DSFix is highly recommended.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I saw this as a tee you can vote for to be an upcoming tee on Qwertee. Getting voting!!!

http://www.qwertee.com/product/praise-the-sun

41491.jpg

IT's UP!!!!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sold!!!!!!

Well it will be if they put it up for sale, got the white and black ones earlier in the week, they should do baby things like the other sites. I know a very angry four month old who shook a tiny fist at qwertee this week and most certainly will not be praising the sun now !!!!!!!! :(

Just saw the about this design :
    About This Design:
    When he's not desperately grasping at the tattered remnants of his dwindling humanity, everyone's favourite Sunbro loves to sit back with a refreshing, cool, tall flask of Estus. Get in the summer spirit with Solaire!

Pure gold !!!!! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hooray for t-shirt by way of Praise the Sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hooray for t-shirt by way of Praise the Sun!

but hole :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Started a new game today, playing Demon Souls at the minute aswell. It's actually difficult to compare the three games.

Quelaag at SL1 can eat sh1t though.... 13dmg a hit...

• Advertisement

And thus it ends... I will fight any man who insults Maneater Mildreds honor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

And thus it ends... I will fight any man who insults Maneater Mildreds honor

She's a wench of questionable virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Started a new game today, playing Demon Souls at the minute aswell. It's actually difficult to compare the three games.

Quelaag at SL1 can eat sh1t though.... 13dmg a hit...
    Wait till you get to the Archers in Anor Londo with your SL1...I havent finished my SL1 playthrough yet but so far the rage I felt there has yet to be surpassed...O&S were even less of a problem

GK1001 wrote: »
    Wait till you get to the Archers in Anor Londo with your SL1...I havent finished my SL1 playthrough yet but so far the rage I felt there has yet to be surpassed...O&S were even less of a problem

It's not as SL1 it's a straight run game, meaning I'm not doing any optional areas, I forgot I could level up at bonfires so ended up fighting her at SL1

Spent about an hour trying to get through the Catacombs so I could get the Great Scythe :D

Testing it out on Balder Knights.... Balder Side Sword..... Never been so happy to be so mad :D
    Currently extremely underpowered in Anor Londo

Might start an SL1 this week. Any advice while I'm already posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Theres a few on here who've done one and Cravez has some very good vis on his co-op SL1 playthrough.

I used the Pyromancer to start and a melee build so you're limited in the weapons you can use. I used the battle axe and got it to Lightning +5. It's excellent. I hadn't used an axe previously and it's very good for breaking guard and crushing skulls. And of course the combustions and fireballs.

Just do the usual and collect as much as you can early on to make sure you have the best gear. Kill
    Lautrec to get the ring of favour and protection asap,
    you'll need it. Buy tonnes of titanite and upgrade everything and stay light. Get havel's ring early if you can.

You learn to stick and move very well and it brings back the difficulty later on that you lose from multiple normal playthroughs.

Worth doing imo

Thanks, I'll probably do one for the 3 Souls games over the summer, I think the second will actually be the easiest! I'm not online in DkS1 so I'll be mainly all alone too

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

OK. So after several attempts over a few years I think I finally get Dark Souls. Still not much of an idea what I'm doing or where I should be going but I finally beat the Titanite lightning demon - the one after the blacksmith. Took about 30 or 40 tries with my Pyromancer but got there in the end. Still not entirely sure how I should be building my character, I'm at level 24 and have been putting most of my points into Dexterity, Endurance and Vitality.

per_furry wrote: »
    OK. So after several attempts over a few years I think I finally get Dark Souls. Still not much of an idea what I'm doing or where I should be going but I finally beat the Titanite lightning demon - the one after the blacksmith. Took about 30 or 40 tries with my Pyromancer but got there in the end. Still not entirely sure how I should be building my character, I'm at level 24 and have been putting most of my points into Dexterity, Endurance and Vitality.

Me and you can keep the thread alive <3 Did you go upstairs in the Church in the Undead Parish? It's the opposite side of the Blacksmiths bonfire,

Yeah just exploring though, haven't gone further than killing that annoying sh1te that was flinging those blue fire balls down from the balcony. Might go back up that way later tonight.

Yeah just exploring though, haven't gone further than killing that annoying sh1te that was flinging those blue fire balls down from the balcony. Might go back up that way later tonight.

Well you'll find he doesn't respawn :D
    Yeah take a look up there, maybe further the story a little bit, Yano? Keeping it spoiler free for ya but ask away if you're stuck.

Did you get the White Soapstone from Solaire, the guy with the Sun on his chest?

• Advertisement

if you're putting lot s of points into dex, try killing the balder knights who guard the church above the blacksmith (where you are) a few times

sometimes they drop a Balder Side Sword and it's (1) one of the best dex weapons in the game (2) the best ****ing sword in the history of everything

if you're putting lot s of points into dex, try killing the balder knights who guard the church above the blacksmith (where you are) a few times

sometimes they drop a Balder Side Sword and it's (1) one of the best dex weapons in the game (2) the best ****ing sword in the history of everything

After the uchi of course...

SAskMIQ.png

has anyone here ordered from qwertee before? my tshirt was supposed to ship on the 8th but the page hasn't updated since the 8th when they said it was being printed and packed

when should I expect to be able to praise the sun? weather notwithstanding

has anyone here ordered from qwertee before? my tshirt was supposed to ship on the 8th but the page hasn't updated since the 8th when they said it was being printed and packed

when should I expect to be able to praise the sun? weather notwithstanding

Mines the exact same, probably early to worry though, Sheehy may give us some insight, he's the one who found it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Qwertees are usually fairly slow getting delivered as they don't seem to get printed and dispatched 'til well after orders close.

I have the other shirt from that day on order as well.

Have the Uchi +3 and it's been great for farming souls from Drakes so far. Have a Battleaxe+4 for most other things that don't bleed. Is it worth doing anything with the Balder Side Sword? Have it but haven't used it yet.

Been collecting a fair bit of gear but it's really difficult to know what's best to use because the stats and desciptions are so ambiguous. For example I currently have the Spider Shield, Dragon Crest and Grass Crest shield but can't really work out what's best to be using regularly so I'm swapping and fiddling depending on what I'm fighting. Same with the armour, just get the Brigand set but have no idea if it's better than the leather gear and Fang Board Helm I'm using.

I've been trying to stay away from the whole wiki min-maxing but think I might have to go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have the Uchi +3 and it's been great for farming souls from Drakes so far. Have a Battleaxe+4 for most other things that don't bleed. Is it worth doing anything with the Balder Side Sword? Have it but haven't used it yet.

Been collecting a fair bit of gear but it's really difficult to know what's best to use because the stats and desciptions are so ambiguous. For example I currently have the Spider Shield, Dragon Crest and Grass Crest shield but can't really work out what's best to be using regularly so I'm swapping and fiddling depending on what I'm fighting. Same with the armour, just get the Brigand set but have no idea if it's better than the leather gear and Fang Board Helm I'm using.

I've been trying to stay away from the whole wiki min-maxing but think I might have to go down that route.

The Balder Swag Sword is my favourite weapon in the game, get that thing to +10 immediately and dominate!!

The uchi is my favourite, but the Swag Sword is great too, it's a matter of opinion really. Try both and see which is your favourite, if you've been pumping Dex points they're the best swords you'll get.

Generally the main defence stat is the one to go by, and then switching in other things as various elemental attacks come towards you
    E. G. Highest defence for the hollows and Balder Knights, and the the highest average defence and magic defence for the Channeler (the big guy shooting the blue arrows in the church) and then highest average defence and fire defence for the Gargoyles. You'll probably be switching a lot, but you grow accustomed to it.

How fast you want to move is another thing with armor and weapons, dunno if you understand that already though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Personally I prefer the Uchi over the Balder sword but they both wreck everything with high Dex, if you get them both to +15 you'll mangle stuff in the later stages, it's fun revisiting old areas and one hitting everything.

Advertisement