Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

SeantheMan wrote: »
    2 people were dressed in black with 'Masks of the Father' and holding lanterns for some reason.

Was it a lame Pinwheel attempt? Potential for a savage Pinwheel costume if you had two solid friends who don't mind piggy-backing for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

beans wrote: »
    Was it a lame Pinwheel attempt? Potential for a savage Pinwheel costume if you had two solid friends who don't mind piggy-backing for the night

Maybe..now what I think of it. Though they only had 1 mask..and their own arms..so yeah...maybe a 'lame' attempt :rolleyes:

Seen this on Reddit (Make a costume in 20 mins) ...and has me thinking of Halloween next year maybe...

ddo8kyu3sea01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait to meet Solaire and go on his journey with him again. Sun Bro 4 Life. I never played DS2 sotfs but it would be cool if the remaster followed suit and changed up enemy placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can't wait to meet Solaire and go on his journey with him again. Sun Bro 4 Life. I never played DS2 sotfs but it would be cool if the remaster followed suit and changed up enemy placement.

I'm gonna try
    save him from going hollow
    this time round since finding out it can be done. No SotFS treatment unfortunately going by what I've read so far. It's been done by some Polish company with a good track record for remasters (QLOC or something) with input from From Software. I keep going back and forth on whether I will get it. On the one hand it will be great to have all games on one console but on the other I've just recently finished it twice and swore I was finished with Souls for the moment to allow me to play other games. Currently playing LA Noire and enjoying the change of pace.

I'm hoping to finish my first full playthrough at around the time the remaster comes out, thinking I'll pick the remaster up and play through again for a nice comparison.

I'm back to the point I was at when I put the game down back in 2014 - only the Four Kings between Gwyn and myself, and stuck on Artorias.

Last time I played, I was trying to get Sif down to low-health to experience the thing she does, only to accidentally kill her with my Black Knight Greatsword's strong attack. Holy sh!t that's powerful!

• Advertisement

On my last playthrough of DS, I completed Solaire's quest line, totally worth it and made the final battle a cake walk. My Siggy questions glitched on me though so never got to finish his. Between him and the DLC, I'll definitely be purchasing. It's mad, all the more videos I've watched and never came across Giant Bad before being about him here :)

I've seen it suggested, mechanics aside that this would have been a prime opportunity for a Directors Cut of the game so to speak and actually look at the parts of the game that were rushed and not given the attention other areas got Lost Izalith springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Ehh, SotFS did change the enemy placement, along with a load of other changes, including improved graphics, and more players allowed in coop and pvp. It was to all intents and purposes a remaster. Do you want a third version of DSII?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

[quote=[CrimsonGhost]]Ehh, SotFS did change the enemy placement, along with a load of other changes, including improved graphics, and more players allowed in coop and pvp. It was to all intents and purposes a remaster. Do you want a third version of DSII?[/quote]

Reread the post

Speaking of SOTFS, it's down to a tenner on psn. Worth another playthrough? I hadn't played any of the DLC and new enemy placement could be refreshing. My least favourite souls game but still enjoyed the hell out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Speaking of SOTFS, it's down to a tenner on psn. Worth another playthrough? I hadn't played any of the DLC and new enemy placement could be refreshing. My least favourite souls game but still enjoyed the hell out of it.

The DLC is amazing, some of the best level design in the series. SotFS really is worth it at the price. The different enemy placements really works too.

It would be wonderful if the remaster incorporated all the cut content from DS1, cut bosses and questlines etc - somehow stitched together into a cohesive whole.

Went back to DS1 tonight and loaded up my last previous save.
    It was a NG+1 run up to Gywn....running past those 5 knights it the most boring bit...esp if you die often.

I used to be able to parry him quite well. Tried tonight, died about 7 times I'd say trying to get his rythm down.
    When I finally beat him I parried him to death, it took 8 straight parries using the BlackKnight sword+5 (he never hit me once, didn't need to even take a potion) :D
    Felt good !!
    I am ready for the remaster ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Smyths doing €5 off if you preorder the remaster so you can pick it up for €35 if anyone is interested. That price is OK with me, it's what I paid for the Prepare to Die edition on PS3 preowned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did they say if the remaster comes with the DLC?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did they say if the remaster comes with the DLC?

They did, but they didn't announce any new content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

beans wrote: »
    They did, but they didn't announce any new content.

Great, time for Artorias to kick me around for a few weeks again.

I'm 10 hours into a soul-level 1 run, and it's the most fun I've had with the game since early days. Getting potentially killed by pulling too many hollows in the Parish is something I'd forgotten about, really got the heart racing - you really must plan each encounter, can't rely on absorbing damage, and get meticulous.

It's breathing new life into the game.

I don't really like Amiibos....also...still up in the air on whether I'm getting PS4 or Switch version...but.....

Solaire Amiibo........**drool**

IMAGE_DSRAmiibo_White_Side-656x733.jpg

• Advertisement

Pardon the ignorance but what would an amibo provide to the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

probably something semi useless like a homeward bone every 24 hours id imagine.

Excuse the further ignorance, what's an amiibo? If it's just a statue of Solaire, then I want it.

Ah just read it's for Switch, and if you tap it, then you do the praise the sun gesture in game, pretty ****ing cool.

By tapping this amiibo, the popular ‘Praise the Sun’ gesture can be used with reckless abandon from the start of the game,” Nintendo said in a news release.

Just a cool little cheap-ish dark souls figure for me is all it would be...and I'd be happy with that :D

Seeing as there is a sever lack of Solaire figures/toys, I'm buying the **** out of this to put on my desk.

Is 20 quid a lot for an amibo?

I just pre-ordered Solaire with the remaster for the switch:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/68454/nintendo-dark-souls-solaire-of-astora-amiibo-only-10-units-left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Is 20 quid a lot for an amibo?

I just pre-ordered Solaire with the remaster for the switch:

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/68454/nintendo-dark-souls-solaire-of-astora-amiibo-only-10-units-left

Not at all (although i don't know the cost of other amiibo, i'm buying it to stare at incandescent magnificence :))

Game UK were selling it for £20 + delivery here via PM or by post

I bought mine from Amazon UK for £12.99 + PM cost so close to the €20 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,211 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Not at all (although i don't know the cost of other amiibo, i'm buying it to stare at incandescent magnificence :))

Game UK were selling it for £20 + delivery here via PM or by post

I bought mine from Amazon UK for £12.99 + PM cost so close to the €20 mark

Do you have a link to the Amazon one? I'd been checking regularly and never saw it listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have a link to the Amazon one? I'd been checking regularly and never saw it listed.

It lasted for 30 minutes before all was sold. I got a HUKD alert on my phone at the time

You can click on the e-mail me on the right to be alerted when it is in stock again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BFRLV6X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,211 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It lasted for 30 minutes before all was sold. I got a HUKD alert on my phone at the time

You can click on the e-mail me on the right to be alerted when it is in stock again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BFRLV6X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers for that. I have a Game Pre-order but might cancel it.

Advertisement