Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ha I fell in once but I found the ladder back up so 'sall good, these snake lads are annoying me though!

Also should I be investing much in reinforcing my armour? I level 42 now and I'm wearing a fang boar helm +1, Elite Knight Armour +2, Elite knight guantlets +1 and a crimson waistcloth (which despite being a skirt somehow provides more protection than my elite knight leggings! :D)

Crimson Set is beast! Spend titanite on weapons, and any spares should go towards armour, but it's not a huge deal with armour anyways, you're more likely to change it than weapons.

Leave the longbow as normal, pick up a Longsword and Divine it or get the Straightsword Of Astora
    The huge undead dragon in the Valley of the Drakes
    for The Catacombs afterwards. Only time a divine weapon is useful.

Also, Scumbag Nito hates you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Is noone else having online issues on the 360? No summon signs for hours at a time and when there is they fail, no phantoms wandering or invasions. Its very strange and very quiet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Danonino. wrote: »
    Is noone else having online issues on the 360? No summon signs for hours at a time and when there is they fail, no phantoms wandering or invasions. Its very strange and very quiet...

Would have thought it would have been busier given it went free with games with gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

calex71 wrote: »
    Would have thought it would have been busier given it went free with games with gold.

Nope, anor London lv 47 and not one summon sign. None. Its very strange... and a bit poo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Made it through Sen's house of fun! :D
    Haha had no clue what the hell was going on when those weird naked harpy things took me away! Thought I'd fallen for another one of Sen's traps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Made it through Sen's house of fun! :D
    Haha had no clue what the hell was going on when those weird naked harpy things took me away! Thought I'd fallen for another one of Sen's traps :P

Welcome to the most awesome place in Dark Souls :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I hope you brought lube, no one in anor londo will be kind enough to supply it

I hope you brought lube, no one in anor londo will be kind enough to supply it

especially
    O&S
    or the duo of
    archer knights
    :pac:

archer knights

prepare but hole

• Advertisement

prepare but hole

Think that area is the hump :pac: you need to get over in the game though isn't? I know I had the most problems there, the amount of rage getting passed those 2 alone was unreal that the warmth of that polygon bonfire was almost real :P

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Got my hands on a controller for PC dark souls....100000% better than keyboard and mouse.

Such a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

especially
    O&S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Mountain & The Red Viper :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I'm currently getting my ass kicked by the Capra Demon.

I got this free on games with gold, wasn't sure it would be my sort of thing but I must say its fantastic. Having spent the last few months playing Titanfall, this is a welcome return to a proper game.

Fescue wrote: »

I got this free on games with gold, wasn't sure it would be my sort of thing but I must say its fantastic. Having spent the last few months playing Titanfall, this is a welcome return to a proper game.

Theres a few tricks to beating him , not least the super cheap way of
    throwing dung pies over the fog door at him and waiting for him to just die
    :D

I started a new character and was marching through the early bits even got the asylum demon on the 1st encounter but in all my play throughs I never realised the Taurus demon
    could actually get up the tower after you if you were not quick enough to drop back down on him
    , so much for me thinking I'll have a quick swig of estus :eek:

I started a new character and was marching through the early bits even got the asylum demon on the 1st encounter but in all my play throughs I never realised the Taurus demon
    could actually get up the tower after you if you were not quick enough to drop back down on him
    , so much for me thinking I'll have a quick swig of estus :eek:

I had a great laugh at someones letsplay on youtube when that happened

the scream out of him

Get lighter armor and roll away when he attacks! You'll soon see openings to attack all the time

I had a great laugh at someones letsplay on youtube when that happened

the scream out of him

It's absolutely crazy how I remember this game but didn't recall that being able to happen :D

Also my timing on parries is gone to the dogs , really don't recall using them much if at all on DS2 , playing this again is crazy how much of it I remember down to where stuff is etc, but I couldn't so the same for DS2 even though I put the same amount of time into it etc.

ds2 is so much bigger though, there's so much more to remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got this free on games with gold, really enjoying it so far, about to take on the capra demon now.

One thing that's really creepy - every time you talk to an npc, the way the conversation ends with a weird laugh.... Wtf? It's like they know something horrible is about to happen to you.

Got this free on games with gold, really enjoying it so far, about to take on the capra demon now.

One thing that's really creepy - every time you talk to an npc, the way the conversation ends with a weird laugh.... Wtf? It's like they know something horrible is about to happen to you.

Something horrible is about to happen to you though?

No I'm joking :D tips on the Capra a few posts back of you get stuck

Blighttown is next up for me. I can access it through the Firelink Shrine. Is this the best route or through the depths. Also, any tips for getting through it. Seems like it might be a bit of a slog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Blighttown is next up for me. I can access it through the Firelink Shrine. Is this the best route or through the depths. Also, any tips for getting through it. Seems like it might be a bit of a slog?

I'd say go through the Depths as that was the way the game intended. You can pick up a pretty important ember down there too. It's a bit of a maze but a petty easy area, the boss is very easy once you get his moveset down!

I'd say go through the Depths as that was the way the game intended. You can pick up a pretty important ember down there too.

Cool. I'll give that a bash so.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think everyone should play through Blighttown in it's entirety at least once :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think everyone should play through Blighttown in it's entirety at least once :p

I'm not looking forward to this at all. I'm sure the rest of the game is an enjoyable romp after Blighttown, right?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not looking forward to this at all. I'm sure the rest of the game is an enjoyable romp after Blighttown, right?

It's really not too bad, just bring plenty of purple and blooming purple moss with you and also make sure you get the
    rusted iron ring
    if you want to make it a bit easier.

If you're a DEX character it's also worth doing for getting the Iaito alone.

If you get stuck I have a new character around that part I can help you with, just need to go grab the key to get down there.

Really getting sucked back into this again.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's really not too bad, just bring plenty of purple and blooming purple moss with you and also make sure you get the
    rusted iron ring
    if you want to make it a bit easier.

If you're a DEX character it's also worth doing for getting the Iaito alone.

In the end it was pretty ok. Lots of cool things to collect too. Including the Iaito.

Advertisement