Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Latest progress: Stray, Firesage and Centipede demons all down. One shot on 4 Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gaping Dragon down.
    How do I get to Blight Town?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Gaping Dragon down.
    How do I get to Blight Town?
    You know the room with 3-4 slime hanging off the ceiling? Its quite close to the bonfire, there's a stairs off it that leads you to the Gaping Dragon. there's a merchant in that room beside a big set of doors. Those doors.

Cheers.
    My friend suggested I look into getting Pyromancy, is that close to there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Cheers.
    My friend suggested I look into getting Pyromancy, is that close to there?

You should have met someone in The Depths who teaches pyromancies. If not, I'd go back if you want to learn it. It's close enough to the second butcher.

• Advertisement

You should have met someone in The Depths who teaches pyromancies. If not, I'd go back if you want to learn it. It's close enough to the second butcher.

So I explored the Depths (even, finally, found the bonfire there!) but I can't find the person who has Pyromancy.

Did find the entrance to Blight Town though.
    I don't like how everything went green...

As you come down from undead and enter where the butcher is theres another sat in the rafters on the right and a room with a lot vases he's in there. No idea if he disappears if you push on into Blighttown.

So I explored the Depths (even, finally, found the bonfire there!) but I can't find the person who has Pyromancy.

Did find the entrance to Blight Town though.
    I don't like how everything went green...

Just after the first butcher there is a load of water in a rectangular shape with dogs in it and a torch hollow. Wall through it. When you get out of the water you should be close to the second butcher. Turn left not right and there is a room with a load of barrels. Laurentius is in the back of the room stuck in a barrel. Roll into the barrels to free him. Speak. He will then go to firelink once dialogue is exhausted. He will only sell pyromancies once he's in firelink. Like Enfilade said, not sure if he disappears when you enter Blighttown.

Tomb of the Giants. I hate you.

Ended up sprinting through to boss.

Got Nito down all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

So I just headed to drained New Londo after getting my main weapon up to +15, and what does the first DarkWraith I encounter drop? A slab :)

Now I can easily add a +15 Avelyn to my Greatsword to complete my Guts cosplay

• Advertisement

Finished DS, I'm now about 1/2 way through DS2. Hated it at first, but am actually really enjoying it now. I've also started doing coop which I love. Easy souls. Excited about getting to DS3!

Main thing that annoyed me was the Human Effigy mechanic and having enough of them - they're rare enough in game. Then I discovered that the coop that i was enjoying so much actually makes you human if you complete a run successfully. Double win!.

I just got my first Red Eye Orb ever, and went to Anor Londo to invade. Very exciting!

What's this? Router is dead? Playing offline? Nooooooo...

ArthurG wrote: »
    Finished DS, I'm now about 1/2 way through DS2. Hated it at first, but am actually really enjoying it now. I've also started doing coop which I love. Easy souls. Excited about getting to DS3!

Main thing that annoyed me was the Human Effigy mechanic and having enough of them - they're rare enough in game. Then I discovered that the coop that i was enjoying so much actually makes you human if you complete a run successfully. Double win!.

I'm playing 2 now as well and having a blast. Enjoying it so much more than last playthrough. I've solo'd every boss unlike last time. Am on the DLC now. Elana had me raging so hard this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ArthurG wrote: »

I found humanity much more of a pain in DS1. One to reverse hollowing, one to kindle and then having to farm rats when you run out. Nevermind having to get 30 of them if you want to save Solaire (who doesn't?).

Effigies can be nullified at the cost of a ring slot, kinda. Although they made it pretty pricey in SotFS.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I found humanity much more of a pain in DS1. One to reverse hollowing, one to kindle and then having to farm rats when you run out. Nevermind having to get 30 of them if you want to save Solaire (who doesn't?).

Effigies can be nullified at the cost of a ring slot, kinda. Although they made it pretty pricey in SotFS.

Yeah I get you but in DS you could spend am hour farming rats and get a ton of humanity. I tried that with dogs in DS2 and you can get a decent few drops but when they stop re spawning after 7/8 deaths, you're screwed. But I do agree the DS reverse/kindle thing was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The first souls game I played was Bloodbourn and I absolutely loved it once I got into it, ended up getting the platinum. Tried 2 after and really didn't like it, finished the remaster last week and loved it and I just started 3 (kinda feels more like Bloodbourn then the others which is cool). Is 2 worth giving another go? I know it's very divisive some people hate and it others love it.

The first souls game I played was Bloodbourn and I absolutely loved it once I got into it, ended up getting the platinum. Tried 2 after and really didn't like it, finished the remaster last week and loved it and I just started 3 (kinda feels more like Bloodbourn then the others which is cool). Is 2 worth giving another go? I know it's very divisive some people hate and it others love it.

2 is absolutely brilliant when you get further into the game and upgrade some essential stats, namely ADP. It was the first one I finished and after playing the other 4 I would have said it was a good game but not a good Souls game. I started a new character last week with the intention of doing all Bosses solo and also completing the Crowns DLC. I finished Crown of the Sunken King last night. Fantastic content. I also defeated Fume Knight earlier in the Old Iron King. I've definitely changed my opinion on the game and can appreciate the differences now. I'd suggest giving it another go.

Agree with above post, after DS, DS2 took a bit of getting used to, but now the character is more developed its a lot more fun.

By the way, if anyone knows where I can pick up an Ultra Greatsword in Dublin city centre PM me......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So i just took the plunge and bought DS3, downloading as i type.
    Finshed 1 & 2 and thoroughly enjoyed them on the ps3. To be honest i was tempted to buy the remaster as DS 1 world was phenomanal i thought, but got to hit this, was hoping it would go down in the sale but feck it.
    Looking forward to dying a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Finshed 1 & 2 and thoroughly enjoyed them on the ps3. To be honest i was tempted to buy the remaster as DS 1 world was phenomanal i thought, but got to hit this, was hoping it would go down in the sale but feck it.

DS3 is my fave. Enjoy !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Did you also give demon souls ago on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Did you also give demon souls ago on the PS3?

I did, got into it straight aftet DS1. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Thought this was supposed to be hard. Did 2 boss fights tonight and walked them both. The iron golem I didn't even use any flasks and smough and Dragon knight I did on my second go at a canter. The only hard part is figuring out where to go half the time and not to wander aimlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Thought this was supposed to be hard. Did 2 boss fights tonight and walked them both. The iron golem I didn't even use any flasks and smough and Dragon knight I did on my second go at a canter. The only hard part is figuring out where to go half the time and not to wander aimlessly.

It's the invisible paths leading up to them that throws most people off.

So I’ve since finished DS2 which I really loved. Started 3 today and to be honest I’m really struggling. While I love the graphics and fluid battle it all seems too quick and not what I’m used to. Especially as a melee I’m really being punished. Hopefully will improve as I level up.

Ds3 wasn't for me, took it as far as Lothric castle and got tired. I'll go back when I get bored of the remaster, maybe.

On that, just discovered ds1 Darkmoon invasions. Great fun. The guilty pay the price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

I used to hate 2. I think its the most difficult of all 3 to make progress. I persevered and eventually finished it. Its the longest game in the series. The DLCs are great. Its probably the weakest in the series but still a top game

Linked the fire for the first time last night. Some anticlimax :)

Loved the Gwyn fight all the same

beans wrote: »
    Linked the fire for the first time last night. Some anticlimax :)

Loved the Gwyn fight all the same

First time finishing (surely not!) or walked away previously? Personally prefer walking away. More satisfying.

• Advertisement

First time fighting Gwyn, yeah. Got to the kiln a few times but... didn't want to finish it, I'd start again with a different build.

I've done that 4 times I think.

Advertisement