Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Haha alas no, haven't attempted again tbh - perhaps I'll try my hand at that now that I'm slightly more powerful! Lost 33000 souls against Sif which obviously could've gone to good use but sure we'll bounce back :p

If you can't get the rolling dowm for sif (I never really could) wait until you have a high enough stability shield and enough stamina to take both hits from his double spin attack without breaking his guard. Then you can just rush him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Haha alas no, haven't attempted again tbh - perhaps I'll try my hand at that now that I'm slightly more powerful! Lost 33000 souls against Sif which obviously could've gone to good use but sure we'll bounce back :p

Lost souls are nothing to worry about, my biggest losses are 200,000 :O Followed by 130,000 :O So don't worry about that.

Just try taking her slow, few hits, back off. Staying at her side is easier than behind her, she won't use her AoE as often. I can't remember what advice we gave already and I don't want to repost it all.

All orientations are made facing Queelags Domain. This is the best path. Leave bonfire, get to land on left of first pillar. Head left until you reach a wall. You'll be on the far left of the arena. Run parallel to the wall, don't turn off it until you reach the hill.

If you stay on the land here you shouldn't get poisoned, saving yourself and estus or two :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sif is a dude...

--edit

oh, right queelag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Chaos Witch Quelaag has been slain! Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Chaos Witch Quelaag has been slain! Huzzah!

I feel like that was a victory for this whole thread :P Congrats!

• Advertisement

I feel like that was a victory for this whole thread :P Congrats!

Right you are! Without all the help I'd still be floundering around in the swamps of Blighttown :p

Now the question is where I'll go next? New Londo ruins? The depths? Demon ruins? (Sounds scary) or the new place that opened after I rang the second bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Right you are! Without all the help I'd still be floundering around in the swamps of Blighttown :p

Now the question is where I'll go next? New Londo ruins? The depths? Demon ruins? (Sounds scary) or the new place that opened after I rang the second bell?

You mean Sens Super Funhouse <3 The entrance is beside the Blacksmith Andre :D
    I hope you've good balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do not go near new londo for the moment , I usually go there after getting the lord vessel, you could try the catacombs if you like bring torches though.

You can only go so far in Demon Ruins at the moment so I'd say keep goin through Sens and on from there.

Actually how did you miss the depths ???? You must have taken the valley to blighttown ?

Surely the Depths to pick up the
    Large Ember

calex71 wrote: »
    Actually how did you miss the depths ???? You must have taken the valley to blighttown ?

Yeah I went through the valley of Drakes; still went through the whole of blight town though...minging place

• Advertisement

Just beat the depths on my first attempt :D hurrah!

So now I've to choose between New Londo (looks scary), Demon ruins (looks scarier) or this fun house place hmmm :p

So now I've to choose between New Londo (looks scary), Demon ruins (looks scarier) or this fun house place hmmm :p

Both are dead ends for you at the moment I think , you will need something to progress beyond certain points in them so they are wasted trips, Sens Fortress is your next stop, though actually you can visit the catacombs too but the area beyond that will also be closed to you at the moment I think too. So yeah Sens funhouse and on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sen's fortress is where you go next, that'll open up the best area (imo) in the game. Its an absolute pain in the balls on first playthroughs though. Shield up every door and hallway the entire place is out to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

what I would give to swap minds with you and play this game for the first time :pac:
    enjoy sens fortress :pac::D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    what I would give to swap minds with you and play this game for the first time :pac:
    enjoy sens fortress :pac::D

Indeed and the 1000's of lucky so and so's who will get to enjoy it afresh now its free on xbox with games with gold.

Oh to be smacked upside the head for the 1st time by the 2 goons at the door to
    Sens
    having 1st lit the bonfire prior to it but not actually sitting at it :eek: So so cruel but I relished every minute of it :D

Enjoy trying to find the bonfire in Sens :P

Enjoy trying to find the bonfire in Sens :P

so evil

so so evil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Might make a start on this tomorrow, seems to have been well received :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Anyone having issues summoning. Can't summon or be summoned at all for some reason :(

so evil

so so evil

Nobody tell him about the first m**** in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sif is a dude...

--edit

oh, right queelag

Felt like a right bastard during that fight, even though he killed me a load of times.

His limping got me in the feels everytime :(.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Felt like a right bastard during that fight, even though he killed me a load of times.

His limping got me in the feels everytime :(.

Did you try fighting him after completing the dlc first?

This needs to happen http://www.qwertee.com/product/dark-souls-bros-of-lordran

Again not associated with them or the design in anyway, but I really want this for the collection :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

derfderf wrote: »
    Did you try fighting him after completing the dlc first?

No, but I did watch that scene on Youtube.

The feels, they were ten times worse.

About to enter Sen's Fortress...:o

Okay so I'm in Sen's Fortress
    Just killed the big demon that shoots lightning at you under the bridge with the swinging blades - shot him with my longbow from the end of the bridge, took 140 or so arrows! It was literally my very last arrow that killed him!

Also my longbow is +5, should I change it to a divine longbow or leave it as it is?

EDIT:
    Just found 2 more of those big lightning demons...great...:P

Okay so I'm in Sen's Fortress
    Just killed the big demon that shoots lightning at you under the bridge with the swinging blades - shot him with my longbow from the end of the bridge, took 140 or so arrows! It was literally my very last arrow that killed him!

Also my longbow is +5, should I change it to a divine longbow or leave it as it is?

EDIT:
    Just found 2 more of those big lightning demons...great...:P

As I was reading the 1st part of your post I was laughing to myself "Just wait til he finds the rest of them :pac:" Classic DS moment :D

Wait are you down at the bottom in the pit ???? Go up!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Wait are you down at the bottom in the pit ???? Go up!!!!! :D

Ha I fell in once but I found the ladder back up so 'sall good, these snake lads are annoying me though!

Also should I be investing much in reinforcing my armour? I level 42 now and I'm wearing a fang boar helm +1, Elite Knight Armour +2, Elite knight guantlets +1 and a crimson waistcloth (which despite being a skirt somehow provides more protection than my elite knight leggings! :D)

Advertisement