Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bed of Chaos is such bull**** :mad:

Did it once and recalled why it's such bs as I got knocked off going for the second orb. Cheesed it using the quiting out and bow method. Life's too short for than rubbish.

Ya, I'm going through Izalith now and just gonna cheese the fcuker. Can't be wasting my time with its sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wow Four Kings down solo on first attempt, that never happens and I'd forgot to attune power within which I normally use.

I think they're easy enough as long as you're a decent level and and can kill 1 before the next comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think they're easy enough as long as you're a decent level and and can kill 1 before the next comes along.

One of the most difficult for me. Only ever managed to beat them by going full Havels and tanking. Dps race. You don't get the first one down before the second is out and you're screwed.

For me not having played in a while was forgetting about the fact it looks like you're in range , emptying a full stamina bar and hitting nothing but air. Adjusted that on the second one so there was no problem after that.

As Sean alluded to it's damage and ability to do it fast that counts for that one, I came here way later than on my previous runs so had the needed dps to make up for my initial mistake and take the first one down before a second one was on me. I know they have way more health and hit harder in NG+ though.

Forgot how much I hate the Tomb of the Giants.
    Just lost 80,000 souls :(
    That's me done for the night or the controller is going through the tv.

• Advertisement

Theres actually a very straight and direct path through there that gets you everything in terms of patches and Reah and paladin leeroy and loot. No need to wander around. Though I bet it was the f'n archer that did you in while the knight attacked!!!!! Or the bone towers if you went for the ring.

http://smcnabb.github.io/dark-souls-cheat-sheet/#Tomb_Of_The_Giants

Following this it took me no time to have Nito deaded.

Theres actually a very straight and direct path through there that gets you everything in terms of patches and Reah and paladin leeroy and loot. No need to wander around. Though I bet it was the f'n archer that did you in while the knight attacked!!!!! Or the bone towers if you went for the ring.

http://smcnabb.github.io/dark-souls-cheat-sheet/#Tomb_Of_The_Giants

Following this it took me no time to have Nito deaded.

The initial death was the bone towers and then a stupid roll of a ledge lost me my souls.
    Think I've the place cleared now so probably will just head straight to nito tomorrow.

Nito is busy for summons I found at the minute so don't sit at the fire after the fight. Bone home to the last fire and drop your sign, I left off with 200k souls to buy what I need before NG+

Beat Nito on my first try. Woohoo. Just needed a good sleep.
    Might drop a summons as you suggest.
    Think i'm only missing the sun bro covenant so will try and join that now.

Those stone guardians in the dlc can f right off :mad:

• Advertisement

Those stone guardians in the dlc can f right off :mad:

That area was a bore. Just finished off the dragon. Took fecking ages!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

This or the skull lantern will make things alot easier

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunlight+Maggot

This or the skull lantern will make things alot easier

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunlight+Maggot

Ya I had the maggot on too. I put it down to tiredness :-)

The first boss in the dlc was weak but super aggressive wasn't prepared for that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

So I tried this game a few years ago and quit in rage after a day or so.

Fast forward and I downloaded the remaster last week, and am having the time of my life. One shotted the gaping dragon yesterday (no summon), managed to get through Blight Town relatively unscathed, and am ready for the spider babe later today.

Haven't gotten into any coop or invading or anything like that yet, guess i'll aim just to finish the whole thing first.

Just met Gough, what a legend!!!!!

Just met Gough, what a legend!!!!!

Your first time doing the DLC? I thought you were referring to Artorias earlier. I thought WTF when you said he was weak haha. Then remembered there's a boss before him. Make sure you find Kalameet. He's a bastard but well worth the fight. Took me a full day to get him.

Sekiro is already available to order already lads. Speculation is March or April release date going by From's history.

Your first time doing the DLC? I thought you were referring to Artorias earlier. I thought WTF when you said he was weak haha. Then remembered there's a boss before him. Make sure you find Kalameet. He's a bastard but well worth the fight. Took me a full day to get him.

Sekiro is already available to order already lads. Speculation is March or April release date going by From's history.

Yeah just paid him a visit got the tail on my first attempt had him down to a swing or two on my 3rd and got caught in his breath. Rage break time :D

Edit: Artorias wasn't too bad in the end once I got a feel for his moves but it was strange ranging him, I'm using an Uchi which has decent range but sometimes when I though I was in range of him I was swinging at air, and he wasn't evading me at the time.

All weapons done now thought all I had to do was get to the end of NG+ for the final achievement. Up to the 4 kings and of course in my haste I forgot to kill Sif for the ring didn't I :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

All weapons done now thought all I had to do was get to the end of NG+ for the final achievement. Up to the 4 kings and of course in my haste I forgot to kill Sif for the ring didn't I :mad:

Titanite Catchpole? I'd love to work towards platinum but unless you get this early I'd say it would be a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Got cursed in the depths..fell down that hole near the Giant Rat.. so annoyed i forgot about it and actually watched Eurogamer's play through where they did the same thing a few weeks ago.. Off to grind out a few thousand souls to get a purging stone it is..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Got cursed in the depths..fell down that hole near the Giant Rat.. so annoyed i forgot about it and actually watched Eurogamer's play through where they did the same thing a few weeks ago.. Off to grind out a few thousand souls to get a purging stone it is..

I remember on my first playthrough back in the day, I kept on getting cursed and the curses used stack up so I was rocking about with only a sliver of health.
    I gave up on the game until a few months later when I read online about the purging stones :o

I remember on my first playthrough back in the day, I kept on getting cursed and the curses used stack up so I was rocking about with only a sliver of health.
    I gave up on the game until a few months later when I read online about the purging stones :o

I didnt mention the 10000 souls i left in the care of those bug-eyed amphibious Sh*tehawks.. seriously considering dropping back down there ,grabbing the souls and omeward boning,but worried about getting another curse...

I didnt mention the 10000 souls i left in the care of those bug-eyed amphibious Sh*tehawks.. seriously considering dropping back down there ,grabbing the souls and omeward boning,but worried about getting another curse...

I don't think they stack anymore .
    Just be careful with the fcukers. Try and tease each one out individually and be careful when you strike them.

I don't think they stack anymore .
    Just be careful with the fcukers. Try and tease each one out individually and be careful when you strike them.

yeah,they are tricky feckers.. if i could get the 3 of them together i could one shot them all..but its the delay after falling down the hole that got me..

You could try a run to the guy on top of the church in New Londo, he can cure curse for 1000 souls can't he? You'll need to see him later anyway, might as well try it as being cursed means you can damage the ghosts without using transient curse or cursed weapons.

Could be tricky getting up the ladder as the room is swarming.

You could try a run to the guy on top of the church in New Londo, he can cure curse for 1000 souls can't he? You'll need to see him later anyway, might as well try it as being cursed means you can damage the ghosts without using transient curse or cursed weapons.

Could be tricky getting up the ladder as the room is swarming.

You can buy a purging stone of that guy in the bottom of the first Bell tower in the Parish,not sure how many he has though,that 10,000 sould would buy 3 if he has them.. ill have to give it a go and try and get the souls back..if not ill go ghost hunting..

Closest purging stone to the depths is the undead female merchant. She may be more expensive and have limited quantities but she has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Closest purging stone to the depths is the undead female merchant. She may be more expensive and have limited quantities but she has them.

I love her. I always get her shortcut opened before doing anything else. More charcoal resin, please. Vee hee hee...

• Advertisement

beans wrote: »
    I love her. I always get her shortcut opened before doing anything else. More charcoal resin, please. Vee hee hee...

Is she the old crone behind the bars on the bridge beside the shortcut door near the firelink shrine?

Advertisement