Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,264 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Iaito > Uchi & Balder Side Sword :pac:

FYI Dark Souls is free on x360 with Games for Gold in June.

Never played it so wahey!

has anyone here ordered from qwertee before? my tshirt was supposed to ship on the 8th but the page hasn't updated since the 8th when they said it was being printed and packed

when should I expect to be able to praise the sun? weather notwithstanding
    I ordered twice from them before. Took about 7 days from purchase online both times.

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Iaito > Uchi & Balder Side Sword :pac:

There's always one :D

Your personal favourite is the best! Agree on this atleast lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Man I've been playing DS2 so much I forgot you could +15 weapons in this!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tshirt shipped today! (13 bloody days after I ordered)

preperations under way to begin praising

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kinda abandoned DS2 so will start 1 again, looking forward to it, might try a faith build this time have done dex, strength and sorcery already.

tshirt arrived!

it barely fits, should have gone for an XL but I figured an american XL would be like a pregnancy frock. Ah well, all the more reason to keep on keepin' on, dropping them lb's.

tshirt arrived!

it barely fits, should have gone for an XL but I figured an american XL would be like a pregnancy frock. Ah well, all the more reason to keep on keepin' on, dropping them lb's.

Not gonna be able to sit still at school knowing the Praising awaiting me when I get home :D

*edit No t-shirt for me... Gonna be a long weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Just ordered DS: Prepare to die...will arrive in 8 - 10 days :D I'll report back with my findings in a fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just ordered DS: Prepare to die...will arrive in 8 - 10 days :D I'll report back with my findings in a fortnight

I seriously hope it wasn't for xbox
    its going to be free next month on games with gold

calex71 wrote: »
    I seriously hope it wasn't for xbox
    its going to be free next month on games with gold

Nope, PS3 :)

Nope, PS3 :)

Ah good prepare to die so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Started playing this months ago and only came back to it at the weekend. I'm at the blacksmith where the lighting headless statue dude is in the next room. I have the uchi and drakes sword as well. Is it worth pumping up the uchi right now? I have about 10 shards in my inv. I have it at +1. Kinda lost as to what to do again exactly - forgotten the whole story!! Tried killing that headless dude a few times but died, think i'll just run past him and come back to him ...

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Started playing this months ago and only came back to it at the weekend. I'm at the blacksmith where the lighting headless statue dude is in the next room. I have the uchi and drakes sword as well. Is it worth pumping up the uchi right now? I have about 10 shards in my inv. I have it at +1. Kinda lost as to what to do again exactly - forgotten the whole story!! Tried killing that headless dude a few times but died, think i'll just run past him and come back to him ...

Are we talking about the 1st smith in the game after the church with the titanite demon down stairs? You have the drake so you must have a bow if you got it the easy way so you can pick the demon off safely but slowly from range, you can run passed too. Have you been to the depths yet? I;d be looking to go that way 1st

hey, don't be filling his head with that nonsense.

you upgrade that uchi as far as you can and slap seven shades of hell out of that titanite demon

alternately go back upstairs to the cathedral and farm those balder knights for a balder side sword

--edit
    story wise, you're supposed to go up to the cathedral/chapel and go up the stairs, there's a boss up there and one of the bells of awakening you have to ring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah I beaten the
    two gargoyles and rang the bell
    . Might upgrade the uchi so and go back and farm thsoe balder knights ..build up the charcter a bit. Is the depths the place where the ghosts and stuff are, down the elevator near the first bonfire? I was down there ages ago but got scared off by some spirits I think!! :P You'll have to forgive my memory, as i say, havent played it in a while!!

no that's new londo ruins.

christ im trying to remember how you get to the depths now...
    i think this is the way. if you go to the undead burg (the second area you go to, after firelink shrine).. you know the bridge after the undead burg bonfire? with the 3 hollows above throwing firebombs onto it.. at the end of that bridge is a room and in that room is a locked door. I think you get a key after beating the gargoyle demons which will allow you to open that door and head into the depths from there.

i think that's it anyway..

christ, it's been too long. think I know what i'm doing tomorrow

--edit

actually im pretty sure that's wrong. I forget how to get to the depths :(

actually

try that door anyway, it does lead to the depths but i think it's a shortcut you open later. remember the bridge the dragon was on? there was a locked door there, on the opposite end to the dragon, pretty sure that's the way to the depths and you probably hasve the key for it now if you've beaten the gargoyle demons

You get the key for the depths after fighting
    capra demon and the two dogs
    wasn't it? the door is just a little ways down from there

yeah but dont you still need to find the key for the door on the bridge and/or the door to lower undead burg, and that should be either a boss reward or an obvious item to pick up on the way to/from gargoyle demon.

ah yeah, just checked youtube. basement key is well obvious and you pick it up before you even enter the cathedral so he definitely has it. so go to the locked door at the far end of the dragon bridge

• Advertisement

woh.. i dunno what I did to my dark souls the last time I played but everything looks ****ing weird

the game is so dark and.... shadowy

its like I have a thousand skyrim mods installed, does dsfix do this? I don't remember it looking this odd

also, had a characted saved with a balder side sword. jesus christ I love that weapon, I kinda went around starting fights with all the npcs I could find though so now that playthrough is ruined

--edit

actually, crap I think it was because of flux.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got my cousin playing this finally, he has 40 hrs in the last week alone ! also getting alot of phone calls from him about what to do next !!

So where's the basement key then? My Onebro needs some sweet sweet Laurentius

you remember the giant gate outside the cathedral in undead parish? the one the hollow runs through and then slams shut, it's behind that.. directly in front of the front door of the cathedral

O&S aren't completely wrecking my **** yet. Anyone know what the best pyromancys for them at this stage are? Using Fireball and Fire Orb, can kill Ornstein and get Super Smough to about half health, but not strong enough to melee him to death, or melee Ornstein enough to save pyros.

Using Raw Hand Axe +5, infusions or keep with Raw, or even switch to a new weapon?

O&S aren't completely wrecking my **** yet. Anyone know what the best pyromancys for them at this stage are? Using Fireball and Fire Orb, can kill Ornstein and get Super Smough to about half health, but not strong enough to melee him to death, or melee Ornstein enough to save pyros.

Using Raw Hand Axe +5, infusions or keep with Raw, or even switch to a new weapon?

Change weapon! Isn't that the starting weapon for Pyros? Pick up a nice dex weapon, I wouldn't go for raw infusion either, probably better just going to +15. Are you going for Str or Dex?

A Lightning Uchi or +15 Balder Side Sword are end game. Although that said I forget a tonne about DS1, been ages since I've played.

Literally just started my first game *them noob feels* - picked the knight class and chose divine blessing as my gift...not sure if that's a good or bad choice yet! :D

Literally just started my first game *them noob feels* - picked the knight class and chose divine blessing as my gift...not sure if that's a good or bad choice yet! :D

*Cough* pick the
    Master Key
    :P

*Cough* pick the
    Master Key
    :P

Damn...too late now! :p accidentally used 2 of my divine blessings too *facepalm*

• Advertisement

Change weapon! Isn't that the starting weapon for Pyros? Pick up a nice dex weapon, I wouldn't go for raw infusion either, probably better just going to +15. Are you going for Str or Dex?

A Lightning Uchi or +15 Balder Side Sword are end game. Although that said I forget a tonne about DS1, been ages since I've played.

It's an SL1 run! Sorry should have specified! Picked up great combustion, so hoping with a little patience it might go further than Fireball

Advertisement