Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone find themself die stupidly when they are on the way back to retrieve their souls from a previous death? I tend to get fall off heights alot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got to play a bit more last night and this morning. Didn't know where to go really and remembered I had that Basement key so went back to the bridge where the dragon was and it opens the locked door. I'm lvl 23 or so I think.

I found the Capra demon easy enough really, Still using the Halbred +2 (must upgrade it) which i'm loving. After him, I continued into the depth. Found the area very confusing first go and By the time I got to the gaped dragon I hadn't killed the caster, hadn't found a bonfire closer then the undead burg and hadn't a glue what to do! :)

2nd round I did a bit more exploring, found the caster and bonfire, got invaded and made bits of him and summoned a person and the 3rd time I killed the dragon (also not too tough once you have his pattern).

After leaving it for the weekend now in Blighttown with 45,000 souls to use. Blighttown seems like a step up in difficulty.

I've one question, the 2nd time I went for the Gaping dragon i summoned someone, but he didn't seem to cause any damage to the dragon even tough he definitely hit him a few times!? I assumed it was a bug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

noodler wrote: »
    Currently getting the Joan Collins Special from Tauras Demon.

Climb the ladder once you enter the fog gate and kill the 2 archers and return down and make the tauras spawn. Run up the ladder and wait til hes below you try to jump and his head and keep R1 pressed while falling. This is the plunge attack move and takes a fair bit of health off him. Run to the midway point of the path and let him make his way to you. When he attacks roll past and make it to the ladder again. Be fast though cause he can hurt you whille climbing. Rinse and repeat

tok9 wrote: »
    I've one question, the 2nd time I went for the Gaping dragon i summoned someone, but he didn't seem to cause any damage to the dragon even tough he definitely hit him a few times!? I assumed it was a bug

Could have been a low level character with a poor weapon. Had some of those my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Gandalph wrote: »
    Anyone find themself die stupidly when they are on the way back to retrieve their souls from a previous death? I tend to get fall off heights alot :(
    I'm the same. I rush through the "easy" bits and end up getting stung for my haste.

• Advertisement

Not online at the moment but id like to know the following. The merchant thats behind the bars in the tunnel from the firelink shrine to undead burg ( i think ) , how many humanityies can be bought off her, is it unlimited ?( hope so )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think its only 1, bought it and it vanished from the list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ugh, catacombs stress. Sllllooowwww progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ugh, catacombs stress. Sllllooowwww progress.

Apparently if you use a Divine weapon and kill the skeletons they wont rise again. Defo gonna make one for my next sojourn into the crypts. Or ofcourse you could search for the Necromancer an kill'em.

Unless your talking about the Tomb of Gianst further into the catacombs, then yeah, i have no tips, good luck :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I read about the divine weapons but by the time I get back and build one up it probably won't be worth it.

I'm near the bottom, and have cleared most of the necromancers, but there's a frustrating one on a ledge I just can't do anything about with my ranged spells or crossbows (don't have any normal arrows on me). I see there's a handy shortcut just before it though. It's the last one, at the bottom of the ladders after
    titanite demon, round two
    who's a particular pain. Just taking my time, but taking care of all those skeletons gets exhausting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not sure if i'm allowed post the link, but the official guide now available for download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The guide for the game seems to be fairly comprehensive. Expensive too. About $25 i think. Almost 400 pages of Dark Souls tips etc. Not for me, but might be good for those collectors who plan on giving ALOT of time to Dark Souls.
    http://kotaku.com/5847748/a-look-at-the-official-comprehensive-385+page-dark-souls-strategy-guide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2smiggy wrote: »
    not sure if i'm allowed post the link, but the official guide now available for download :)

PM sent.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Made some decent progress today and arrived in the Undead Parish. I had to strip my character naked in order to run away from from the red dragon on the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Made some decent progress today and arrived in the Undead Parish. I had to strip my character naked in order to run away from from the red dragon on the bridge.

Go back and shoot hit tail about 20/30 times with arrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Go back and shoot hit tail about 20/30 times with arrows!

I did that.
    Love my new sword

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does the red dragon come back? I just managed to run passed him and I haven't seen him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Does the red dragon come back? I just managed to run passed him and I haven't seen him since.

I'd imagine you can tackle him later on alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I think if you run back up to the other end of the bridge he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I went up onto the tower where you enter Undead Parish, killed the black knight and shot an arrow into the dragon. He took off and a minute later I got 10000 souls.....so maybe he wont be back :p

• Advertisement

Finally got
    Quelana of Izalith the pyro trainer to appear
    in the blighttown swamp. You must get your pyro flame to +10, very powerful at that lvl. A great chaos fireball does 500 damage on the rock throwers.

Stray Demon is wrecking me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

just had a quick lash at the moonlight butterfly, Couldn't get near her as for some reason I still can't use magic as a warrior, Any tips for the battle?

just had a quick lash at the moonlight butterfly, Couldn't get near her as for some reason I still can't use magic as a warrior, Any tips for the battle?

Just roll from the beams and she will land eventually were she is vulnerable, equip your weapon in 2 hands and pound away

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

What should I do, should I continue using my Divine Halberd+2 or Switch to my newly found Astora's Straight Sword?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

should I upgrade my drake sword??? have the item and souls needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

How do i reconnect to the online features when i've been disconnected from xbox live? Right now i return to the dashboard and reload the game but that can't be the intended way?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi lads, im probably gonna get this game despite having a clutch of games i really need to complete on pc, dark souls will be my first console game in almost 2 years :eek: but fcuk me it looks epic, cant resist any longer :P
    Any tips on where ill get it at a decent price? im not used to paying more than €20 - €30 on my games games.
    Not gonna bother subbing to xbox live for it as ill never us it and not sure if the online features are worth subbing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi lads, im probably gonna get this game despite having a clutch of games i really need to complete on pc, dark souls will be my first console game in almost 2 years :eek: but fcuk me it looks epic, cant resist any longer :P
    Any tips on where ill get it at a decent price? im not used to paying more than €20 - €30 on my games games.
    Not gonna bother subbing to xbox live for it as ill never us it and not sure if the online features are worth subbing for.

Best price on launch day was HMV for €45. Dunno about buying online. Worth it to sub to Xboxlive for the multiplayer? Thats a tough call to be honest. Alot of the in game pvp covenants (factions) seem kinda broken and take ages to invade people so i ended up not bothering with them. Coop works fine though. For a sub you will be getting coop and player messages on the ground thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ive ran into a bit of a problem with Snuggly :(

I traded him a Blooming Purple Moss Clump To get twinklingTitanite x 2, but now whenever I try trade him any moss, blooming/red/purple he will say:

"No no, not that one, Enough Enough"

When I return the moss is gone, no trade :confused:
    Sickend as I went and farmed to get a ****load of moss lol.

Any idea what happened/can I do?

Edit: Unless you can only do these items once?
    Im also really in need of Large Titanite I know it can be bought but where :) (I've just beat the gaping dragon and I ran like a girl from the wolf boss :rolleyes:)

Advertisement