Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

In the catacombs now. Nearly made it all the way to blacksmith but died to the wheely skeletons. also missed 2nd bonfire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

sweetie wrote: »
    In the catacombs now. Nearly made it all the way to blacksmith but died to the wheely skeletons. also missed 2nd bonfire :(

But that death has made you stronger.. there is a shortcut where you end up on a ledge where you can summon an npc to help beat pin wheel.

daUbiq wrote:
    But that death has made you stronger.. there is a shortcut where you end up on a ledge where you can summon an npc to help beat pin wheel.

Ah yeah, just annoyed I didn't find the bonfire. Don't mind dying.

Finally finished off Sif and the Hydra last night. Took on the golem beside the hydra and as I killed it I managed to also kill the npc Dusk, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally finished off Sif and the Hydra last night. Took on the golem beside the hydra and as I killed it I managed to also kill the npc Dusk, doh!

just as a matter of interest, how are you accidentally killing the NPC's? I was all out to kill the enemies, I didnt notice any situations where a hit would go astray and kill a bystander.

• Advertisement

just as a matter of interest, how are you accidentally killing the NPC's? I was all out to kill the enemies, I didnt notice any situations where a hit would go astray and kill a bystander.

I was hacking away at the Golem, he dies and was replaced by the npc but my frenzy of hits continued one more time and killed Dusk! This is the first time it happened to me (by accident) so far in the game, i've read about it happening to others in the thread.

I was hacking away at the Golem, he dies and was replaced by the npc but my frenzy of hits continued one more time and killed Dusk! This is the first time it happened to me (by accident) so far in the game, i've read about it happening to others in the thread.

Sorry i thought you were after killing big hat logan as well!

Forgot about him, I only aggravated him, could make him friendly again if I wanted but decided to kill him. Dusk died with one hit claymore +11!

This game is gas! Got summoned for Seath and as we got to the clams yer man falls off the walkway. I then summoned a fella for Seath and got cursed during the fight very close to the end. Purged myself and as he was asking me to trade for stuff I decide to try Seath solo and got him easily the next time. Four kings tonight (hopefully) and then back to the tomb of the giants which I am sooo looking fwd to.

This game is gas! Got summoned for Seath and as we got to the clams yer man falls off the walkway. I then summoned a fella for Seath and got cursed during the fight very close to the end. Purged myself and as he was asking me to trade for stuff I decide to try Seath solo and got him easily the next time. Four kings tonight (hopefully) and then back to the tomb of the giants which I am sooo looking fwd to.

nicely done, I found seath pretty handy as well, just a case of getting in close and wailing away. I didnt like the crystal caverns though.

have you done the dukes archives yet?

• Advertisement

Tomb of the giants done. Didn't find it too bad at all with the skull lantern, took a few runs to the first lamp, never found the second and a few more runs got me to the bottom and i managed to kill Nito first time. Off to ceaseless discharge with me.

nicely done, I found seath pretty handy as well, just a case of getting in close and wailing away. I didnt like the crystal caverns though.

have you done the dukes archives yet?

Wouldn't he not have had to go through Dukes to get to Seath :confused:

Wouldn't he not have had to go through Dukes to get to Seath

Yeah I did dukes

I'm finding the catacombs rather frustrating. Those wizards that respawn the skeletons have to be rushed and I usually die once I kill them.

I'm finding the catacombs rather frustrating. Those wizards that respawn the skeletons have to be rushed and I usually die once I kill them.

Divine weapon will stop the necromancer respawning the skeletons when they are killed, necromancers themselves don't respawn once killed as far as I know.

Wouldn't he not have had to go through Dukes to get to Seath :confused:

You're dead right, Id forgotten about that as I'd taken a few long breaks during my playthrough when i encountered sections that i couldnt seemingly get through.

@ Sweetie - you're well on your way to finishing now, you'll surely wrap it up over the long weekend?

You're dead right, Id forgotten about that as I'd taken a few long breaks during my playthrough when i encountered sections that i couldnt seemingly get through.

@ Sweetie - you're well on your way to finishing now, you'll surely wrap it up over the long weekend?

I guess I have the 4 kings and Ceasless discharge to get past then another boss (4th lord soul) and the final boss? I'm away the weekend but could probably do with the break. Definitely it's gotten easier since O&S, the only other bosses I summoned for were the gargoyles, queelag and gaping dragon.
    80+ hrs on it now so I've taken my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Divine weapon will stop the necromancer respawning the skeletons when they are killed, necromancers themselves don't respawn once killed as far as I know.

You can downgrade the occult club from anor Londo to a divine club if you don't have a divine weapon or use a silver knight spear if one dropped for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Noes, that means no DLC on that playthrough. :( To get the pendant to drop you need talk to her and answer 'Yes' when asked to help her.

Noes, that means no DLC on that playthrough. :( To get the pendant to drop you need talk to her and answer 'Yes' when asked to help her.

not that bothered on this playthrough as I havent the dlc on xbox. Got the steam version of prepare to die so I can do it on that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've just been slowly picking them all off. Getting a divine weapon sounds too complicated.

Yeah I've just been slowly picking them all off. Getting a divine weapon sounds too complicated.

I happened to have the club like daUbiq says and it made it a lot easier

Four kings done last night on first go - Havel's armour and fire resin on my claymore, pretty intense. Then got my arse handed to me repeatedly by the Stray demon. :)

Four kings done last night on first go - Havel's armour and fire resin on my claymore, pretty intense. Then got my arse handed to me repeatedly by the Stray demon. :)

Nice, I didnt do to badly with the stray demon, but his counterpart, the firesage demon treated me so badly, i took a two month frustration break from the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can always kick the firesages ass, stray wrecks me! Using bleed weapons on them is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So I started this for the first time last night. I died. I then died some more, switched it off and went to bed wearing my 'I Hate Video Games' pyjamas. I gave it another bash today and beat the Asylum Demon after multiple attempts. That small moment of elation was worth the effort.

4488876837_8d3da2423a_m.jpg

Only problem is I never picked up his weapon! :( I hope I don't regret that later on. I didn't get too far beyond that but I found a bonfire on top of a castle wall surrounded by enemies so it will be a good place to practice my combat without losing progress.

Jumping into this after playing The Witcher 3 for the last week really shows how lumpy the Witcher's controls are. DS definitely feels more intuitive and natural. It's also far less overwhelming despite the difficulty. I'm betting I won't be skilled enough to come close to beating the game but I'll definitely enjoy it while it lasts. I'll look forward to diving into Bloodborne in the future too.

Its not that hard

You have to beat him on the first time of asking to get the weapon, and it sucks anyways. Once you get the combat down you're grand, explore like a madman to find shortcuts, and don't bother hanging around to practise combat because you'll get bored.

What console are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Its not that hard

You have to beat him on the first time of asking to get the weapon, and it sucks anyways. Once you get the combat down you're grand, explore like a madman to find shortcuts, and don't bother hanging around to practise combat because you'll get bored.

What console are you on?

Ah, well I definitely wouldn't have got it then! I'm playing on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I didn't get too far beyond that but I found a bonfire on top of a castle wall surrounded by enemies so it will be a good place to practice my combat without losing progress.
    On my first playthrough I spent a good bit of time there levelling up. You're not too far from the next boss who's much harder than the Asylum Demon.

Keep your armour light (<25%) and get used to rolling to avoid enemy attacks. Once you have that sorted you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

I'm on PS3 too, Pm your username if you want a hand. Might have to wait until after this pesky leaving cert before I can get a good session in, but I'd say I'd be able to catch up to you in a few minutes. Might have an early game char already

Advertisement