Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I really should go back and finish this, just at Anor Londo too. I also Have Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin edition and Bloodbourne with all the DLC.

Only problem is I now have a 3 week old. I cannot see newborns and "can't pause playing Dark Souls" working well together! :D

I'll wait another while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really should go back and finish this, just at Anor Londo too. I also Have Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin edition and Bloodbourne with all the DLC.

Only problem is I now have a 3 week old. I cannot see newborns and "can't pause playing Dark Souls" working well together! :D

I'll wait another while. :)

3 week olds sleep for 3 to 4 hours at a time, you'll never get time to game like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I really hate that enemy
    the fcuking frame-rate

Man I see what you mean. I have never ever experienced such slow down as I did in Blightown. It was horrible. In the end I just ran through it, didn't bother collecting anything. I'm surprised they didn't fix that, it's almost game breaking.

Sens fortress almost made me cry. I had never felt such relief being knocked off a roof only to land on a bonfire. I have arrived in Anor Londo.

WTF like. How are you supposed to do Anor Londo without getting knocked off the runway by those huge arrows. I've read people parry them but how do you get that close without getting shot off?

Also, I did the painted world but when I went into what I presume was the Boss she told me to jump off a platform. I went to have a look around the room and jumped off in a cutscene. Presume I should have aggroed her?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah you need to aggro that boss.

As for the arrows. Just run. When you get to the two bellends firing at you, you need to be careful as the one you aren't attacking likes to stick an arrow up your ass and knock you off while you deal with his friend. Just time your rolls to avoid his arrows.

After that you've got another sticking point coming up, but it's one of the best in the entire series :D

WTF like. How are you supposed to do Anor Londo without getting knocked off the runway by those huge arrows. I've read people parry them but how do you get that close without getting shot off?

Also, I did the painted world but when I went into what I presume was the Boss she told me to jump off a platform. I went to have a look around the room and jumped off in a cutscene. Presume I should have aggroed her?

its best to strip down to your jocks for that bit, run like mad, and roll forward to avoid the arrows. When you get close, they'll stop shooting and switch to melee. If you can get around them or knock them off, do that, then just keep running till you find a bonfire. (it'll be on the left)

Thanks lads. Am at the bonfire now. I had been afraid to roll on case I fell off but worked a treat. Solaire thinks I have feelings for him haha!

Are you hollow or human running around there? Likely dead online now but it used to be a notorious ganking spot. I remember one time hiding inside after my 3rd invasion and just left the controller and went and had lunch came back and the same guy was still looking for me, dropped on him from above as he came down the steps at the main entrance, some of the messages I got were not very nice :D

Are you hollow or human running around there? Likely dead online now but it used to be a notorious ganking spot. I remember one time hiding inside after my 3rd invasion and just left the controller and went and had lunch came back and the same guy was still looking for me, dropped on him from above as he came down the steps at the main entrance, some of the messages I got were not very nice :D

Hollow, I don't last human for long ha. Just started Ornstein and Smough. First time in I lasted 2 seconds or there abouts. I was in awe at the two legends of Souls and they came at me much quicker than I expected them to. Second time I got about 2cm of the skinny ones health down (Ornstein???).

It actually seems to still have a good few people playing. I was playing in the depths and summoned someone the other day for the laugh. There were quite a few summon signs at the bonfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ornstein is indeed the small one
    You can summon Solaire too, below the archer in the hall

I think most of the players now are hackers/cheaters or twinks

I summoned someone in an SL4 run for O&S, he basically solo'd them in about 15 seconds using melee only, was taking off over 20% of their health bar a swipe. Impossible at level 15.

Ornstein is indeed the small one
    You can summon Solaire too, below the archer in the hall

I think most of the players now are hackers/cheaters or twinks

I summoned someone in an SL4 run for O&S, he basically solo'd them in about 15 seconds using melee only, was taking off over 20% of their health bar a swipe. Impossible at level 15.

Hackers on PS3? You need to be careful with them fcukers, people have been banned as a result of hackers invading them. Think they pick up loot or something that's been dropped and modded and Bandai Namco has been banning the folk who just want to play the game instead of the hackers. Seems mad but nowt surprises me nowadays.

Anyway, can't see myself beating this pair. Too quick. And the run to it means I use a few estus (mainly the big things outside that have an aoe effect that inevitably hits me, the silver knights are grand).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Anyway, can't see myself beating this pair. Too quick. And the run to it means I use a few estus (mainly the big things outside that have an aoe effect that inevitably hits me, the silver knights are grand).

What bonfire are you starting the run from? I can get to the fog gate without fighting anyone and with full health.

Stuck there at the mo, can kill one of them but then get flayed by whichever one goes hyper! It's a great fight, hard but reasonable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hackers on PS3? You need to be careful with them fcukers, people have been banned as a result of hackers invading them. Think they pick up loot or something that's been dropped and modded and Bandai Namco has been banning the folk who just want to play the game instead of the hackers. Seems mad but nowt surprises me nowadays.

Keep at it, it's worth it. It's best to kite them, pull them away from each other then get a few slaps in. When one goes hyper it actually gets easier. Rolling towards them to avoid attacks works on a lot of their attacks. If you are not looking for specific fight rewards it's best to kill Ornstein first. His hyper mode is much harder and being faster he is easier to kite away from smough.

Once you beat those two the game gets a bit easier... unless you go for the DLC, and why shouldn't you, it's amazing.

beans wrote: »
    What bonfire are you starting the run from? I can get to the fog gate without fighting anyone and with full health.

Stuck there at the mo, can kill one of them but then get flayed by whichever one goes hyper! It's a great fight, hard but reasonable.

I was running from the one in the room just after the archers. I summoned a dude and he slaughtered them in a few minutes. I'm actually disgusted after it, I was not expecting that. It's like Digital Solitude said above, he was taking off a quarter health at a time only doing spells not melee. Don't think I'll summon again. It was frustrating but would have been amazing if I beat them. I'm missing that feeling you get after a boss fight, I just feel flat.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Keep at it, it's worth it. It's best to kite them, pull them away from each other then get a few slaps in. When one goes hyper it actually gets easier. Rolling towards them to avoid attacks works on a lot of their attacks. If you are not looking for specific fight rewards it's best to kill Ornstein first. His hyper mode is much harder and being faster he is easier to kite away from smough.

Once you beat those two the game gets a bit easier... unless you go for the DLC, and why shouldn't you, it's amazing.

Thanks man, I'll have to do another run or NG+ and take your advice into account.

O&S are infamous for a reason.

For future, its easier to run from the first Anor Londo bonfire, the one with the fire keeper. You get 10 Estus without kindling and I'm pretty sure it's actually a shorter route than the Sunlight Tomb thing.

Were they using pyromancy? It's what O&S are weak to. A player with high ATT and a +15 Glove will just annihilate O&S, it's how I SL1'd them. So it may not have been a hacker, I didn't realise you were on PS3.

O&S are infamous for a reason.

For future, its easier to run from the first Anor Londo bonfire, the one with the fire keeper. You get 10 Estus without kindling and I'm pretty sure it's actually a shorter route than the Sunlight Tomb thing.

Were they using pyromancy? It's what O&S are weak to. A player with high ATT and a +15 Glove will just annihilate O&S, it's how I SL1'd them. So it may not have been a hacker, I didn't realise you were on PS3.

Not sure what the spell was. Thought it sorcery but maybe not. Was a huge grey black thing.

Skeleton wheels as big a pain as ever.

If that's in the Painted World, I found kiting them out with arrows and handling them one at a time made them super-manageable this time around :)

beans wrote: »
    If that's in the Painted World, I found kiting them out with arrows and handling them one at a time made them super-manageable this time around :)

Not painted world it was in
    The Catacombs, down near the Blacksmith. There's loads of them. I thought I'd killed them all after killing 5 or 6 of them but there was probably another 6 hiding.

• Advertisement

Not sure what the spell was. Thought it sorcery but maybe not. Was a huge grey black thing.

That's a Hex then, pyromancies are red.

Hexes are pretty strong, possible he had loopy FTH and INT, what level are ya?

That's a Hex then, pyromancies are red.

Hexes are pretty strong, possible he had loopy FTH and INT, what level are ya?

I'm up about level 57. Reckon that's enough for the damage caused? I'm not joking, I couldn't believe the speed their health went down. Think I got 2 hits in and that was it.

It could be a crazy min max build. There's a few insanely powerful builds you can make to output stupid damage.

I'm only after soloing Ornstein and Smough. I cannot fcuking believe it. I thought it was impossible weeks ago when I first encountered them but that coop session was a let down despite progressing the game so had to try myself. What a feeling. Chuffed I am. Ha!

I'm a lower level than last time and everything. Wow. Naked 2 handed great club is magic.

I'm only after soloing Ornstein and Smough

Nice one! That's my current project - dex run with BalderSideSword / Furysword. 15 tries and I've been able to kill Ornstein twice, only to be smooshed. I don't have a handle on SuperSmough at all. It's such an exciting fight.

At the same time I'm fighting Aldrich in 3, so the symmetry is quite nice!

I'm only after soloing Ornstein and Smough. I cannot fcuking believe it. I thought it was impossible weeks ago when I first encountered them but that coop session was a let down despite progressing the game so had to try myself. What a feeling. Chuffed I am. Ha!

I'm a lower level than last time and everything. Wow. Naked 2 handed great club is magic.

fair play, you'll handle everything the game can throw at you now. I'll be interested to see your thoughts on the back half of the game.

It was immensely satisfying lads. I reckon the problem I had before was my build. I restarted the game again on Tuesday and went with a strength build this time. The great club +9 was dishing out 500+ damage per charged R2.

Beans go in to the arena in your jocks and two hand your weapon you should be fine.

SD4E - I'd say I'll see it through to completion this time around. Have Prepare to Die edition so DLC to go also. Do you think I'm half way or under?

It was immensely satisfying lads. I reckon the problem I had before was my build. I restarted the game again on Tuesday and went with a strength build this time. The great club +9 was dishing out 500+ damage per charged R2.

Beans go in to the arena in your jocks and two hand your weapon you should be fine.

SD4E - I'd say I'll see it through to completion this time around. Have Prepare to Die edition so DLC to go also. Do you think I'm half way or under?

I'd consider it halfway myself possibly just over, depending on whether or not you hit the painted world, it was certainly the more memorable half for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Always aimed more for the Uchigatana DEX build for DS1, that was stupidly overpowered.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Always aimed more for the Uchigatana DEX build for DS1, that was stupidly overpowered.

My favourite dex weapon is the Painting Guardian Sword, aesthetically

Advertisement