Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Earlier today I made it to the Undead Parish. I was about to stop playing but I decided to do a tiny bit of exploration. I came across the Armoured Boar who charged at me. I dodged out of the way and went running. I ran past some Knights and up a stairs before being cut down.

When I went back to play the game later the Armoured Boar is gone. I didn't kill it. Has anyone heard about it killing itself?

Also the area that I ran to is now blocked by a big gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

on snuggly yes you can only trade an item once.

Anyways i see what you mean about lightning weapons, just got the spear in sens and its out doing my halberd7 with magic weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Earlier today I made it to the Undead Parish. I was about to stop playing but I decided to do a tiny bit of exploration. I came across the Armoured Boar who charged at me. I dodged out of the way and went running. I ran past some Knights and up a stairs before being cut down.

When I went back to play the game later the Armoured Boar is gone. I didn't kill it. Has anyone heard about it killing itself?

I think you just accidently glitched him out.
    I killed him, courtesy of those flames places around on the ground, and he isn't there when I go back. I reckon that had he killed you and you again ventured there he would have been there (I know from experience), but as you saved/loaded, he just assumed he was dead
    I got his head (of sorts) as a helmet. Stupid Heavy, but it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The stray demon is virtually impossible for me, do you think my zweihander is weighing me down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Danonino. wrote: »
    Im also really in need of Large Titanite I know it can be bought

The slugs in the swamp drop the large titanite , just farm there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

In Anor Londo. Before the lance archer guys.

Is the only way to get to firelink shrine go all the way back through sen's fortress and/or go further through the level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Edit: Unless you can only do these items once?
    Im also really in need of Large Titanite I know it can be bought but where :) (I've just beat the gaping dragon and I ran like a girl from the wolf boss :rolleyes:)

I know you are meant to be only able to trade each item once, maybe it glitched and counted all kinds of moss.

Large titanite Shards are 5000 from the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo, a LOOOOOOOONG way away from where you are now. Sorry mate. best spot for grinding them up though is in Depths, there is a short hallway where 7 oozes drop from the roof. They have a chance to drop both Green Shards (for making Fire, Magic and Divine weapons) and Large Titanite Shards. But there is a bonfire just behind a door right beside them, so its easy to burn em (pyromancy or firebombs) and rest and repeat. Could take a while but whoever said grinding upgrade stones was fun :rolleyes:
    DaveDaRave wrote: »
    In Anor Londo. Before the lance archer guys.

Is the only way to get to firelink shrine go all the way back through sen's fortress and/or go further through the level ?

There is a shortcut on the roof of Sen's ( 2 cages you can open in a room below the crossbowman) that leads back to the first walkway with pendulum axes, right inside the entrance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When I dealt with the iron boar, I dodged his attack to run up and take down the archers. Dealt with them slowly (damn early levels!) while he trashed around downstairs. Once they'd all been killed, I turned my attention to el boar. However, he only had like a quarter of his health bar left for some reason :P Two fireballs and result!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gandalph wrote: »
    The stray demon is virtually impossible for me, do you think my zweihander is weighing me down?

Nah i wouldnt worry about the Zweihander slowing you down, you can beat him easy enough slow. I used a claymore which is a similiar weapon to beat him, although abit faster.

There is a shield that you get off the Hollow Knight in the asylum, i think its called Crest Shield. It has something like 90% DMG reduction on fire dmg. Use it. Guard up and move right up close to him and always to his back. When you get to his back he normally does the little flying thing to turn to you. Switch to 2hand your Zwei and and smack him twice just as he lands. Then sheild up again and move to his back.

He has two flame attacks. One his straight infront of him and the other is all around him. If you see him doing the all around one move away from him then move back in a strike once. Easy enough. If you do it right you can hit him twice after his flys and then move behind him in time for him to fly up again and constantly do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi lads, im probably gonna get this game despite having a clutch of games i really need to complete on pc, dark souls will be my first console game in almost 2 years :eek: but fcuk me it looks epic, cant resist any longer :P
    Any tips on where ill get it at a decent price? im not used to paying more than €20 - €30 on my games games.
    Not gonna bother subbing to xbox live for it as ill never us it and not sure if the online features are worth subbing for.

Gamestop.ie have the special edition for €42(€41 for PS3) Delivered.

• Advertisement

Nah i wouldnt worry about the Zweihander slowing you down, you can beat him easy enough slow. I used a claymore which is a similiar weapon to beat him, although abit faster.

There is a shield that you get off the Hollow Knight in the asylum, i think its called Crest Shield. It has something like 90% DMG reduction on fire dmg. Use it. Guard up and move right up close to him and always to his back. When you get to his back he normally does the little flying thing to turn to you. Switch to 2hand your Zwei and and smack him twice just as he lands. Then sheild up again and move to his back.

He has two flame attacks. One his straight infront of him and the other is all around him. If you see him doing the all around one move away from him then move back in a strike once. Easy enough. If you do it right you can hit him twice after his flys and then move behind him in time for him to fly up again and constantly do it.

Thanks, I had just beaten him by the time I seen this. I was just getting really bad luck from those blasts, hitting me from rediculous lengths from behind, then sometimes not even hitting me at arms length. I stripped my character off naked and done it the old fashioned way, it was way easier been more agile.

I defeated the Black Knight in return to Undead Asylum but never got his sword, whats up with that? I only went to get that weap according to a walkthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm starting to think I've come to the end of my time with this game. I'm in the Undead Parish and just keep dying. Over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I'm starting to think I've come to the end of my time with this game. I'm in the Undead Parish and just keep dying. Over and over again.

I've played about 50 hours, and that's where i died the most. If that's any hope for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Im having resident evil flashbacks again , just like the mansion , i hate going outside of the castle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

so upgrading drake sword, yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Im having resident evil flashbacks again , just like the mansion , i hate going outside of the castle :(

Yeah this game really reminds me of the feelings i had playing resident evil as well.
    Just the feelings of isolation, the surrounding mountains and clouds, the survival. Obviously the gameplay itself is totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stopped on Capra Demon tonight. Never made it to the ledge people are talking about.

I noticed there was another route open to me.

After the Red Dragon on the bridge section (I don't have a bow to shoot his tail by the way, where'd you all get one?) when you get pas the gate where the matal rhino was, there is an entrance with a seriously ominous looking shield guy surrounded by weaker buddies, is this a side area or a necessary point for progression?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

noodler wrote: »
    Stopped on Capra Demon tonight. Never made it to the ledge people are talking about.

After the Red Dragon on the bridge section (I don't have a bow to shoot his tail by the way, where'd you all get one?) when you get pas the gate where the matal rhino was, there is an entrance with a seriously ominous looking shield guy surrounded by weaker buddies, is this a side area or a necessary point for progression?

Necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Think the merchant in the Undead Burg sells them. Left Button to manually aim the bow :)

That side area (if it's the one I'm thinking of) just leads up to the archers. There's stairs leading down underneath the bridge where the two archers are standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Okay so. Think I might go try and deal with the huge shield guy before I go back to Capra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I know you are meant to be only able to trade each item once, maybe it glitched and counted all kinds of moss.

Large titanite Shards are 5000 from the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo, a LOOOOOOOONG way away from where you are now. Sorry mate. best spot for grinding them up though is in Depths, there is a short hallway where 7 oozes drop from the roof. They have a chance to drop both Green Shards (for making Fire, Magic and Divine weapons) and Large Titanite Shards. But there is a bonfire just behind a door right beside them, so its easy to burn em (pyromancy or firebombs) and rest and repeat. Could take a while but whoever said grinding upgrade stones was fun :rolleyes:

I have a feeling it glitched so :( either that or I should have used the red and purple moss first. Oh well :)

I went to farm them earlier and got 4 green shards and 1 large, man it took ages though. Am I right in asuming the higher your humanity the more likely you will get drops? because it feels that way. As a zombie/hollow I think I found one shard out of the 5.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Okay so. Think I might go try and deal with the huge shield guy before I go back to Capra.

Oh, now I know what area you mean. You turned right up going the stone stairs after passing the portcullis. If you turn right at the top of the stairs you'll eventually get back to where you fought the metal rhino. Turning left and crossing that crappy wooden platform/bridge will bring towards the bonfire (Turn right down that bridge after killing the three undead soldiers). Turning left will lead you into the church, there's a small boos there too, and eventually going up will bring to the gargoyle bell boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi lads, im probably gonna get this game despite having a clutch of games i really need to complete on pc, dark souls will be my first console game in almost 2 years :eek: but fcuk me it looks epic, cant resist any longer :P
    Any tips on where ill get it at a decent price? im not used to paying more than €20 - €30 on my games games.
    Not gonna bother subbing to xbox live for it as ill never us it and not sure if the online features are worth subbing for.

The online seems minor but it improves the game alot. People leave helpful messages that can be a life saver.
    "Bonfire near"
    "Safe zone"
    "try luring from here"
    "Ambush from left!"
    "Enemies weak against fire"

Stuff like that. Makes it feel like you are all in it together and makes the game feel more social. You can also team up for Co-op against bosses, and invade peoples games or have them invade yours.

I would recommend trying to get a free trial from somewhere or even paying a few quid for a 1 month subscription. Its well worth it if you plan to play Dark souls alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Is there a way to get a merchant to forgive you? I had a hack at one who was standing behind some bars, now she's telling me to burn in hell, which I find offensive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

so upgrading drake sword, yay or nay?

Nay.
    Great weapon early on, but gets outstripped for damage by plenty of other upgraded weapons.
    Snakeblood wrote: »
    Is there a way to get a merchant to forgive you? I had a hack at one who was standing behind some bars, now she's telling me to burn in hell, which I find offensive.

I'm sure she took offense to being attacked by some brigand with a big sword. :p
    To answer your question, no - not til NG+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

F1ngers wrote: »
    Nay.
    Great weapon early on, but gets outstripped for damage by plenty of other upgraded weapons.

I'm sure she took offense to being attacked by some brigand with a big sword. :p
    To answer your question, no - not til NG+.
    Pretty sure you can from yer man just uinder the belltower where the gargoyles are...but it costs 68000 souls....so not really worth it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pretty sure you can from yer man just uinder the belltower where the gargoyles are...but it costs 68000 souls....so not really worth it

Didn't know about that - 68K thats 2 SLs, definitely not worth it.

EDIT:
    Im also really in need of Large Titanite I know it can be bought but where :)
    tonydude wrote: »
    The slugs in the swamp drop the large titanite , just farm there

I went to do a bit of farming there - wrong, just wrong. Much quicker to farm souls and just buy them - unless there is a ring or something to guarantee a drop, it just takes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Doesn't cost 68k as far as I'm aware.

It costs 2k per level I believe. So if you are level 50 its 100k souls. But if u mess up early on at say level 12, its not too bad. 30 minutes farming in the forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one any good tips on beating the tower gargoyles ?

died alot on them :(

i have killed the first one a few times only to panic and get burned by the second one. my best success has been when i dodge his first attack and then hack like mad two handed with the drake sword.

Advertisement