Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Worst boss in the game.

That's an interesting point for discussion.

Been a few years since I fought him, but I'd call-out the Centipede Demon as my least-favourite boss. I found it difficult to fight due to the camera-issues, disliked the arena, and overall it just felt unfair and pointless. Lots of dying due to reasons beyond your control. Too much is left to chance.

I like Moonlight Butterfly, the soundtrack is great, it looks fantastic, and it's attacks are learnable, which makes it a fight you can learn and get good at. It's boring, mechanics-wise, for sure.

(I've seen every boss other than Manus, Kalameet and Gwyn)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Worst boss in the game. You can also summon someone at the bottom..an NPC...and they solo kill it for you.

Can see why people think that. Did I imagine it or was the music playing during it the same as when you fight Aldrich in 3?

ETA 1. Just being doing Capra again. Down to half health, best so far. Hit back on controller and started moving forward. Argh. No way am I paying €30 for new controller when console was only €40.

ETA 2.That fcuking Capra fight is a load of bollocks. Keeps getting me in a corner and I can't get out. Crap place for a Boss fight. Tempted to do the sh!t trick.

ETA 3. Die ya bastard woo hoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Really making me plug back in the Xbox and play DS1 again.

Started with DS2 and finished DS3. Got to Blightown in DS1 and just stopped. Think I might have been Souled Out at that stage though.

Daith wrote: »

Started with DS2 and finished DS3. Got to Blightown in DS1 and just stopped. Think I might have been Souled Out at that stage though.

Do it! I've not played since DS2 came out, and the return is very welcome.

This is my second character, dex build, just got to the archers in Anor Londo and having a ball. Despite zero online traffic (pc), which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jaysus you fellas love your cheese ey?

• Advertisement

Didn't cheese it in the end. Found the ledge and just dropped him three or four times. Was getting frustrated though.

Do it! Much better when someone else is playing. I finished 2 and 3 in recent months also. 1 seems much harder and it's still early so going forward with a sense of dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I beat him legit on my first playthrough, but it was very nearly the point where I gave up on the game for good, I had died so often, luckily the game had its hooks in deep enough to make me persevere.

In fairness, The game is so well designed for you to approach situations with different techniques, I wouldn't look down on anyone who flings dung over the wall to kill the b@stard.

I'm only messing, don't mean to be condescending.

Sure I tried killing Manus with arrows a few times myself :D

First time I did Father Gazza in Bloodborne I cheesed it. The next time I fought him properly, parrying and everything and got such a rush I swore I would never cheese again. Came close with Capra, and probably would have done the dung or firebombs outside if I hadn't beat him by tonight. Didn't come to that thankfully :P

• Advertisement

I'm only messing, don't mean to be condescending.

Sure I tried killing Manus with arrows a few times myself :D

nah dude its all good, you gave me plenty good advice on my first playthrough when I hadnt a notion. :cool:

this thread is still one of my favourite on boards. its like no-one unsubscribes, we just wait for more fresh meat to help through the grinder:D

:mad: curse blowing frog things. Health penalty is harsh.

To heal
    head to the first bell tower, by the gargoyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OOOOhhhh we all know what area is coming up next. Fun times ahead ! :D

Also...now that you're at least up to this point. Enjoy this video.
    He has ones for other areas...but DON'T watch unless you've played them yourself.

For everyone else...they've prob seen it, if not...enjoy again.
    Best souls video series ever ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

OOOOhhhh we all know what area is coming up next. Fun times ahead ! :D

I really hate that enemy
    the fcuking frame-rate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

this thread is still one of my favourite on boards. its like no-one unsubscribes, we just wait for more fresh meat to help through the grinder:D

indeed it is, love you guys :o

You know what,
    I'm sat here bored...lookin at my PC and PS4 for games to play.
    I bought a PS4 for FF15, still not played it.
    I also have Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Resi 7, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, Bloodborne loaded onto it too and not finished any of em.
    On PC I've countless games screaming out for me to 'try' them even..

But I'm gonna start a new playthrough of DS1 instead ! :D

Actually no I'm not.
    I just loaded up my game to see where I stopped...not sure if it was NG+2 or a new game or what.
    But it
    was the long road to Gwyn.
    Ran down it a few times...tried to parry him...my timings are a bit off after a year or so hiatus.

Then I started trying to think about my last playthrough...and
    I remember Ornstein and Smough...and noone on PC so noone to summon, so it took forever to solo them, and the poxy 4 Kings fight...and I wasn't sure if I was ready for that again...I remember being furious in my most recent run
    (I have completed the game multiple times)

I think I'll just try finish the part I'm at and maybe come back to it another time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I started a new run recently as i've never played the DLC. I'm at the gargoyles and whilst it's aged a bit compared to DS3 its still so good.

Started a new run myself the other day, got the gargoyles done.

Been a while since I last played it certainly it was prior to DS3 coming out definitely has the hardest first few section of the Souls games.

• Advertisement

Last night, I managed to drop 30k souls and 2 humanity on the bridge just outside Sen's. Now I have to get back there from the bonfire under Anor Londo, on foot :(

All because I couldn't resist trying to parry that last Snake dude. All I had to do was run to the bonfire...

That's what, 2 or 3 levels? I'd just move on tbh, not worth the hassle of redoing Sens imo

Kicking myself! I may try getting back to my stain for the challenge :) (edit - I failed)

The run through Anor Londo parrying knights is the most zen part of the game for me. Meditative

Right after the archers? I love that section too, same reasons as yourself, parry parry parry:D

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I only found it and it's fascinating

3d map viewer .zip download

I'm not a gamer so I can't say if this is unusual for this genre of game, but the interconnected world is so well crafted.

I find the positioning of New Londo especially odd, in relation to the catacombs and tomb of giants.

Great resource!

So I've done fired up the XBox again. Finished off Blighttown and heading to Sen's fortress.

beans wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I only found it and it's fascinating

3d map viewer .zip download

I'm not a gamer so I can't say if this is unusual for this genre of game, but the interconnected world is so well crafted.

I find the positioning of New Londo especially odd, in relation to the catacombs and tomb of giants.

Great resource!

You might like this painting then

9LcW5hK.png

MUCH BIGGER and more detailed image here, with 2 missing areas.
    http://www.tettix.net/lordran/lordran.html

Made it to Anor Londo. I can only imagine the impact it had on players when Dark Souls was first released.

Made it to Anor Londo. I can only imagine the impact it had on players when Dark Souls was first released.

you're about to feel an even bigger impact soon.....

• Advertisement

you're about to feel an even bigger impact soon.....

Prob worth streaming and recording :P

Advertisement