Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nice, I nearly forgot this was going live tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

bigphil2 wrote: »
    It between 17.00 - 23.00 for Europe.

I missed the client download :(

Nice one. I should be free to test it this evening. Tomorrow I'll be busy watching the Rugby.

Live stream just started by Fextralife

Played a few hours last night. Fairly underwhelming in terms of graphic improvements but I should have expected that.
    The 60fps is great though.
    99% of the summon signs I tried failed. When it did work and when I was helping out other players there was a load of lag. Maybe it's just the servers under stress.
    I don't think it's worth the upgrade for the PS4 but I'll still keep my preorder for the Switch as it's a great game to play when I'm out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Played a few hours last night. Fairly underwhelming in terms of graphic improvements but I should have expected that.
    The 60fps is great though.
    99% of the summon signs I tried failed. When it did work and when I was helping out other players there was a load of lag. Maybe it's just the servers under stress.
    I don't think it's worth the upgrade for the PS4 but I'll still keep my preorder for the Switch as it's a great game to play when I'm out and about.

Did you experience the game crashing at all? Read a lot of people saying the game was throwing them back to title menu a lot.

• Advertisement

Did you experience the game crashing at all? Read a lot of people saying the game was throwing them back to title menu a lot.

No, that aspect of he game was solid.
    Might try later as a Black Knight. Think they are the only class that can invade.

Yeah from what I've read Black Knights have a red eye orb. Another class gets the eye of death for gravelording. Heard a few vagrants managed to be spawned and all! I'm getting it for PS4 with reasonable expectations. All I want is a solid frame rate in Blighttown and New Londo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Don't buy this

If you do FromSoft / Namco becomes new Activision

Don't buy this

If you do FromSoft / Namco becomes new Activision

But I didn't get to play the orginal.... Ok then, I guess I'll have to do without :(

TitianGerm wrote: »
    But I didn't get to play the orginal.... Ok then, I guess I'll have to do without :(

It's 100% worth it for you then as the player base will be refreshed with plenty of co-op and invasions.

• Advertisement

It's 100% worth it for you then as the player base will be refreshed with plenty of co-op and invasions.

I was only joking. I'm getting it on Xbox X and Switch and I've a Solaire Amiibo ordered as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HK4sixteen

Can you get one day delivery on amazon prime here in Ireland? Wondering how to get the game quickest.

Only to PM up North or DPD Parcel Wizard..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

with regards to the PC version....if you already own DS on PC, then this is a good watch

It's pretty pathetic TBH
    But it will be lapped up regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HK4sixteen

Only to PM up North or DPD Parcel Wizard..

Thanks for the reply. So is it just free standard delivery with prime? I'd hate to not get the game before the weekend is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

HK4sixteen wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. So is it just free standard delivery with prime? I'd hate to not get the game before the weekend is over.

No free fast delivery to rep. Ireland with prime unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

What else were they supposed to do with the Dark Souls remaster?

Evade wrote: »
    What else were they supposed to do with the Dark Souls remaster?

Actually remaster it ? :confused:

If you're on PC yeah there's no reason to buy it so don't. Just like almost every other well modded game on PC that gets a remaster.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    If you're on PC yeah there's no reason to buy it so don't. Just like almost every other well modded game on PC that gets a remaster.

Yeah I just saw that video posted by someone earlier on.

EDIT: If they'd actually gone full on do it right re do the game properly flesh out the bits that needed work like that bed of chaos area and some others but keep the "soul" of the original intact just make it look as good as DS3 even and I'd have happily paid 60 quid for it.

EDIT: If they'd actually gone full on do it right re do the game properly flesh out the bits that needed work like that bed of chaos area and some others but keep the "soul" of the original intact just make it look as good as DS3 even and I'd have happily paid 60 quid for it.
    I'd like that too but that's much closer to a remake than a remaster.

Actually remaster it ? :confused:

The thing is , we had everything they are doing to the PC version already.
    A person released DS Fix which improved upon the PC release by a huge margin.

The remaster....is nearly basically DS Fix with a few little extras.

I'll prob still get it for PS4 as I'm a pleb and want to play it in my sitting room on the big TV.

I don't think we are the target market here. People who started on 2 or 3,don't have an old console and want to play the first game is who this release is for. And while it hasn't had any big graphical changes I've hear it runs very smoothly at 60 FPS which I'm looking forward to experiencing. I'll be in Smyths at opening time anyway. Looking forward to a long weekend off work.

I don't think we are the target market here. People who started on 2 or 3,don't have an old console and want to play the first game is who this release is for. And while it hasn't had any big graphical changes I've hear it runs very smoothly at 60 FPS which I'm looking forward to experiencing. I'll be in Smyths at opening time anyway. Looking forward to a long weekend off work.

Prepare to Die Edition sold 2 million on PC though, but they are expecting everyone to pay $40 and have removed the old version from STEAM.....or we who already own it can pay $20 for a fix that we already have.

I wonder if the guy who made DSFix (Durante) will be able to do anything with the new version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It's a patch. 20 euro for a patch and repopulation of the servers. They could have done a few minor tweaks to iron out the gameplay but they couldn't be arsed.

If you're new to the series then great, buy and enjoy. But if you played it on PS3 than all your paying for here is nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It's a patch. 20 euro for a patch and repopulation of the servers. They could have done a few minor tweaks to iron out the gameplay but they couldn't be arsed.

If you're new to the series then great, buy and enjoy. But if you played it on PS3 than all your paying for here is nostalgia

I played about 5hours of it on xbox360 and was utterly awful.ill pick this up at some stage but i can see how PC players would be pissed off..

Or not having the Blightown slideshow which put me off replaying it on PS3.

So when is the Switch version out? This is the only reason I can see buying this. As having it portable is the only new and exciting addition

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So when is the Switch version out? This is the only reason I can see buying this. As having it portable is the only new and exciting addition

No release date given yet. I'd guess it will be late summer at the earliest.

Advertisement