Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Sony owning the IP will do that.

Why can't everyone share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

As a PC player you'd still be disappointed, if Demons Souls is remastered it'll be on PS4 and nowhere else

I have a PS4, just never use it since i have a PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Owners of DS1 on Steam can get the remaster with 50% off.

Source in the link:
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-remastered/dark-souls-remastered-release-date-trailer-changes

"If you already own Dark Souls on Steam, you’ll be able to get the new Remastered version for half-off, according to a Bandai Namco store listing that went live earlier today. It said there would be a “50% loyalty discount reward for PC upgrades on Steam.”"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Apparently that steam discount text has been removed from Namcos US site.

Price being quoted is $40. What's that, about €35?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently that steam discount text has been removed from Namcos US site.

Price being quoted is $40. What's that, about €35?

It is about €35 but they won't charge that. Currency differences mean nothing to game companies so it'll be €40 too.

Blizzard are charging €£$4.99 for those new league tokens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Looking forward to this. Had completed the original not too long ago following an odd DS2-Bloodbourne-DS3-DS1 route.

Consistent frame rate and updated graphics would do fine for me but I can see why others would like a remix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A DS2 style NG+ would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Ya, and even if they went down the route of Scholar of the First Sin and added extra enemies, I wouldn't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Oh yes! Was a bit disappointing it went straight into New Game. Wanted to play around with my powerful character for a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I pretty much paid 450 euros for Bloodborne since the PS4 is useless for anything else. What's another 450?

Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

weiland79 wrote: »
    Seriously?

He hooked you.

I don't think anything will be changed gameplay-wise. The confirmed lick of paint and more frames is it, would be my guess.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yeah but I'm such a Souls fanboy it was worth it. Thought the PS4 would pick up but exclusives have mostly disappointed and everything else seems to be coming to PC. Hoping this year it turns around because as it stands it's one of my least favourite consoles of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Something like this would be great it really extended the value of DS2, I was very disappointed they didnt use it in DS3, or another option is to increase the likelihood of invasions in NG+.

Dark Souls 3 was so weird. Dark Souls 2 might have been lacking in game design but the gameplay additions were fantastic. The majority of them just got forgotten about by Dark Souls 3. Stuff like power stances and a magic that wasn't just various different projectiles. It really felt like a regression in that area.

I bought all three Dark Souls games and haven't finished one of them... yet I want this remaster. What is wrong with me :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dark Souls 3 was so weird. Dark Souls 2 might have been lacking in game design but the gameplay additions were fantastic. The majority of them just got forgotten about by Dark Souls 3. Stuff like power stances and a magic that wasn't just various different projectiles. It really felt like a regression in that area.

It had the best combat of the three games by far imo and was the only one of the three that grabbed me in terms of PvP.

Well gamestop can **** right off with their €65 price tag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

€65 price tag

Wow, sweet deal, where do i pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dark-souls-remastered-will-feature-2k-uncoverted-textures-on-the-pc/
    Dark Souls Remastered will feature 2K unconverted textures on the PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rumours of a discount on the pc are ont true apparently. No chance of buying it in that case. Mods do half of what the remaster is offering already.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

• Advertisement

Priced €40 on Smyths. Still €65 on GS. Jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kiith wrote: »
    Rumours of a discount on the pc are ont true apparently. No chance of buying it in that case. Mods do half of what the remaster is offering already.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

Yeah but there was an update to that statement
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/2595630410176290044/?ctp=21#c2595630410176775290

From the Community Manager on STEAM
    Hi guys, Izmar here, new community manager for Bandai Namco EU. Nice to meet you all! I just wanted to step in very quickly and say that right now, we haven't officially announced anything about the subject of a discount. I'm not sure who PCGamer's source is, but it seems like they could be someone who isn't in the loop about what's going on, RE: discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Don't even care about the cost to be honest. Dark Souls has aged sooooo badly that it would be worth splashing out a bit of cash to get it. And, if you don't have the DLC, it's not the worst deal. From deserve my money as they aren't EA or Activision Blizzard and have always given me a fantastic experience and game for my money. Better graphics, PvP being fairly fully again, fixing some buggy issues, 60FPS, yes plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm in two minds on hoping they fix the matchmaking.

On one hand, I've been twinked before in thise game, its really annoying

On the other, I'm now experienced enough to know how to twink...

Will we see a return of Giant Dad for PvP ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Will we see a return of Giant Dad for PvP ?

I've heard that saying many times but have no idea what a "giant dad" is. Can you explain?

Vaati has a video about the remaster and also a bit more about "Shadows Die Twice" uploaded to YouTube if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I've heard that saying many times but have no idea what a "giant dad" is. Can you explain?

Vaati has a video about the remaster and also a bit more about "Shadows Die Twice" uploaded to YouTube if anyone is interested.
    Giant Dad was basically a character that the community made up. DaveControl also made a lore video about him. He wears the Mask of the Father, Giant Armor and wields a Zweihander, as well as taunting his opponents with the "Well, what is it?" gesture. Video below

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Giant dad was the name given to a min/max build/gear set which was notorious in PvP. Basically it allowed you to take very little damage from your enemies faster attacks whilsts cleaving through them without being staggered with the Zweihander. After the first hit lands from the Zwei your opponent would be stun-locked and will die. The name comes from the armour worn, the mask of the father, with the rest of your gear being pieces from the giants set. Rings worn were havels and FaP ring. There was some specifics about stat placement, but not sure on those.

• Advertisement

When I was out at Halloween here in Korea, people obviously were dressed up in the streets etc for the night out.
    2 people were dressed in black with 'Masks of the Father' and holding lanterns for some reason.

I called to them and said...Hey ...Dark Souls !!!, Mask of the Father right ?!

They said...in Korean....Oh thanks, you are the first person ALL night to recognise wtf we are :P
    (Weren't great costumes tbh)

Advertisement