Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

Now I was crossing the bridge with the dragon and it attacked me, I ran away to safety and about 30 seconds later I got a deposit of 10000 souls and I can cross the bridge. Dragon seems to be gone/dead.
    Is that normal?

Thats been there since the original release, I think the theory was that if you ran to Solaire and got far enough as the dragon tries to land on the bridge it's despawned and the dragon falls through and dies. I've actually been trying to get it to work by shooting it from the middle of the bridge and running to solaire.

Well ****, missed the jump to the laito but mercifully didn't die so thats something. At the bonfire and trying to work out how to get back up there but memory has me thinking that was a one way ticket and I need to carry on and come back through the depths for another shot at it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well ****, missed the jump to the laito but mercifully didn't die so thats something. At the bonfire and trying to work out how to get back up there but memory has me thinking that was a one way ticket and I need to carry on and come back through the depths for another shot at it :confused:

there's a ladder to the left of the Iaito iirc, keep searching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Yeah pretty sure Digital Solitude is correct and there is a way to the get back up there. Isn't Blighttown great to play now with a stable frame rate?

Yeah difference is night and day, not even remotely bothered by anything there now. Well the blow dart guys are still dicks.

• Advertisement

there's a ladder to the left of the Iaito iirc, keep searching

Found it thanks,had to go forwards from the bonfire and not back to find a way up and back around. Would have been easy to see but for the dark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

One area Ive never really did in Dark Souls 1 was that optional area you access in blight town where you keep going down. What do you guys think of this area and what level do you think one should be before attempting it. My current position in the game is that ive just killed seath the scaleless

Ash lake I think isn't it? If I recall it was tied to Siegmeyer's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ash lake I think isn't it? If I recall it was tied to Siegmeyer's story.

Ah I forgot Sigi's story glitched for me on PS3, must finish it this time.

I hate the Depths and I hate the Basilisks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Should be well able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

RIP to all the bloodstains around the Anor London archers

Going against the route I took for my other plays and going darkroot before Sen's. It's unreal what souls experience will do for you're confidence. Walked right up to Havel and proceeded to batter him down to the Hydra stood there as the heads fell around me and took those out, golden crystal golem and loots collected. Time to head up the ladder and play with the nice kittie.

...... I forgot kittie had both claws and a couple of pals. Lost 40k in souls and 20 odd soft humanity as I fell in my haste back :D

I hate killing Sif :(

Seeing him limping when his health bar is low always get me in the feels.

I was at Gamerfest today and hanging out at the retro consoles section but they were constantly in use. The only console that didn't have someone always at it was tucked away in the corner. Saw some kids play it and genuinely had an upset face on them after 5 minutes before leaving. Turns out it was a PS3 with demon's souls, dark souls and dark souls 2. Jackpot!!

Goddamn I forgot how tough demon's souls was. Fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I hate killing Sif :(

Seeing him limping when his health bar is low always get me in the feels.

Complete the dlc before fighting him next time.

Accidentally wandered into the gargoyle boss fight, I'm forgetting where everything is, with half health and one estus. Killed them both without taking one hit. I remember getting stuck on these guys for ages before. When can I do the artorias DLC? I'm just at darkroom garden.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Accidentally wandered into the gargoyle boss fight, I'm forgetting where everything is, with half health and one estus. Killed them both without taking one hit. I remember getting stuck on these guys for ages before. When can I do the artorias DLC? I'm just at darkroom garden.

Dukes Archive and being able to get back to Dark root.

I'd say leave it until way later on NG , others may disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had never played it. Found the boss levels quite high...as in the would be end-game bosses.
    I think I did the DLC after I had unlocked the path to Gwyn and was ready to finish the game.

Yeah, to get there you need Dukes Archives and Darkroot.
    You will have a early bonfire at Dukes....well...it's actually just past the entrance at Anor Londo and up the lift. You don't actually have to do the Dukes Archives section itself.
    For Darkroot....it's just around the corner from where you kill the Hydra in the lake.
    You kill 2 golems (1 blue at the top of the first lift in Dukes , and 1 gold around the left corner of where the Hydra was)
    A black portal will appear where the gold golem in the lake was. I think you have to turn the game on and off though after killing them, and then you'll see a black portal.

Yeah I took a U-turn at the garden just before moonlight butterfly fight, heading back to the depths as I skipped it and read that was the recommended progress route after ringing the first bell. I figured DLC would be end game level but read a few places saying to do it before fighting sif.

• Advertisement

Heading back to Blighttown to buy the stuff from Shiva before heading to Sen's and Laurentius was down there too and hostile. Messed something up here I think, had to kill him which rules out all pyromancies in this run.

Not sure what I did to move him, i know there is another pyro who can show up down there but I haven't upgraded the flame in order for her to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

You can upgrade your pyro flame by speaking to the fair lady's buddy, if you have one. Einigi?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Heading back to Blighttown to buy the stuff from Shiva before heading to Sen's and Laurentius was down there too and hostile. Messed something up here I think, had to kill him which rules out all pyromancies in this run.

Not sure what I did to move him, i know there is another pyro who can show up down there but I haven't upgraded the flame in order for her to appear.

If you want to keep Laurentius in Firelink when he asks where you got the other pyromancies you shouldn't tell him. If you tell him he heads to Blighttown and goes hollow.

If you want to keep Laurentius in Firelink when he asks where you got the other pyromancies you shouldn't tell him. If you tell him he heads to Blighttown and goes hollow.

Yeah that must have been it , he sniffed out the chaos one I had and I didn't pay attention to my response.

Not sure if any of you would be interested in this but I've been searching for something like this for ages. An interview with Miyazaki on the design if DS1.

http://soulslore.wikidot.com/das1-design-works

Just checking the wiki to aid my memory of where a few things are and only now to I learn you can use a Lloyds talisman on a mimic chest.

Anor Londo is invasion central as expected. One lad seemed really pissed I'd killed the titanite demon when I'd cornered him in his favorite cheap kill spot based on the messages I got :pac:

Wow Four Kings down solo on first attempt, that never happens and I'd forgot to attune power within which I normally use.

• Advertisement

Bed of Chaos is such bull**** :mad:

Did it once and recalled why it's such bs as I got knocked off going for the second orb. Cheesed it using the quiting out and bow method. Life's too short for than rubbish.

Advertisement