Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This game is impossible, I chose the pyromancer, and I'm about lv 60 in but I've beaten very few of the bosses. Feel like I don't know what direction I should be going, I've come across two bosses, one strange butterfly thing on the castle wall, that kicked my ass... and the giant dog like creature, which again kicked my ass.....

the buttefly is easy once you time your rolls, dodge each projectile and let fly with arrows while hes charging. after a while he'll float down so that his head is just sticking over the parapet - time to get busy with your sword. once he starts charging up an attack, get away from him. repeat till death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Progress Update: - moonlight butterfly has been slain, as has gasping dragon, going to mess up havel the rock's day later on tonight before I set out for blighttown and the second bell.

was consulting the wiki and stumbled across info regarding the knight lautrec
    is it worth my while killing him now while hes at firelink shrine or should I wait till later to invade his world?

opinions?

I always found it pretty difficult to kill him in Anor Londo, and the Ring he drops is very handy, so I always kill him immediately. What additional gear does he drop in Anor Londo? Bar his armor?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I'd stay out of there just yet, since it's your first play through you're better off not using the short cut anyway. It's an optional area but there is some good loot, those drakes are very tough enemies.

Check the wiki and see how to get to "Lower Undead Burg".

So yesterday I got to the lower undead burg and I beat the carpa demon and unlocked the basement. After that I got owned....about 30 times by these creatures in it that have my health bar permanetly at half way.

Im foooked rightly now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So yesterday I got to the lower undead burg and I beat the carpa demon and unlocked the basement. After that I got owned....about 30 times by these creatures in it that have my health bar permanetly at half way.

Im foooked rightly now

The frogs? You got cursed :P Make your way back to where you rang the 1st Bell to where the pardoner is, he can sort out your ailments.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So yesterday I beat the carpa demon and unlocked the basement. After that I got owned....about 30 times by these creatures in it that have my health bar permanetly at half way.

Im foooked rightly now

You must have fallen down a hole to the Basilisks? Lizard type things? If your health is stuck at half you've been cursed.

You can buy an object from the guy on the roof of the church where you fought the gargoyles to cure you called a purging stone. i think the merchant inside the aqueduct at Firelink sells them too.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You must have fallen down a hole to the Basilisks? Lizard type things? If your health is stuck at half you've been cursed.

You can buy an object from the guy on the roof of the church where you fought the gargoyles to cure you called a purging stone. i think the merchant inside the aqueduct at Firelink sells them too.

Correct I fell down a hole. Only issue is that Im halfway in the sewers at a bonfire. Getting back to the roof of the church is going to be a nightmare. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I call them frogs because they kinda like them :P
    bloody things first time I saw them I was like ya I'm gonna chop these fools up
    then bam they hit me with some powder stuff then I die and come back with half a life bar I was like what....the....f...... happened :L

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I call them frogs because they kinda like them :P
    bloody things first time I saw them I was like ya I'm gonna chop these fools up
    then bam they hit me with some powder stuff then I die and come back with half a life bar I was like what....the....f...... happened :L

Theres these blobs in the water aswell that frightened the ****e out of me lol

I had me headset on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

AH this is better than the non readers thread in the game of thrones forum, good old googly eyed bastards cursing you :D

Wish I could blank my memory of of dark souls and play it again fresh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

F1ngers wrote: »
    Putting that HD into a PS3 will do no good - it will need to be formatted to use in your new PS3.

Oh boooo I didnt realise, cack anyway, my saves are on psn+ though

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    AH this is better than the non readers thread in the game of thrones forum, good old googly eyed bastards cursing you :D

Wish I could blank my memory of of dark souls and play it again fresh :(

Im embarrassingly late to the party :P

Think if I ever manage to complete it I will be waiting a while to play the sequel.

the buttefly is easy once you time your rolls, dodge each projectile and let fly with arrows while hes charging. after a while he'll float down so that his head is just sticking over the parapet - time to get busy with your sword. once he starts charging up an attack, get away from him. repeat till death.

Yep, exatcly how I beat him. Hes one of more predictable bosses so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Correct I fell down a hole. Only issue is that Im halfway in the sewers at a bonfire. Getting back to the roof of the church is going to be a nightmare. :(

Just run. When you leave the sewers through the door you unlocked go through the other door up the small staircase facing you. Go up the tower and you're just at firelink. Then take the elevator up to the church. Don't touch any bonfires, homeward bone back to the sewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

This game is impossible, I chose the pyromancer, and I'm about lv 60 in but I've beaten very few of the bosses. Feel like I don't know what direction I should be going, I've come across two bosses, one strange butterfly thing on the castle wall, that kicked my ass... and the giant dog like creature, which again kicked my ass.....

The following link contains the name of areas, and a suggested path through them. As such is it VERY minimal in terms of spoilers, but a useful guide for how to progress through the game. I would recommend trying to follow it. http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

Moonlight butterfly you need to wait for it to land. The giant dog like creature sounds like Capra Demon, and he is though, but if you use the stairs and ledge in the area, and quickly take out the two dogs he becomes quite beatable. Even after many play throughs though he still beats me from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The following link contains the name of areas, and a suggested path through them. As such is it VERY minimal in terms of spoilers, but a useful guide for how to progress through the game. I would recommend trying to follow it. http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

Moonlight butterfly you need to wait for it to land. The giant dog like creature sounds like Capra Demon, and he is though, but if you use the stairs and ledge in the area, and quickly take out the two dogs he becomes quite beatable. Even after many play throughs though he still beats me from time to time.

I would have thought Sif? If he was in the Moonlight Butterfly area. Leave Sif alone, he's a good boy :P

4 Lord Souls Obtained. It's funny how quickly you progress through the game after you've beaten it already, I've about 13 hours and I'm ready to finish, I'd say some of these newbs (no offence guys) have double before Anor Londo :D I gave up on my first file at O&S at 56 hours so I know how it feels...

found this armor optimiser too, type in your endurance stat, and what you want your burden to be and it gives you the best possible armor to wear :) www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

*EDIT* Fixed link

4 Lord Souls Obtained. It's funny how quickly you progress through the game after you've beaten it already, I've about 13 hours and I'm ready to finish, I'd say some of these newbs (no offence guys) have double before Anor Londo :D I gave up on my first file at O&S at 56 hours so I know how it feels...

found this armor optimiser too, type in your endurance stat, and what you want your burden to be and it gives you the best possible armor to wear :)www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php?endurance=40&rof=1&loadfactor=25&loadweapons=7.0&ph=0&pt=0&pa=0&pl=0&upgrade=0&s1=0&s2=0&fs=3ffffffffffffffe
    Man I'm loosing my mind in Blightown now, can't get anywhere :(

Man I'm loosing my mind in Blightown now, can't get anywhere :(

How you liking that framerate :pac: part of me thinks they never fixed it and that it's intentional to torture players even more .

How you liking that framerate :pac: part of me thinks they never fixed it and that it's intentional to torture players even more .
    PAINFUL STUFF :(:(:(:(

PAINFUL STUFF :(:(:(:(
    Are you in Upper or Lower Blighttown? Ramparts is upper, swamp is lower. Upper is such a pain, but you'll only ever do it once. Try it backwards someday if you're bored ;)
    Lower is short, and easy with the Rusted Iron Ring

• Advertisement

Are you in Upper or Lower Blighttown? Ramparts is upper, swamp is lower. Upper is such a pain, but you'll only ever do it once. Try it backwards someday if you're bored ;)

Have the rusted iron ring and got to queelag last night. I reckon it's going to take me a good few goes to dispatch her....

Have the rusted iron ring and got to queelag last night. I reckon it's going to take me a good few goes to dispatch her....

Go human and then go outside by the bonfire, and back into the tunnel thing, and you'll get invaded by an NPC Maneater Mildred! You can then summon her for Queelag, and she's a tank

Go human and then go outside by the bonfire, and back into the tunnel thing, and you'll get invaded by an NPC Maneater Mildred! You can then summon her for Queelag, and she's a tank

"Maneater" is a little misleading isn't it, she also loves to chew on fiery spiders :pac:

"Maneater" is a little misleading isn't it, she also loves to chew on fiery spiders :pac:

Maybe it's an Innuendo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

*Nerd Mode Activate :P* I think she is called Maneater Mildred is because she is somehow related to the Butchers in the Depths. The Butchers in the depths are actually women, contrary to their immense physical appearance and when you see the first one they are butchering meat on a table and poor Laurentis is bound in the room beside to probably await a meaty fate. She has the same butchers knife and also the same head wearing sack so I somehow think is one of them but perhaps before going hollow and under-going a huge physical change.

I think it's upper. I rage quit the other day and haven't touched it since....

I think it's upper. I rage quit the other day and haven't touched it since....

I'm not finding it overly frustrating tbh, did have a 'effs sake' the other night when I fell off the scaffold in blighttown, not ten steps away from recovering the 12,000 souls id dropped minutes earlier....

I'm not finding it overly frustrating tbh, did have a 'effs sake' the other night when I fell off the scaffold in blighttown, not ten steps away from recovering the 12,000 souls id dropped minutes earlier....

12,000 becomes chump change in a few hours :D If you dropped less than one levels worth of souls then it's not worth worrying about

12,000 becomes chump change in a few hours :D If you dropped less than one levels worth of souls then it's not worth worrying about

It just annoyed me as I was doing a bit of exploring / soul farming so that I can wield the black knight halberd I have. Im about 2 levels away and it was a case of 'lets see what's up here then head back to the bonfire to level up'.

Massively enjoying it at the same time, I can't explain exactly what's so good about it, but it just seems to have grabbed my attention better than anything I've played in the last year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

It just annoyed me as I was doing a bit of exploring / soul farming so that I can wield the black knight halberd I have. Im about 2 levels away and it was a case of 'lets see what's up here then head back to the bonfire to level up'.

Massively enjoying it at the same time, I can't explain exactly what's so good about it, but it just seems to have grabbed my attention better than anything I've played in the last year or so.

wait until it becomes 400k souls then you have something to be annoyed about :P but I do understand, that 12k souls at an early stage can be a big help
    think you get 30k for queelag

Advertisement