Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So when is the Switch version out? This is the only reason I can see buying this. As having it portable is the only new and exciting addition

Do you reckon the initial plan was just to develop Dark Souls for Switch and they just thought "f*ck it, we might as well release on PS4 and XONE too"?

Seems like the updates are not nearly enough to justify a current-gen release but certainly enough to get the game on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Should we not all buy this in an effort to ensure a Demon souls remaster? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

If PC owners all jumped-on to Prepare To Die in protest, thus bringing the co-op and PVP back to life, I'd feel less inclined to buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    Do you reckon the initial plan was just to develop Dark Souls for Switch and they just thought "f*ck it, we might as well release on PS4 and XONE too"?

Seems like the updates are not nearly enough to justify a current-gen release but certainly enough to get the game on Switch.

PS3 and Xbox 360 didn't run at 60fps where the PS4 and One versions do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

beans wrote: »
    If PC owners all jumped-on to Prepare To Die in protest, thus bringing the co-op and PVP back to life, I'd feel less inclined to buy this.

They removed it from STEAM to prevent this.

Oh..you mean jump BACK onto it ? The PC connection is a bit iffy on PC unless you download that connection mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have they updated the matchmaking to DS3s system does anyone know? SL + Weapon Level as opposed to just SL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'd say so. While nothings been confirmed about WL they said phantoms will be scaled to hosts level. Wouldn't make sense to leave them with OP weapons.

I'm delighted to hear Blighttown runs OK. Heard people saying HD spider tiddies look fine too.

This is already available on Steam for PC

beans wrote: »
    This is already available on Steam for PC

And already suffering from insta curse hacks /soft bans etc.

• Advertisement

Well, lots of activity on Prepare To Die on PC today, which is great. I'll enjoy the uptick while it lasts!

Got it on PS4.
    Taurus, Capra, Gargoyle and Gaping Dragon all within first try or 2nd try.
    Runs very smoothly.
    At blighttown now and just...no...f*ck off....I hate it so much.
    The color changes into this weird piss green/yellow and it's still way too dark.
    And those little wooden boys with the poison...fck them too.
    I've just been trying to speed run it to the bonfires.
    Getting to 1st bridge bonfire is fine....getting to 2nd underground is harder....gave up after a few tries just now as was stressed due to the stupid fcking hitboxes on the firedogs and the dragonfly things.

Loving hearing the bell constantly ringing in Undead Burg , signalling someone has beaten the gargoyle and rung it.

Great game though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

In case anyone forgot you can skip almost all of Blighttown by taking the key as your starting item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    In case anyone forgot you can skip almost all of Blighttown by taking the key as your starting item.

No! Everyone bought this for 60FPS Blighttown so they better playthrough it and damn well enjoy it!

Been playing on PS4 too. Killed Asylum Demon without going through the gate you're supposed to to get your weapon, shield and meet Oscar for Estus etc so got his big hammer. Fought Taurus and Capra without doing the drop attack for the first time. Gargoyles killed me a few times embarrassingly.

My camera feels very weird. Sometimes it's too fast and others too slow. Honestly don't think I'm getting a consistent 60 FPS but my console might be knackered. I'm wearing the FAP ring but my stats aren't changing. It definitely did in my PS3 version as I remember getting +5 in HP, and endurance.

Seeing a lot of gravelord signs but whenever I try to invade the gravelord it fails. Probably just congested. The bell is ringing constantly though. Great game alright but I'm not really seeing even a slight enhancement. I might put it on the PS3 to see if I can notice any difference.

Have they done something to the enemy AI? The first butcher chased me to the entrance of the depths. Never went off their own floor for me before. Kept me on my toes anyway haha.

Basilliks still the scariest thing in the game. Nothing causes panic like getting caught between a load of them.

I'm dying to pick this up tomorrow but I'm only halfway through kingdom come.
    Never got a chance to play the original and since I finished Bloodborne there's a FromSoftware hole in my heart. What should I do
    Should add, I'm on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

A 7 year late FPS patch that was already done within 48hrs of the original PC release by some modder in his basement on a budget of €0. Even at that the reduced price of €20 this is an absolute travesty. This remaster generation is the worst timeline we could've landed in. Customers are practically annual welfare for these companies now.

There won't even be an uptick of players on the original game/servers because the remaster has just split the player base in 1/2.

There is a problem with the sound effects in some places.
    Could barely hear any of the hits when I was fighting Quelaag....got pretty annoying.

Cheesed the Ceaseless Discharge...because that's a stupid boss and I'm prob a bit underlevelled for where I am now. I think around 30 or so heading into Lost Izilath.
    So I'm back off up to Shrine then to Catacombs.

I was very disappointed that I didn't get the Black Knight Sword as a drop. In fact...the one at the top of the tower near the drop down gate....got glitched inside a wall in the stairs and I couldn't fight him. He died by himself somehow.

A 7 year late FPS patch that was already done within 48hrs of the original PC release by some modder in his basement on a budget of €0. Even at that the reduced price of €20 this is an absolute travesty. This remaster generation is the worst timeline we could've landed in. Customers are practically annual welfare for these companies now.

There won't even be an uptick of players on the original game/servers because the remaster has just split the player base in 1/2.

That's why I got it on console.
    Signs everywhere, the player base will have a lot of new players who never played it too.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Could barely hear any of the hits when I was fighting Quelaag....got pretty annoying.

Cheesed the Ceaseless Discharge...because that's a stupid boss and I'm prob a bit underlevelled for where I am now. I think around 30 or so heading into Lost Izilath.

I was very disappointed that I didn't get the Black Knight Sword as a drop. In fact...the one at the top of the tower near the drop down gate....got glitched inside a wall in the stairs and I couldn't fight him. He died by himself somehow.

Form the most part they did a great job with the sound I thought but have noticed some issues with it. I was parrying the Black Knight on the tower but there was no parry sound. Only knew it happened because of how he looked. Only drop I got was a Black Knight shield. Balder Knight in the church dropped a Balder Side Sword first time though.

People on reddit noticed similar change to the tethering range on enemies like mentioned above. Enemies following for much greater distances. Someone else made a similar comment to mine about the butcher.

While I don't have (and never will) have it on PC many comments on forums are now saying that it's more than DS Fix and is much better than that. People who were skeptical before. I finished playing after Gaping Dragon (forgot about that drop) so heading down to Blighttown now.

Wait, you're at Izalith already? So you got and placed the Lord Vessel? That's impressive. I'm 30 now heading through Blighttown. It does run well and look better despite what I thought yesterday. I like Blighttown as an area once you take down the toxic dart feckers. In saying all that I think I might be a bit jaded with Souls.

Wait, you're at Izalith already? So you got and placed the Lord Vessel? That's impressive. I'm 30 now heading through Blighttown. It does run well and look better despite what I thought yesterday. I like Blighttown as an area once you take down the toxic dart feckers. In saying all that I think I might be a bit jaded with Souls.

Sorry...not Izalith...the Demon ruins.
    But you're not meant to go there at this level anyways.

I ran down after killing Ceaseless and of course there were 3 or 4 capra demons...and I said nope.
    So on my quest for my fave Black Knight Sword I went back to the very start...the undead Asylum because there's a black knight there...he only dropped a red titanite chunk.
    I didn't bother with the Stray Demon. I tried once or twice...but was only doing tiny chip damage...so will leave him for later.

I've gone to Darkroot Garden / Basin and killed the knight there, titanite chunk again.
    Also killed Moonlight Butterfly...super easy compared to what I remember.
    Parried Havel to death and got his ring.

Gonna go kill Sif then onto the catacombs, but need a better sword than the drake sword. It doesn't scale at all...that's why I wanted my Black Knight sword :(

Sorry...not Izalith...the Demon ruins.
    But you're not meant to go there at this level anyways.

I ran down after killing Ceaseless and of course there were 3 or 4 capra demons...and I said nope.
    So on my quest for my fave Black Knight Sword I went back to the very start...the undead Asylum because there's a black knight there...he only dropped a red titanite chunk.
    I didn't bother with the Stray Demon. I tried once or twice...but was only doing tiny chip damage...so will leave him for later.

I've gone to Darkroot Garden / Basin and killed the knight there, titanite chunk again.
    Also killed Moonlight Butterfly...super easy compared to what I remember.
    Parried Havel to death and got his ring.

Gonna go kill Sif then onto the catacombs, but need a better sword than the drake sword. It doesn't scale at all...that's why I wanted my Black Knight sword :(

Just killed Quelaag there meself (very nice visuals here) so at similar part to you now. Agree the butterfly seemed easier. Those stone giants in the forest ring lock thing seemed off. I'd dodge and it wouldn't get me then a few seconds later it would suddenly be on me despite me having been moving about without it. I haven't been invaded once. Don't get that at all.

Word is there is weapon level matchmaking in the game. So if you were fortunate enough to get a drop of a Black Knight weapon or even the drake sword you'll be locked out of co-op and invasions at early levels. This would kind of explain why I haven't been invaded or couldn't invade the gravelord. I haven't tried red eye orb invasions. Pretty poor form if this is the case. I assumed you'd still be able to do it albeit scaled down.

Word is there is weapon level matchmaking in the game. So if you were fortunate enough to get a drop of a Black Knight weapon or even the drake sword you'll be locked out of co-op and invasions at early levels. This would kind of explain why I haven't been invaded or couldn't invade the gravelord. I haven't tried red eye orb invasions. Pretty poor form if this is the case. I assumed you'd still be able to do it albeit scaled down.

I was watching Fighting Cowboys Remastered playthrough yesterday and he got a Black Knight shield from the first one he killed, he got the Boar Helm from the pig, and the Black Knight sword from the second Knight. Also got the Drake Sword. That's serious good luck.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was watching Fighting Cowboys Remastered playthrough yesterday and he got a Black Knight shield from the first one he killed, he got the Boar Helm from the pig, and the Black Knight sword from the second Knight. Also got the Drake Sword. That's serious good luck.

That is good luck, definitely. I thought I was lucky getting the Balder Side Sword on my third Balder Knight. Did you pick it up? Remember you saying you haven't played it before. Remaster mostly for new players IMO.

That is good luck, definitely. I thought I was lucky getting the Balder Side Sword on my third Balder Knight. Did you pick it up? Remember you saying you haven't played it before. Remaster mostly for new players IMO.

Not yet. Exam on the 7th June so going to get it after that, otherwise study will go out the window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, recommended for console players who already played it or wait for a price drop?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, recommended for console players who already played it or wait for a price drop?

Only if you really want to play it again. If you've never played before or even if you haven't played AotA I'd say definitely pick it up as it's worth it. For everyone else, I'd wait.

Advertisement