Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Played through this twice already on PS3 but I just had to get it, really enjoying it so far. Finding it quite easy if I'm totally honest. Good few bosses dead now

Asylum Demon
    Bell Gargoyle
    Capra Demon
    Quelaag
    Moonlight butterfly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've not been invaded yet either.
    Got me a few good rings, but still need a good sword to make use of my stats (been pumping into strength assumin I'd have a decent sword by now)

I miss the teleporting of DS3 though between bonfires.
    Having to run all the way back to the blacksmith can be a pain.

I've to do the catacombs next and then New Londo Ruins (I don't mind new Londo ...but the 4 kings is one of the worst fights in all the series imo).

But before both...I'm thinking I'll go kill Sif. Go to Anor Londo and craft Artorias' Greatsword. Good weapon, plus it's divine...so the poxy skeletons don't come back to life after ye kill them .
    I love Anor Londo for parrying the knights, all day long. Easy souls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Played a good session on PC yesterday. Have been having no issue with invasions or summons and no dodgy players yet either. I got the Black Knight Sword and Shield off some of the first few knights so that's my build decided :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Decided to take on Ceaseless Discharge proper instead of running back to the fog gate for him to jump on the ledge (I think this is the way you're supposed to kill him). What a mistake. Got him eventually but it was frustrating as he can one shot you with that gust of fire. Fighting Havel made me realise how much I have come on as a player. I used to abuse the fact he could not leave the tower and take the odd jab at him after he slammed down the dragon tooth. It was parries and backstabs all the way this time though.

5 Black Knights down (Parish, Tower, Darkroot and 2 in the Asylum. Got a BK shield and chunks that's all. Was really hoping for a weapon. Went back to the Asylum for the rusted iron ring. Killed Stray Demon and forgot about the ring. Want it for Sens Fortress so have to go back.

I want to try something different. Has anyone done a faith build? Any recommendations for a build? Weapons/miracles or anything else? Wouldn't be able for a SL1 run. Not yet anyway.

5 Black Knights down (Parish, Tower, Darkroot and 2 in the Asylum. Got a BK shield and chunks that's all. Was really hoping for a weapon. Went back to the Asylum for the rusted iron ring. Killed Stray Demon and forgot about the ring. Want it for Sens Fortress so have to go back.

There were in the Asylum ?
    I'm nearly sure there was only one when I went back...up the alleyway where the archer normally is.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    There were in the Asylum ?
    I'm nearly sure there was only one when I went back...up the alleyway where the archer normally is.

Yeah the second is at the cell you start in - where you get the doll to access Painted World.

Yeah the second is at the cell you start in - where you get the doll to access Painted World.

I'll do that later.
    I think last time I saved I had just cleared Sen's Fortress and killed the big giant up top. Now off to fight the Iron guy.
    Haven't summoned yet, I intend to go through the game without summoning too.

I'll do that later.
    I think last time I saved I had just cleared Sen's Fortress and killed the big giant up top. Now off to fight the Iron guy.
    Haven't summoned yet, I intend to go through the game without summoning too.

Forgot to mention I saw a hostile vagrant in Demon Ruins. One of the red ones. Was shooting lasers at me. Fecker spawned on the lava so died trying to pick up the goodies he dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Feck ye anyway, had decided to wait for a price drop but yer chit chat has me itching to play this.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Feck ye anyway, had decided to wait for a price drop but yer chit chat has me itching to play this.

From memory you haven't played AotA? Am I right in saying that? If so, give it a bash. Its worth it for fresh new content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got this last night!

Never actually finished original DS but done all the others.

Spent about half an hour in the Parish grinding the knights, I now have the Balder Side Sword. So this will be a dex build for me!

Gargoyles down, but I can’t remember where to go from here! I know I need to get to the lower burg but I forgot the way!

From memory you haven't played AotA? Am I right in saying that? If so, give it a bash. Its worth it for fresh new content.

Yupp, would be my main reason for playing it. Feck it, will get it this week. I tell myself every Souls game and playthrough I'll do something different from the sword and greatshield strength/dex build but I always end up going down that route. Probably will be the same with this.

For anyone new....something worth knowing that isn't really made clear...is that when you Kindle a bonfire you get 10 estus as opposed to the standard 5.
    But only from Kindled bonfirers.
    It'll cost you 2 humanity, but it's worth it for certain central fires.

My first playthrough I didn't have a clue why I had 10 in some places and not others.

In the meantime I've upgraded the Zweihander to +9. So a parry and riposte on the silver knights in Anor Londo is a 1 hit kill now :)
    Still need something a but quicker too though.

At the moment I have a +9 Claymore and a +6 Great Club. Plan on getting the club up to +9 or 10 for the gruesome twosome and this time I want to take on Super Ornstein as I've only ever done super fatty. Strength is my highest stat at 28.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Got this last night!

Never actually finished original DS but done all the others.

Spent about half an hour in the Parish grinding the knights, I now have the Balder Side Sword. So this will be a dex build for me!

Gargoyles down, but I can’t remember where to go from here! I know I need to get to the lower burg but I forgot the way!
    First you need to get the basement key which is on top of the tower after killing moonlight butterfly in deeproot garden. That key opens one of the doors near where you meet solaris for the first time.Its the area with the dragon on the bridge

Had a few goes at O&S last night.
    Was half tempted to just summon Solaire and get it over with...but I didn't.
    Had Big Ornstein down to a sliver of health....had about 3 or 4 estus left....got greedy...he speared me...picked me up...shot electricity through me. That was me done for the night.

I'm half tempted to farm a bit more for endurance and the zweihander eats my stamina. But I'm gonna give it a few more tries first.

Had a few goes at O&S last night.
    Was half tempted to just summon Solaire and get it over with...but I didn't.
    Had Big Ornstein down to a sliver of health....had about 3 or 4 estus left....got greedy...he speared me...picked me up...shot electricity through me. That was me done for the night.

I'm half tempted to farm a bit more for endurance and the zweihander eats my stamina. But I'm gonna give it a few more tries first.

Yeah, ehm. Maybe I'll just do Super fatty. Killed Smough first go (I've really come a long way ha). As soon as Super Ornstein started he speared me. Managed to kill Smough again. Ornstein speared me again. I'll try for Ornstein a few more times.

Yeah feck that. Took down Super Smough first time, couldn't handle Super Ornstein at all. Just getting to kill Smough first is a pain.

I ended up doing Smough too.
    I had no problem gettin to 2nd stage...Smough gave me a little trouble first time when I had low stamina and couldn't roll from his ass lightning attack.

Playing DS1, I realise how many of the areas I actually dislike or don't look forward to playing through.
    Catacombs, Tomb of Giants, Blight town, Lost Izilath and the Dukes Archives.

I killed O&S , Priscilla in the painted world , Stray Demon (got my Dark Knight Sword and upgraded to +5).
    Went down to the darkness and killed Pinwheel and Nito.

There are no more areas that I'm looking forward to now :(

Although I love the connectivity of the world, I guess the areas in DS3 appeal to me more.
    Oh...and not gone near the DLC yet.
    Also...seem to have levelled up way too quickly (I guess this happens for experienced players who aren't dying as often)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Finally had some time to get stuck into this last night.
    I like the hud options. Have reduced mine to 80% and it looks a lot better.
    Rang the upper bell so I think I'll take a trip to blighttown tonight. Looking forward to the buttery smoothness :)

• Advertisement

I'm at Gywn now, ready to parry him to death.
    But I've not done the DLC yet. (never had it on PC)
    So I'll have to read up on how to do that before killin ol Gwynny.

Made sure to save SunBro Solaire too ! Cost me 30 humaity to Quelaag's sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

PC version came with DLC by default. I remember the big hullabaloo about it because PC players got the DLC before PS3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Head to Sens Fortress, kill the blue thing near the first bonfire. Then hit up Darkroot Basin, head to the Hydra and bomb waaaaay out left in the lake. You should find it from there. Also I may have the order backwards.

Head to Sens Fortress, kill the blue thing near the first bonfire. Then hit up Darkroot Basin, head to the Hydra and bomb waaaaay out left in the lake. You should find it from there. Also I may have the order backwards.
    Think you do it the other way around (dark root first). It's archives not sens isn't it?

Some weather out lads, perfect for..... Praising the sun!

latest?cb=20140220214431

Never gets old :D

I just caved and have it downloading on Xbox.

It's been so long since I've been in Firelink shrine, I had to get myself familiar with it again. Accidentally found the catacombs and had a classic NOPE moment, turned around and preferred certain death by the skeletons in the graveyard. Really not looking forward to when I have to go back there. I completely forget where to get the Drake sword, not sure whether to leave it off and just use what I find naturally instead.

Gas I still remembered where the 4 chests were and the Zweihander , nearly left for undead burg without a suicide run down to new londo for the fire keeper soul, and as usual died 3 or 4 times jumping to the arches.

I've got to get used to the timing of blocks and parry again. Loving coming back to this and the fact I can get achievements for it is just icing on the cake.

EDIT: Back I go , forgot to run Valley of the Drakes for the lift to Darkroot for the shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Do save files transfer at all from PTDE to remastered? I'm on a good run at the moment in PTDE and don't feeling starting again just yet.

• Advertisement

I completely forget where to get the Drake sword, not sure whether to leave it off and just use what I find naturally instead.
    You can cheese it off the Dragon when you are under the bridge. You stand there with about 50 arrows and just shoot it's tail like 20 times and it drops it. The sword is great early game...but gets outscaled quickly so you'll need something else later.

Advertisement