Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah the bed of chaos is a horribly realised boss fight. I can see where they were going with it but it's just horrible to play

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

Should I get Dark Souls 2 for PC OR ps3?

i'd say pc, cos i got it on pc

it looks better, you can add lighting mods to make it look more like the game from the trailers (if you want, I haven't bothered...yet). the multiplayer is still very active

outside of graphics I don't think there's much of a difference.

there is a durability bug on the pc actually, the durability degredation of weapons seems to be tied into fps somehow.. and since pc's tend to run at a higher fps than their console counterparts.. our weapons degrade faster than they would on console

just means we're more hardkoer is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm on the PS3 so far, my cousin is on the PC, both busy.

I'd imagine both will stay busy so it's just personal preference. I put alot of hours into DS1 , and have started to put some time into DS2 as the game starts to grow on me. My PS3 is in my sitting room, a more comfortable room than my PC for the hours I sit in front of it

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

crybaby wrote: »

Emm... Sir Digby replied

And I would agree also, the possibility of modding the game for enhanced lighting, better textures etc would be more than enough reason. I don't know if Namco/From Software have worked with Valve in stopping the VAC issue though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

No its one of the 4 Lords, figured it might be a handy one for souls... Nope...

Oh my bad, just realised I was confusing it with Ceaseless Discharge!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

i'd say pc, cos i got it on pc

I don't suppose you, or anyone else can recommend how to optimise it for PC? I've downloaded and am using DSFix but my god the camera movement is mental...

Starting to realise why people mentioned that keyboard + mouse as opposed to controller is next to impossible to play and why the steam page says "Controller highly recommended".

I'd rather not shell out for a controller if I can avoid it. I've not even played 20 minutes of the game since I've not got the patience to deal with the camera being so buggy when used with the mouse.

Thanks in advance.

you more or less can't avoid it

pick up a cheap xbox controller clone in argos or wherever

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Fair enough, might see if I can get a loan of a wired one off a friend or something. Or limit myself to playing it on weekends when I have more free time and can curse at the top of my lungs for hitting a wall with my sword rather than the enemy for the 100th time in a row :pac:

• Advertisement

im trying to picture fighting some of the bosses with a mouse and keyboard

even the thought of it is making me angry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yay, XBox 360 controller for my laptop arrived today so I can get stuck in to this.

Once I finish Mass Effect 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yay, XBox 360 controller for my laptop arrived today so I can get stuck in to this.

Once I finish Mass Effect 3...

I say drop ME and read a fan ending, get obsessed with Souls and never look back.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I say drop ME and read a fan ending, get obsessed with Souls and never look back.

Just a thought.

I always drop games when something else shiny comes along. I am steadfast in my resolve not to do that this time, since I'm thoroughly enjoying ME3. I have all the DLC and everything. :eek: Dark Souls will still be there next week. It's winking at me though and licking its lips seductively.

I always drop games when something else shiny comes along. I am steadfast in my resolve not to do that this time, since I'm thoroughly enjoying ME3. I have all the DLC and everything. :eek: Dark Souls will still be there next week. It's winking at me though and licking its lips seductively.

It won't be licking its lips seductively when it's murdering the hell out of you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

It's winking at me though and licking its lips seductively.

Remember this quote when the first mimic gets you. Ain't nothin' licks it's lips like a mimic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's winking at me though and licking its lips seductively.

Next time it will be licking its lips and thinking, "tasty, hope to taste him again...and again, and again..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Enjoying the game a lot but at times I'm also finding it so frustrating that I can't help but rage quit - currently fighting the great grey wolf Sif; absolute trek getting to him, his attacks are quite predictable, couple of blockable slashes which allow you to get under him and do some damage before his big unblockable spinning slash which deals massive damage.

Just there he decides to skip the preamble and hits me with the big one right away! As I take a flask he does the big slash again! Very low on health I raise my shield to block what will inevitably be the standard slash so I can get under him and grab a second for a flask.

Nope.

He does the big unblockable one for the third time in a row. Kills me in one.

I swear I nearly threw the controller through the ****ing window.

Enjoying the game a lot but at times I'm also finding it so frustrating that I can't help but rage quit - currently fighting the great grey wolf Sif; absolute trek getting to him, his attacks are quite predictable, couple of blockable slashes which allow you to get under him and do some damage before his big unblockable spinning slash which deals massive damage.

Just there he decides to skip the preamble and hits me with the big one right away! As I take a flask he does the big slash again! Very low on health I raise my shield to block what will inevitably be the standard slash so I can get under him and grab a second for a flask.

Nope.

You just need to get rolling down. If there's one thing DS2 has taught me it's not to rely on my shield, utilise dem I frames!

Nope.

If you get angry, stop playing. Anger makes you rush, and rushing is punished severely in Souls. Punishment in Souls means death. And the cycle repeats. Go for a walk and clear your head or something if you get really piss3d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nope.

How far into the game are you ? I did this one very late on so there could be other place to go to and revisit this later. What kind of build are you ?? If you are determined I recall the strategy for this
    two handing a sword and staying right under him gets the job done safely enough, if you want to use a shield be sure its high stability, he's weak to fire to I think

calex71 wrote: »
    How far into the game are you ? I did this one very late on so there could be other place to go to and revisit this later. What kind of build are you ?? If you are determined I recall the strategy for this
    two handing a sword and staying right under him gets the job done safely enough, if you want to use a shield be sure its high stability, he's weak to fire to I think

I'm level 35, Knight build - I've tried two handing a Drake sword +2 but it leaves me too vulnerable to his slash attacks not having the shield. I've managed to get him down to about 30% health a couple of times but that's as good as it's got. Mabye I'll return to it when I'm a bit stronger?

I'm level 35, Knight build - I've tried two handing a Drake sword +2 but it leaves me too vulnerable to his slash attacks not having the shield. I've managed to get him down to about 30% health a couple of times but that's as good as it's got. Mabye I'll return to it when I'm a bit stronger?

Maybe try a different area? You really only need to fight Sif if you wanna clear the place with the ghost and all the water, I have totally forgotten the name that is crazy! Down the stairs by Crest bro in Firelink!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Gone back to the original after too long in DS2. I'm amazed they never nerfed backstabs in this, it takes a lot of the fun out of PvP with all the backstab spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This is free tomorrow on xbox lives "games with gold". looking forward to giving it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This is free tomorrow on xbox lives "games with gold". looking forward to giving it a go.

As good as any place to insert this... never gets old :D
    K8ySn3e.gif

Maybe try a different area? You really only need to fight Sif if you wanna clear the place with the ghost and all the water, I have totally forgotten the name that is crazy! Down the stairs by Crest bro in Firelink!

Londo Ruins?

Londo Ruins?

That's what he's trying to think of. Have you beaten Queelag yet? Sif can be left for a little while anyways.

Have you beaten Queelag yet?

Haha alas no, haven't attempted again tbh - perhaps I'll try my hand at that now that I'm slightly more powerful! Lost 33000 souls against Sif which obviously could've gone to good use but sure we'll bounce back :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone seen that new Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow yet? basic plot is a dude thrown into a battle scenario who dies nearly instantly, and is resurrected countless times taking what he's learnt from the previous attempts to survive, it's basically Dark Souls :pac:

Advertisement