Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I have just hit the '50 attempts' mark on Ornstein and Smough @ soul-level 1.

I've been putting Ornstein down fairly consistently for a while, but keep losing it. Had Smough down to one strike's worth of health, got greedy and got murdered - the red mist descended and I got stupid!

My game-plan has been to double-hand a +15 spiked club, with charcoal resin, and try to separate them using the pillars.

It's such a great fight. Got to be up there for fight of the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

beans wrote: »
    I have just hit the '50 attempts' mark on Ornstein and Smough @ soul-level 1.

I've been putting Ornstein down fairly consistently for a while, but keep losing it. Had Smough down to one strike's worth of health, got greedy and got murdered - the red mist descended and I got stupid!

My game-plan has been to double-hand a +15 spiked club, with charcoal resin, and try to separate them using the pillars.

It's such a great fight. Got to be up there for fight of the series?

Anyone I've seen doing a SL1 run has used a
    fully upgraded pyromancy glove with black flame or pursuers
    on the gruesome twosome.

Anyone I've seen doing a SL1 run has used a
    fully upgraded pyromancy glove with black flame or pursuers
    on the gruesome twosome.

Not sure how I'd have either of those without visiting the Abyss first? Anyway, I'll plug-on with my flaming club for now. I've honed the technique to the point where it's inevitable, just a matter of time!

I know O's move-set so well now that he rarely hits me. The randomness always comes from electric arse-drops or misjudged hammers. Or once recently getting hit through the fog-wall by a goddam Sentinel.

beans wrote: »
    Not sure how I'd have either of those without visiting the Abyss first? Anyway, I'll plug-on with my flaming club for now. I've honed the technique to the point where it's inevitable, just a matter of time!

I know O's move-set so well now that he rarely hits me. The randomness always comes from electric arse-drops or misjudged hammers. Or once recently getting hit through the fog-wall by a goddam Sentinel.

True re the Abyss. Forgot you'd need to face Artorias first. Think the pyromancer in Blighttown has powerful ones too if you wanna chance that?

On my last play (2nd O&S solo) Smough didn't do the electric butt slam once, I was lucky.

I used to run from the first bonfire, down the lift etc, for every run, before realising I could jump the banisters from the Solaire bonfire... Noob!

I'll nail them tonight or tomorrow. It'll happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

A small look of the differences between PS3 and the Remastered version on PS4 Pro.
    Some lighting & particle changes there for sure but the models all look the same.

I can't wait to explore Blighttown without it becoming a slide show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Looks good. Fingers crossed for DeS remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Lots of quality of life changes made too:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played dark souls last year on Xbox, was at a con and they didn't know dark souls was on the console. Quickly became the sole game played on it with speed runs out of the asylum. I couldn't get over how **** it looked compared to 3. Can't wait to play through again with be the updated graphics. I wish there were a few changes like event placement but I'll take what I can get.

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/981170919740764160?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I played dark souls last year on Xbox, was at a con and they didn't know dark souls was on the console. Quickly became the sole game played on it with speed runs out of the asylum. I couldn't get over how **** it looked compared to 3. Can't wait to play through again with be the updated graphics. I wish there were a few changes like event placement but I'll take what I can get.

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/981170919740764160?s=19

I've it pre-ordered on Switch but think I'll pick it up for X as well when it drops to €20 after a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well that's disappointing. Like Vaati himself said, it wouldn't have taken much to swap around items/enemy placements or even add new enemies. Pretty much no reason to rebuy it if you already have it on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not even an update to the character creator?

It looks like a very lazy remaster to me.

Evade wrote: »
    Looks good. Fingers crossed for DeS remastered.

I still firmly believe this is gonna happen. Bluepoint Games have said they're working on another remaster that will blow us away and please the millions who have asked for it. If I was a betting man I'd put money on DeS.

Anyway I have this preordered in Smiths. €35 which is the same I paid for the P2D edition on PS3. Booked 2 days off work as well, can't wait!

Here's a side by side of Xbox 360 Vs PS4 Pro

Here's a side by side of Xbox 360 Vs PS4 Pro

The 60FPS will be great but feel like such a dirty hipster for preferring the old look.

Seems like the remaster got the gaming equivalent of this...

QZ6L0de.gif

I was somehow expecting more than just a graphical update... PC pretty much had this already with mods

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only watching on the phone but couldn't see huge differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

People going mad online over the bonfire change

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SeantheMan wrote: »
    People going mad online over the bonfire change

Whats the Bonfire change?

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Whats the Bonfire change?

The old one had a wispy ethereal feel while the new one is just a fire, apparently.

It's not really one of my gripes but I do prefer the old one too.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The old one had a wispy ethereal feel while the new one is just a fire, apparently.

It's not really one of my gripes but I do prefer the old one too.

They also added some new options when your resting at the bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I went and ordered me one of these

559_1.jpg?c=1479465076

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I went and ordered me one of these

559_1.jpg?c=1479465076

A wig? A man? :confused:

Reports of a stable frame rate in Blighttown from one of the wikis. Praise the Sun. I like what I've seen of it and am a bit taken aback by the negativity I've seen online but each to their own. Watched Finchey do a 29 min run through (up to Solaire).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Reports of a stable frame rate in Blighttown from one of the wikis. Praise the Sun. I like what I've seen of it and am a bit taken aback by the negativity I've seen online but each to their own. Watched Finchey do a 29 min run through (up to Solaire).

Thought it wasn't out until May 25th? Truth be told I'd only been following the Switch version

Thought it wasn't out until May 25th? Truth be told I'd only been following the Switch version

My understanding is certain people and media organisations got to play on PS4 Pro. I'd initially read they could only take the linear path to the Taurus Demon and that was as far as they could go but I've since read people could only show that much but were allowed to play further. 2 separate sources mentioned a stable frame rate in Blighttown.

Here's one source (Italian audio with English subs)

Not sure why it won't embed so here's the full link.

https://youtu.be/-6sWgW3t_I4

Can't find the link to the other article. If I find it I'll edit this post. It was one of the wikis, fandom I think it was. I don't have a switch but am looking forward to playing through it again with decent frame rate on the PS4.

Edit to add wiki link:

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/dark-souls-remastered-preview?li_source=LI&li_medium=wikia-impactfooter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hope it flops and FromSoft lose trillions

To say it got a lick of paint is probably being generous. More like they left the game in the same room with a tin of paint and let the fumes hit it for a while.

I'm about 80% sure I'm not going to buy it after seeing all the initial feedback. There is loads of games on the other side of summer that I could put the money towards instead (Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spyro and RDR2).

• Advertisement

I'd actually like to see them change up the achievements/trophies too instead of using the same list from all their games.

Advertisement