Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah you're right Nick, im all backwards.

Ive never actually used the Drake Sword, is it that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Early game it's great. Has 200 dmg and doesn't need high stats.
    But it doesn't scale well mid-late game...in fact it doesn't scale at all.
    So by Sens Fortress or lvl 30-40 you should be looking at using something different.

I went Drake Sword (until after Gaping Dragon)--> Zweihander (until after killing O&S) --> Black Knight Sword

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

The drake sword is only worth it on your first playthrough (it probably saved me from binning the game to be honest). Once you know what you're doing it's better to upgrade a weapon (to +4 or 5 ) with similar scaling to your planned end game weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've the scimitar +5 but pumping souls into dex so couldn't wield the drakes sword if I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Decided to go with the Drake, forgot how much of a slog early game is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

I personally think the simple longsword is the best weapon in the game

Done,

Went and did the DLC, my first time ever seeing it.
    Was surprised how aggressive the Guardian was, people rarely talk about him...but I thought he was a cool boss.
    Done on first try though...I may have been over levelled.
    Artorias went down on first try too.
    Didn't manage to kill/find the Dragon.
    Magnus took me about 3 tries though...jesus he doesn't stop attacking. But the hardest thing about his fight is the camera and his size taking up so much of the screen you can't tell what's happening sometimes.
    I didn't really like the areas in the DLC at all. The place before Magnus is just a 'Humanity' farming spot I'd say.

Then went off to Gwyn. Got too cocky parrying first time and he got me.
    Parried to death 2nd time around though.

I think I ended up level 85 and just under 18 hours.

The game is great, but definitely DS3 is my fave. I just don't look forward to or have no interest at all in a lot of areas and bosses in DS1 (in comparison to 3).
    I'll come back and do NG+ soon and some PVP or summons, but I dropped God of War for this. So I've to get back to it.

Praise the sun !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Well I never thought I'd see the day but I think I'm worn out by Souls. Started it up after O&S and found I was just wandering around. Activate enemy parry and repeat. Playing on auto pilot now. Mind kept wandering to other games I have. So started Breath of the Wild last night and think I'll just continue with that. I love Souls and its a pity I played through 1 twice in the last 6 months as otherwise I'd be hooked. I'll probably play again at some stage in the future (maybe replay 2 as it's the only one I've only finished once and not done the DLC). Look forward to more Shadows Die Twice info.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Seeing a lot of gravelord summon signs on the ground and the odd 'the disaster has been banished'. Not sure what's going on and can't remember what the gravelord covenant is for exactly but definitely going to invade/troll a few people when I get a good enough build.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of gravelord summon signs on the ground and the odd 'the disaster has been banished'. Not sure what's going on and can't remember what the gravelord covenant is for exactly but definitely going to invade/troll a few people when I get a good enough build.

Didn't get invaded once in my playthrough (didn't summon either though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Believe or not lads I only realised DS1 has been remastered for ps4 :D

Just one question. Is it worth getting having completed it on ps3?

Cheers.

Wailin wrote: »
    Believe or not lads I only realised DS1 has been remastered for ps4 :D

Just one question. Is it worth getting having completed it on ps3?

Cheers.

Ehhh, well it depends on how much you liked DS and how long since you played it,

I own it on PC as do many here, and many of us have completed it once or multiple times. But it's a game you always find yourself going back to.

There aren't many major changes since the PS3 except framerate etc, but for convenience sake it's nice having it on PS4 running smooth.

Have you played DS3 too , or Bloodborne ?

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Gravelord covenant is where a member activates am eye of death which affects 3 other worlds. The hosts of the infected world has to find the gravelords servants sign and invades their world to kill them or be killed by them. The infection itself only impacts on NG+ playthroughs where the host infects the world's with powerful black phantoms. That's the gist, sorry if not explaining it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ehhh, well it depends on how much you liked DS and how long since you played it,

I own it on PC as do many here, and many of us have completed it once or multiple times. But it's a game you always find yourself going back to.

There aren't many major changes since the PS3 except framerate etc, but for convenience sake it's nice having it on PS4 running smooth.

Have you played DS3 too , or Bloodborne ?

DS2 and DS3. DS3 is my favourite. Never played bloodborne though.

So basically it's just improved framerate? No major leap in graphics? Grand so I'll stick with ps3 version.

Everyone else get burned to a crisp crossing the hellkite bridge first time? Forgot to take my gear off. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Wailin wrote: »
    DS2 and DS3. DS3 is my favourite. Never played bloodborne though.

So basically it's just improved framerate? No major leap in graphics? Grand so I'll stick with ps3 version.

Your missing out not playing Bloodborne, most would say its the best of the genre in fact its considered the best PS4 game

Maybe it's just me or experience of the other games at this stage but it really does feel easier to parry in this.

Did some jolly co-op at Capra Demon and it's all seasoned players with grass shields and drakes running to the back ledge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I caved and bought on Steam. It's more than just dsFix, the engine feels different. With the same key mappings I'm used to, I could make the jump down to the lower burg (the skip from top of the long ladder) in one shot. That never happens on PTD.

So there's subtleties to the remaster that go beyond visual, yet to be seen if that's a good thing. Also some enemies are behaving oddly... Top of the Taurus demon, they both drew and came after me, never seen that before.

It's interesting!

Yeah I got creamed by the archers, second time I had to spam roll as I got to the top of the ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Little bugs in the Steam release, like getting an arrow in the head while resting at a bonfire, which caused the resting menu to exit. Odd things.

Picked this up earlier for the ps4. I've only played Bloodborne before and really enjoyed so couldn't resist getting into the Souls series.
    I'm just after getting to Lodran and loving it so far. Great atmosphere and the change of pace is nice
    60fps feels fantastic too

Patch incoming. Did notice issue with the slimes in the depths. Details in English at bottom of page:

http://www.darksouls.jp/news/detail_180601_1.html

Taurus Demon knocked me off the bridge to my death, then he followed. Victory achieved.
    I'll take it.

Taurus Demon knocked me off the bridge to my death, then he followed. Victory achieved.
    I'll take it.

Ha, that happened my first play through as well. I didn't think it would count because I died first and was delighted when it did.

Now I was crossing the bridge with the dragon and it attacked me, I ran away to safety and about 30 seconds later I got a deposit of 10000 souls and I can cross the bridge. Dragon seems to be gone/dead.
    Is that normal?

Now I was crossing the bridge with the dragon and it attacked me, I ran away to safety and about 30 seconds later I got a deposit of 10000 souls and I can cross the bridge. Dragon seems to be gone/dead.
    Is that normal?

Happens to a few people. When I shot off the dragon sword, the dragon flew back to its perch and wouldn't leave. I'm still not able to run past it to get to that bonfire.

Happens to a few people. When I shot off the dragon sword, the dragon flew back to its perch and wouldn't leave. I'm still not able to run past it to get to that bonfire.

Everyone time I get the Drake sword it flies back up there. How I get to the sunlight altar is to get the dragon to land on the bridge then sprint through the gate. Can take a few goes though. Only then does it disappear. Comes back again if you go onto the bridge via the Taurus Demon route. I've only been able to kill it using
    the big bow you get in Anor Londo
    . Sounds like it glitched for Cake, or a summon or invader killed it.

Everyone time I get the Drake sword it flies back up there. How I get to the sunlight altar is to get the dragon to land on the bridge then sprint through the gate. Can take a few goes though. Only then does it disappear. Comes back again if you go onto the bridge via the Taurus Demon route. I've only been able to kill it using
    the big bow you get in Anor Londo
    . Sounds like it glitched for Cake, or a summon or invader killed it.

Ah ok.
    Just watched the Fighting Cowboy run-through of the remaster and it dies for him too.

• Advertisement

Ah ok.
    Just watched the Fighting Cowboy run-through of the remaster and it dies for him too.

Just had a look to see at his video to see what happened. That was weird. Did not happen to me when I got the Drake Sword.

Advertisement