Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How I beat him (If we are talking about the same enemy??);
    Lead him up to the very top of the stairs, he won't follow you outside he will run towards the door and run back, I kind of glitched him to say that every time he ran at me I took a stab at him and then rolled outside the door, repeated this until he was dead

Thing is I did not know you could summon anyone until today :P

I got invaded last night for the first time, frightened the bejaysus out of me.

Yet to happen to me; only reason I turned human is to get more health vial thingies. Think I have 10 instead of 5 now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's a whole other side to the game, some people build characters purely for PvP. It's great craic with all the different covenants designed around it too, since DS is old enough now it's not as active as it should be which is a shame but I highly recommend getting the 2nd game when you're done with this. The online is still in full swing on it and it's great fun, have over 200 hours on my primary Dark Souls 2 character.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Havel :
    he's slow, back stab him !!

Yet to happen to me; only reason I turned human is to get more health vial thingies. Think I have 10 instead of 5 now.

HA! i was the same!
    dont forget to get your estus flask upgraded by the lady locked in the cell under firelink - you'll need a special soul to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Does this thing have the same problem with controller recognition on PC as the first game did?

So today's Dark Souls Blog;:pac::pac::pac:
    I managed to kill the Gargolyes on the Roof and ring the first bell with the help of the guy that you can spawn in while Human
    I also managed to kill the big butterfly kind of thing and collect the loot / Souls. This wasn't as hard as I first thought as I could use my shield and dogde roll most of his attacks

Now I'm attempting to
    ring the second bell and am having trouble with the ghosts in water/ I can't attack them so all I can do is run away

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So today's Dark Souls Blog;:pac::pac::pac:
    I managed to kill the Gargolyes on the Roof and ring the first bell with the help of the guy that you can spawn in while Human
    I also managed to kill the big butterfly kind of thing and collect the loot / Souls. This wasn't as hard as I first thought as I could use my shield and dogde roll most of his attacks

Now I'm attempting to
    ring the second bell and am having trouble with the ghosts in water/ I can't attack them so all I can do is run away

To fight the ghosts:
    you need either to be cursed or use an item called a transient curse.

Also that's not the right direction to ring the second bell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

For second bell you need to pass through the
    Depths
    and move into a new area!

For second ball you need to pass through the
    Depths
    and move into a new area!

Weres that?

• Advertisement

Weres that?

Have you beaten the Capra Demon?

Have you beaten the Capra Demon?

Eh not sure, whats it look like? Im not good at remembering the names of the bosses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Eh not sure, whats it look like? Im not good at remembering the names of the bosses

go to the bridge where the dragon is, open the door on the side of the bridge that you first saw when you just reached the 1 end of the bridge
    then go down the long ladder and just follow the path and you'll be on the right path

LONG WAY AWAY FROM THE 2ND BELL ;) don't go near the ghosts area thats later in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The second bell is at the bottom of blightown, accessed from either valley of the drakes , you you can access from that area with the ghosts you were in if you have the key gift from the start of the game or via the depths which is the more natural but harder route, for reasons which will become apparent very soon even if you go the drakes route.

calex71 wrote: »
    The second bell is at the bottom of blightown, accessed from either valley of the drakes , you you can access from that area with the ghosts you were in if you have the key gift from the start of the game or via the depths which is the more natural but harder route, for reasons which will become apparent very soon even if you go the drakes route.

Holy **** getting killed with one hit when in the valley of the drake

Yeah I'd stay out of there just yet, since it's your first play through you're better off not using the short cut anyway. It's an optional area but there is some good loot, those drakes are very tough enemies.

Check the wiki and see how to get to "Lower Undead Burg".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I'd stay out of there just yet, since it's your first play through you're better off not using the short cut anyway. It's an optional area but there is some good loot, those drakes are very tough enemies.

Check the wiki and see how to get to "Lower Undead Burg".

Or...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Got the Art Book with my PS3 version today! Holy Crap it is absolutely beautiful :O Just about to start a new game :D Uchi here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm really missing owning a ps3 these days I want to start a new DS playthrough :( have my old ps3 hard drive with me so might just buy a refurb or low size hard drive one here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

krudler wrote: »
    I'm really missing owning a ps3 these days I want to start a new DS playthrough :( have my old ps3 hard drive with me so might just buy a refurb or low size hard drive one here.

Putting that HD into a PS3 will do no good - it will need to be formatted to use in your new PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Fascinating video on the combat used in dark souls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXGns-R8KkM

Died in the tower on the way down to the 4 Kings, most humiliating death in about 350 hours of the 3 Souls games. I have literally got killed by a staircase :O

Died in the tower on the way down to the 4 Kings, most humiliating death in about 350 hours of the 3 Souls games. I have literally got killed by a staircase :O

And the worst part is the humiliating trek back from Firelink :pac:

That staircase killed me as many times as O&S and 4K put together :O Once to 4k ;) Now a Dickwraith though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

This game is impossible, I chose the pyromancer, and I'm about lv 60 in but I've beaten very few of the bosses. Feel like I don't know what direction I should be going, I've come across two bosses, one strange butterfly thing on the castle wall, that kicked my ass... and the giant dog like creature, which again kicked my ass.....

There's a shortcut back to them that takes about a minute, just sprint past the Wraiths and chug an Estus half way down the stairs and you're set

This game is impossible, I chose the pyromancer, and I'm about lv 60 in but I've beaten very few of the bosses. Feel like I don't know what direction I should be going, I've come across two bosses, one strange butterfly thing on the castle wall, that kicked my ass... and the giant dog like creature, which again kicked my ass.....

Go back to Firelink Shrine (first area), and go up the stairs along the cliff face, and through the aqueduct and you'll come to a place called Undead Burg. Continue from there :) A new file might be necessary? I'm well past half way through the game and you're a higher level than me

You made it to level 60 without any real progression?! I'd have raged a long time ago :P But yeah you need to head for Undead Burg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The walk of shame :pac: if the walk doesn't kill you the stairs will

• Advertisement

Progress Update: - moonlight butterfly has been slain, as has gasping dragon, going to mess up havel the rock's day later on tonight before I set out for blighttown and the second bell.

was consulting the wiki and stumbled across info regarding the knight lautrec
    is it worth my while killing him now while hes at firelink shrine or should I wait till later to invade his world?

opinions?

Advertisement