Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Is she the old crone behind the bars on the bridge beside the shortcut door near the firelink shrine?

Yes. 6000 Souls cost price. Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Cheers! if retrieval of the souls fails.. ill do a bit of farming and pay her a visit..

You could try a run to the guy on top of the church in New Londo, he can cure curse for 1000 souls can't he? You'll need to see him later anyway, might as well try it as being cursed means you can damage the ghosts without using transient curse or cursed weapons.

Could be tricky getting up the ladder as the room is swarming.

How do you get cursed weapons? And I've read you can't inflict curse status on enemies (other players) so how exactly do they work?

How do you get cursed weapons? And I've read you can't inflict curse status on enemies (other players) so how exactly do they work?

One made from the soul of sif and a dagger that drops from ghosts are all I've seen. I've only ever used it on the ghosts in a pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

You technically can inflict curse status in PVP, but only through cheatyhacks. I've seen old videos where dudes get one-shot cursed by invaders. That's rough.

I believe the only difference with 'cursed' weapons such as the ghost-blade is that they'll kill ghosts. They emulate the effects of transient curse without having to consume same.

• Advertisement

Just thinking as I've just killed it, does anyone actually bother to fight the ceaseless discharge? I think I did on my very first run then googled.

I assume thats intended and not a cheese, as you attack it's arm and it falls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just thinking as I've just killed it, does anyone actually bother to fight the ceaseless discharge? I think I did on my very first run then googled.

I assume thats intended and not a cheese, as you attack it's arm and it falls.

I think my first ever time I fought him...and I hated it.
    Ever since I've cheesed him.

After doing the DLC I was reading up about it, there is an ingenious way to kill/lower the health of Manus that I didn't realise

You can cheese a couple of Bosses -
    Capra with firebombs or dung pies, Manus with arrows. (Maybe more of can think of)
    - but I don't think running to the fog door for Ceaseless is cheesing. I'm convinced it's the intended way to do it. I fought him once the last time I faced him and it was painful. I will just knock him off the ledge going forward.

Cheers! if retrieval of the souls fails.. ill do a bit of farming and pay her a visit..

Retrived the souls and got back to the firelink shrine.. farming tonight,and off to the bell tower for the 3000 sould purging stones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm going for the platinum now.
    Trying to farm souvenirs of reprisal. Spent 3 hours at it and only got 2.
    When I invade I either get pwned by a gank squad or the host escapes to the boss room.
    It's painful work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm going for the platinum now.
    Trying to farm souvenirs of reprisal. Spent 3 hours at it and only got 2.
    When I invade I either get pwned by a gank squad or the host escapes to the boss room.
    It's painful work
    Farm Crow Demons in the Painted World. I platinumed it on PS3 without doing any PVP.

Evade wrote: »
    Farm Crow Demons in the Painted World. I platinumed it on PS3 without doing any PVP.

This, have +10 humanity and the gold serpent ring on for max item discovery (410). and run up the tower at the start and and agro the 2 on the opposite tower with arrows. Quick and easy unlike later souls games and covenant items DS had everything you needed easily farmed or picked up from the world.

Got my 1000gs on friday. Nearly lost the will to live on Gwyn on NG+ had no trouble 1st time but on NG+ I lost my parry mojo.

If anyone on Xbox needs a Sif Soul or weapon to save a 3rd playthough let me know.

Thanks, will try the crow method.
    I'm going to need to do a 4th run as I consumed the soul of Sif in NG :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can anyone list quick notes or things we should pay attention for if looking to do a Achievement run ?

I didn't bother with half the covenants in my first NG. I still have all the boss souls etc.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can anyone list quick notes or things we should pay attention for if looking to do a Achievement run ?

I didn't bother with half the covenants in my first NG. I still have all the boss souls etc.

This is not the full list, just what i can think of right now:

Keep all boss souls and turn into boss weapons with the help of the smith in anor londo. The weapon itself needs to be +10.

Buy any and all miracles, sorceries & pyromancies from the vendors around the world.

You'll need all the embers to ascend weapons (chaos, enchanted, divine, magic, fire, lightning, cursed)

Join all covenants (missable one here is the darkwraiths as you'll need to speak to kathe and not frampt)

Do some jolly co-op as a sunbro to get sunlight medals. You need 10 for a lightning sorcery.

EDIT: You'll also need to cut the tails of a few bosses;

Gargolys
    Pricilla
    Seath
    Gaping Dragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

F*ck Gaping Dragon.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    F*ck Gaping Dragon.

He's a slog, alright. It's a test of patience if nothing else.

I gave up on him and just did Blight Town from the bottom-up last night instead :)

Just about to officially do Blighttown..i got down to the bonfire,lit it but didnt rest as i was looking for items at the bottom.. i tried to find the Spider Sheild in the depths but couldnt find it..is there an alternate item i could use instead against the poison?(apart from purple moss obvs)

Just about to officially do Blighttown..i got down to the bonfire,lit it but didnt rest as i was looking for items at the bottom.. i tried to find the Spider Sheild in the depths but couldnt find it..is there an alternate item i could use instead against the poison?(apart from purple moss obvs)

You dont need that shield. The rusted iron ring is more important down there.

Just accept the poison. No point worrying about it. Let it sap your hp and glug down estus as you potter about down there.
    Only use moss when you know you wont be going back into the poison water for a while.

You dont need that shield. The rusted iron ring is more important down there.

Just accept the poison. No point worrying about it. Let it sap your hp and glug down estus as you potter about down there.
    Only use moss when you know you wont be going back into the poison water for a while.

Ah I'd say spider shield essential for toxic blow darts. Poison is bearable, toxic is not.
    Edit, hadn't read Phils message to see he on bottom but still think its essential for going back up, if grabbing
    fire keeper soul
    Spider shield is back in the
    depths, on a ledge above giant rat
    though.

• Advertisement

Ah I'd say spider shield essential for toxic blow darts. Poison is bearable, toxic is not.
    Edit, hadn't read Phils message to see he on bottom but still think its essential for going back up, if grabbing
    fire keeper soul
    Spider shield is back in the
    depths, on a ledge above giant rat
    though.

Yeah,i couldnt find the damn ledge! find that area very confusing

Isn't it the one where the butcher is theres a drop behind him, you could drop down and grab it then bone home if you don't fancy the long way and meeting our googly eyed pals.

Isn't it the one where the butcher is theres a drop behind him, you could drop down and grab it then bone home if you don't fancy the long way and meeting our googly eyed pals.
    If you hug the left on that slide, you'll avoid the googly boys

Yeah but it's hidden so you need to roll into the crates behind the first butcher. To the right of the large ember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

So I finally managed to kill Smaugh and Ornstein (sp?) over the weekend.... with some help from Solaire. So satisfying.
    Can finally warp around bonfires
    . Off to the Catacombs next!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

****e , I didnt realise your man that gives you iron flesh fecks off and gets himself hollowed if you say yes to a specific question about pyromancy. It means you cant buy iron flesh off him anymore making the final boss alot more difficult

I feel like a speed runner;
    Killed Gwyn in NG+, bomb straight into NG++ and have Quelaag, Sif & Butterfly killed in 30 minutes :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I feel like a speed runner;
    Killed Gwyn in NG+, bomb straight into NG++ and have Quelaag, Sif & Butterfly killed in 30 minutes :cool:

I accidentally made Taurus Demon kill itself :pac:

Ironically, I'd only seen that strat a few weeks ago, so I knew it existed, however I wasn't even planning for it.

Went back to The Asylum for the Ring on the 3rd level..Killed all the knights and all the enemies..was just leaving,forgot about the floor breaking.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

****e , I didnt realise your man that gives you iron flesh fecks off and gets himself hollowed if you say yes to a specific question about pyromancy. It means you cant buy iron flesh off him anymore making the final boss alot more difficult

Tbf, once I found out how broken the fight is with shield parry I didn't even bother much with iron fleshing it.

Advertisement