Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tonydude wrote: »
    Found em, got 4. When you invade are you matched up against your same lvl

From what I have read, no.
    The whole indictment thing is built around this, apparently a lvl 60 can invade a lvl 10...only one outcome there really, hence the indictment system.
    Cant use them at the moment whys that do i need to go somewhere specific to activate it

You have to be human to activate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thxs here i go :D

argh its still not letting me

ok got it

OMG a failed invade takes away the orbs also, thats stupid

ok got it

Well, how did it go?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Well, how did it go?

its not working said it failed and took my orbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know a good place to see what all the symbols underneath your healthbar are? I currently have three there, on of which just appeared there a second ago. ave a yellow arrow pointing up, A blue shield with green arrow pointing up (think that's because of the drake sword) and I have a black circle with a vertical white line inside it. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've just noticed that my eskus flasks wont raise above 8 when I rest at kindled fires. Might be something to do with the black circle symbol??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Yeah i lost three orbs trying to invade. All failed.

Won't be trying that again any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I had a load of those under my bars a while ago, they went away when i repaired all my swords and armour So i assume it was for each piece that was broken. As for the white line in black circle, that's always there for me. I thought maybe it's when im hollowed but its still there when im human.

Anyone know a good place to see what all the symbols underneath your healthbar are? I currently have three there, on of which just appeared there a second ago. ave a yellow arrow pointing up, A blue shield with green arrow pointing up (think that's because of the drake sword) and I have a black circle with a vertical white line inside it. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've just noticed that my eskus flasks wont raise above 8 when I rest at kindled fires. Might be something to do with the black circle symbol??

Most likely they have something to do with rings/armour/swords you have equipped.
    Unequip a ring, a sword and armour and see what happens.

EDIT: DO NOT UNEQIP THE RING OF FAVOR AND PROTECTION

black circle with a vertical white line inside it

Have you the Ring of the Evil eye equiped, that might be it

Edit: what does the stat poise contribute to , its above bleed resist

Most likely they have something to do with rings/armour/swords you have equipped.
    Unequip a ring, a sword and armour and see what happens.
    Have you the Ring of the Evil eue equiped, that might be it
    Yup, was wearing the ring of the evil eye. Thanks for that. Anyone know as to why my flasks arent fully replenishing to 10 at kindled fires? only getting to 8

• Advertisement

Yup, was wearing the ring of the evil eye. Thanks for that. Anyone know as to why my flasks arent fully replenishing to 10 at kindled fires? only getting to 8

Are you sure it's only getting to 8 or is it staying at 8.
    If you have not kindled a bonfire, you get 5 flasks, but if you enter an area and light a bonfire you keep however many flasks you have at that time until you die and then it goes to 5 when you revive.

EDIT: anyone else equip the dark wood grain ring, brought a smile to my face anyway...:D

Are you sure it's only getting to 8 or is it staying at 8.
    If you have not kindled a bonfire, you get 5 flasks, but if you enter an area and light a bonfire you keep however many flasks you have at that time until you die and then it goes to 5 when you revive.

EDIT: anyone else equip the dark wood grain ring, brought a smile to my face anyway...:D
    It seemed to have sorted itself out. Might have been what you were referring to Narnin. Keep on forgetting which ones i have kindled and which one I hadnt.

Was sorting my stuff out in the bottomless box and then the menu disappeared. I thought that it was rather odd. Couldnt sit at the bonfire so i walked out fo the room only to be told that I was being invaded. So far been invaded twice, vanquished once and died once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Whats up with the "Praise the sun" lark everywere, is there just some kook leaving them around everywere on live?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Whats up with the "Praise the sun" lark everywere, is there just some kook leaving them around everywere on live?

Same on PS too.
    Demon's Souls the phrase that pays was "This is harsh: Evaluate me".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i bought the soul arrorws, but as a pyromancer, how do i get to use them ? do i have to meet some one to teach me the spell ??

you need a catalyst . ie a wand

• Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

cheers, where is the easiest place to get one, i have the shortcut to the undead parish open , but just got mangled when i went up the elevator to have a look around :( , had little souls though so did not matter. level 18 now. is the grave yard still a waste of time with the drakes sword, or should i just try the undead parish again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

penev10 wrote: »
    I keep getting Humanities for nothing tonight. I must've gotten 5+

My gauge has been permanantly at 1 for the last few hours despite dying every 15mins!

Is this some online thing like with the bonus flasks when someone else uses the bonfire you're near?

Apparently its when someone rates one of your messages you get +1 Humanity. I was getting a steady stream of it there when i dropped a message in Sens for a secret wall (Mine was the only message indicating the wall) If you havent put down any messages then yeah, im way wrong. Oh and the view my messages option shows that my messages all have zero +Rates. Word on the street is that its bugged...

ok got it

OMG a failed invade takes away the orbs also, thats stupid

Alot of people will be in the Way of White covenant near the start of the game. Knight and Clerics are in the Covenant from the get go and its the first covenant you can join. It reduces the chance of being invaded and increases the chance to see summon signs. Dont worry anyway, about half way in the game you get a red eye orb that isnt cracked so you wont lose it ever. Or you can join some of the later covenants that give similiar eye orbs for invasions.
    Have you the Ring of the Evil eye equiped, that might be it

Edit: what does the stat poise contribute to , its above bleed resist

It increases your ability to not be interupted mid action. Say your swinging your sword and an enemy gets the hit in before you he will interupt you. With high poise you can take the hit and still carry on through and hit the guy. In general the heavier the armour the more poise it has. My char is a heavy armour guy and i have the poise ring on at all times. Really nice being able to trade hits, take little damage cause of your armour and carry on through and split skulls, makes you feel like a badass :cool: It has a cap apparantly so dont expect to be able to not flinch on a overhead smash from a Taurus Demon :D
    2smiggy wrote: »
    i bought the soul arrorws, but as a pyromancer, how do i get to use them ? do i have to meet some one to teach me the spell ??

Gotta have a catalyst in your hand and you gotta sit at a bonfire and attune your spell into one of the slots. Leveling the stat attunement gives you more slots
    2smiggy wrote: »
    cheers, where is the easiest place to get one, i have the shortcut to the undead parish open , but just got mangled when i went up the elevator to have a look around :( , had little souls though so did not matter. level 18 now. is the grave yard still a waste of time with the drakes sword, or should i just try the undead parish again

The graveyard is pretty much end game stuff. Even if you went in, you will have to go back through it again as a door at the end is locked till later in the game. There is some good loot in the graveyard so you could suicide run through it and grab the stuff, but dont bother going down into the Catacombs, its pretty much hell. As for catalyst, i have no idea where the earliest you can get one is. Try the undead merchant in the Undead Burg. As for where you should go. If you havent rang the bell atop the tower, then the parish is the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Level 52 now. Using the Black Knight Halberd thing now. The 32 str one. Its slower than I'd like but it does decent damage so I'm sticking with it. Stone Armour is fairly good though it weighs a ton.....can't roll quickly anymore even with the weight ring.

Beat the Big wolf with the sword boss in the forest. A wolf....with a blue sword....felt like I was killing Amaterasu in Okami and it brought a tear to my eye. :p The only danger he posed was the double swing he did. Killed me twice with it. Got him on my third try.

Finally badass enough to kill the drakes in the valley of the drakes without it taking 5 minutes each. fairly handily. Passage led to Blighttown...I finally know where it is :p. One shotting everything down there so i'm guessing there is another entrance somewhere that I was supposed to find first. :D

Question.... I still have the souls of the butterfly and wolf. Where do I hand them in for items? Bare in mind, im not good with the names of places so you may have to specific.

Enetered sewers. One shotted everything. Killed Gaping dragon in about 30 seconds........

Come to the conclusion I'm an idiot. Should've been down here ages ago. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Kirby wrote: »
    Enetered sewers. One shotted everything. Killed Gaping dragon in about 30 seconds........

Come to the conclusion I'm an idiot. Should've been down here ages ago. :o

Killed him last night, he was surprisingly easy, the rusty ring helped with moving in the water so it was easy to get behind him. got the axe from his tail, 50 str required to carry, holy sh1t!!!

Did you get cursed down there?

Loving my halberd +7 and magic weapon at the moment.

I have a ring that helps resist curse and Ive been wearing it ages. Havent gotten cursed yet.

I'm assuming the rusty ring helps movement in water? I don't have that. Where'd you get it?

And whats the axe from his tail? Is it one handed or two? I missed that bit. If I leave a summon sign and help other people do the boss can I get that axe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Did you get cursed down there?

I got cursed 3 (THREE) times down there. Was the closest I got to putting the controller through the TV. I then found the shortcut from the bonfire down to the boss area. Really hate those frog baxtards.

Happy days now, farming souls for fun down in the forest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Level 52 now. Using the Black Knight Halberd thing now. The 32 str one.
    Question.... I still have the souls of the butterfly and wolf. Where do I hand them in for items? Bare in mind, im not good with the names of places so you may have to specific.

I hate you all with your Black Knight items. Killed them all (so far) and nothing has dropped for me. As for the souls, they are used to upgrade certain weapons. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/weapons should give you an idea of where to use them.

I spend alot of time in Human form. That could be why I've gotten decent Knight drops. Or you could just be unlucky. :(

I'm assuming the rusty ring helps movement in water? I don't have that. Where'd you get it?

And whats the axe from his tail? Is it one handed or two? I missed that bit. If I leave a summon sign and help other people do the boss can I get that axe?

Back at the asylum, remember the locked door in the asylum?, its behind that.

Just chop at this tail, same as the gargoyle. with 50 str i imagine its 2 handed. As a summon soul you can't collect anything, unless the summoner is kind enough to pick it up and drop it for you.

Ah i see. I dont have the master key. Is there any way of opening that door to get the ring without it?

Yeah I looked it up. great axe. Very slow. Don't use them anyway. I like blocking :p

There's a body with the key on top of the church at the fire shrine, you'll find it on your way to the crows nest anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Apparently its when someone rates one of your messages you get +1 Humanity. I was getting a steady stream of it there when i dropped a message in Sens for a secret wall (Mine was the only message indicating the wall) If you havent put down any messages then yeah, im way wrong. Oh and the view my messages option shows that my messages all have zero +Rates. Word on the street is that its bugged...
    Ah makes sense. I put down a couple of messages the day before. Good incentive for people to leave useful messages although most are still pointless.

I noticed it never went above 1 so you obvioulsy can't build up a collection of them. But every time I restarted at a bonfire I had 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I hear you can't pause this.
    Is it going to demand huge amounts of my time in blocks?

I don't mind putting huge amounts of hours into a game but I do mind not being able to put it down when life calls.

Should I stay away?

Advertisement