Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I forgot to add, they should realise that Durante (creator of DsFix) is who made the game more enjoyable and accessible for PC Players. Without him and his efforts on DsFix, Dark Souls would never have been as popular as it was on PC. They quite liteally, owe him for what his mod added to Dark Souls on PC. Without the mod he implemented, Namco wouldn't have realised the tapped market of PC players.

His DScFix also helped many players (including myself) summon friends easier. Before he created the fix it would take me and a mate almost almost 90 minutes to summon each other. His fix allowed to summon friends instantly.

Very short sighted of Namco to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cravez wrote: »
    I forgot to add, they should realise that Durante (creator of DsFix) is who made the game more enjoyable and accessible for PC Players. Without him and his efforts on DsFix, Dark Souls would never have been as popular as it was on PC. They quite liteally, owe him for what his mod added to Dark Souls on PC. Without the mod he implemented, Namco wouldn't have realised the tapped market of PC players.

His DScFix also helped many players (including myself) summon friends easier. Before he created the fix it would take me and a mate almost almost 90 minutes to summon each other. His fix allowed to summon friends instantly.

Thats nuts, you'd think they'd be offering fellas like him a job. and why wait until now? I'd say something if he was charging for it.
    next thing they'll be making copyright claims against youtubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Also another point, it was his DsFix is what got me re-playing Dark Souls in the first place. I originally played the unmodded version, got to Undead Burg and shelved it for nearly half a year. Reading about the DsFix and the improvements encouraged me to go back and play the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,370 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure this is a case of Bamco's lawyer brigade being overzealous. Lawyers for these kind of firms aren't getting paid unless they are working and finding bull**** like this gets them more hours they can charge for. Hopefully management sort it out and give them a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cravez wrote: »

That is crazy, some companies don't know how lucky they would be to have people like him working for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

UPDATE: Unconfirmed reports indicate this was a mistake on Bandai Namco's part.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-23-bandai-namco-blocks-access-to-durantes-dark-souls-pc-mod

Finally got to put in a few hours tonight. Managed to get through the dukes archives and all the way to seath. Them feckin clam yolks were wrecking my evening until I realised you could run past them. Seath was a bit of a let down after. Another boss where the tactic was 'get in close and wail away until he's dead'. started into new London ruins now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Finally got to put in a few hours tonight. Managed to get through the dukes archives and all the way to seath. Them feckin clam yolks were wrecking my evening until I realised you could run past them. Seath was a bit of a let down after. Another boss where the tactic was 'get in close and wail away until he's dead'. started into new London ruins now .

your almost there then.

your almost there then.

I dunno about that - I never finished demon ruins or lost izilath yet. do i have to clear out every area to finish the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I dunno about that - I never finished demon ruins or lost izilath yet. do i have to clear out every area to finish the game?

Not every area, you need to defeat The Bed of Chaos, Nito, The Four Kings and Seath to get to the final boss

4 Kings come after New Londo Ruins, Bed of Chaos after Lost Izalith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Defeated the 4 kings last night and decided to try things I had left behind like take on the hellkite dragon:(. What a mistake that F**k*r is crazy hard cant count the amount of times he has killed me. Gave up on that and decided to take on gwydoline (I will have to invest in upgradeing my magic defence) he is kicking my ass also. Got as far as the fog-gate in the demon ruins (using an awful amount of posion arrows on the tauras demons). I think I must be near the end of the game after defeating the 4 kings find out later tonight.

p38 wrote: »
    Defeated the 4 kings last night and decided to try things I had left behind like take on the hellkite dragon:(. What a mistake that F**k*r is crazy hard cant count the amount of times he has killed me. Gave up on that and decided to take on gwydoline (I will have to invest in upgradeing my magic defence) he is kicking my ass also. Got as far as the fog-gate in the demon ruins (using an awful amount of posion arrows on the tauras demons). I think I must be near the end of the game after defeating the 4 kings find out later tonight.

I keep thinking of areas I want to back to, places where I used to get my arse handed to me when I was 30 levels lower. The valley of the drakes is one that springs to mind immediately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

The dragon is just a hassle to beat legit. It regenerates health and sooner or later, it's just going to fly up in the air and flame you.

Either whale on it from a distance with a bow, or stab it through the wall from behind

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrew18

a bit scary, isnt it? :)

That Dragon and Artorias are the only enemies I had to switch up my fighting style for with my light-dex build.
    Had to drop a +15 Uchigatana and a mix of armor sets, physically biased at 25% to a Fire biased 50%, two handing a crystal halberd.

Artorias was worth it. Fvck the dragon.

:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:( My emotions right now I just beat Dark Souls, I guess between everthing its taking me the best part of 2 years:eek: to finish the game. Gwyn lord of cinder was wrecking my head but I finally put him down. Probably a B**tch way to do it but I went round and round one of the rocks hitting him when i could. It was like the old scooby doo cartoons where you just keep running in circles:o. Now to start the Witcher 2 and then on to Dark Souls 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:(:D:( My emotions right now I just beat Dark Souls, I guess between everthing its taking me the best part of 2 years:eek: to finish the game. Gwyn lord of cinder was wrecking my head but I finally put him down. Probably a B**tch way to do it but I went round and round one of the rocks hitting him when i could. It was like the old scooby doo cartoons where you just keep running in circles:o. Now to start the Witcher 2 and then on to Dark Souls 2.
    you know what time it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v9ny0HT1gQg

well done dude! I was hoping I'd get done before you but fates conspired against me over christmas and I didnt get to sink as much time as i wanted. Well done!

If you're anything like me you'll hate the Witcher 2's combat... Its such a drawl!

Congratulations on beating Gwyn though! Such a sense of achievement afterwards eh?

Thanks for all the congrats. Know what you mean about the Witchers combat dipped into it about 3-4 months ago and found myself trying to backstab all the time:rolleyes:. Gonna take awhile to forget Darksouls controls maybe I should just go straight to Dark souls 2. I see there is a thread for Dark souls 2 now i can b**ch and moan on that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Thanks for all the congrats. Know what you mean about the Witchers combat dipped into it about 3-4 months ago and found myself trying to backstab all the time:rolleyes:. Gonna take awhile to forget Darksouls controls maybe I should just go straight to Dark souls 2. I see there is a thread for Dark souls 2 now i can b**ch and moan on that:D
    Dark Souls is the masterpiece of the 3 games so far. Dark Souls 2 has a lot of very unfair bit (ala Archers in Anor Londo). The Iron Keep comes to mind

I've beaten DS2 at SL1, and I'm fairly close to it in the first game, yet in the Witcher, after playing for 3 solid weeks, I had to put it into easy mode and cheese the healing mechanics to finish the last few levels, it just became so stupidly one-sided... Other than that its an excellent game though, don't get me wrong!

If you've a next gen console, or are getting one you may be better off waiting for Dark Souls: Scholar of the First Sin, its basically Dark Souls 2 GOTY Edition with better graphics!

Theres always Demons Souls if you really want to hate a video game :p

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Dark Souls is the masterpiece of the 3 games so far. Dark Souls 2 has a lot of very unfair bit (ala Archers in Anor Londo). The Iron Keep comes to mind

Great something to look forward too I must relearn the moves for my RAGE dance and curse song I preformed everytime the Archers in Anor Londo killed me.

I've beaten DS2 at SL1, and I'm fairly close to it in the first game, yet in the Witcher, after playing for 3 solid weeks, I had to put it into easy mode and cheese the healing mechanics to finish the last few levels, it just became so stupidly one-sided... Other than that its an excellent game though, don't get me wrong!

If you've a next gen console, or are getting one you may be better off waiting for Dark Souls: Scholar of the First Sin, its basically Dark Souls 2 GOTY Edition with better graphics!

Theres always Demons Souls if you really want to hate a video game :p

Only have a 360 but was toying with the idea of getting ps3 just for Demon Souls

Those guys are close enough to be killed with arrows or spells in fairness :p

The Shrine though. fvck The Shrine.

Is the DLC for Dark souls worth playing am I missing out on much.

Is the DLC for Dark souls worth playing am I missing out on much.

It's very, very good. 3 of the best boss fights in the game, and some very interesting new lore. Plus its about Artorias. Who doesn't love Artorias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Also worth bearing in mind you have to progress the game to a point to access it, needs access to Dukes archive if I recall then back to the garden wasn't it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

calex71 wrote: »
    Also worth bearing in mind you have to progress the game to a point to access it, needs access to Dukes archive if I recall then back to the garden wasn't it ???
    Yup, you need a pendant then back to Darkroot Basin, around the edge of the Waterfall, kill a crystal guardian and then through the portal (the last boss, Manus, is the one who drags you in). The DLC is very good, even if they first few minutes are massively demanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

There's nowhere particularly cheap in DS2 compared to the first one

Anor Londo archers, Tomb of the Giants, skeleton wheels in the Painted World
    :mad:

In DS2, there's the stupid magic spammers in the Shrine of Amana, but they can be sniped before they aggro.
    The poison statues are annoying, but they aren't going to kill you over and over.
    Other than that, I can't think of anything really unfair.
    The hardest/cheapest parts for me was trying to dropping onto platforms without either missing completely or rolling off to your death.

Advertisement