Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Gandalph wrote: »
    I tried sneaking around the other way only to get ambushed by 3 big rat/wolf creatures, its not looking good on this part of the darkroot front!

They can be tough. If you aggro more than one, forget about it. I cheesed them by hanging out in the trees and smacking them as they attempted to hit me (they cant go past the trees)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

They can be tough. If you aggro more than one, forget about it. I cheesed them by hanging out in the trees and smacking them as they attempted to hit me (they cant go past the trees)

Ah its clearly not working for me there, decided to head off to blighttown to try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what are general thoughts on this game a buyer or a renter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

buy bash buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I wouldnt recommend renting it myself, as much as I like to rent the odd game and give it a full whack within the week this one is pretty frustrating to me and I tend to put down the controller after awhile but always come back for more the next day, I know I wouldnt of got far if I had rented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Any news on the official guide being released. i have the digital copy (;) Narnin ) but the physical copy would be nice to add to the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Whats the suggested level for Blighttown? Don't want to go there unprepared:o

Also
    tonydude wrote: »
    Any news on the official guide being released. i have the digital copy ( Narnin ) but the physical copy would be nice to add to the collection

This One?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I messed up, joined the forest covenant, then killed some of the guys. Didnt realize they were in it :o
    Looks like im gonna have to get the fog ring via the other method. Think i might try the dragon covenant instead.

Oh i was Invaded in darkroot garden by some guy. I was throwing pyro spells and attacking him with my lightning uchigatana, but i wasnt getting any damage indicators, i just noticed a big swirl around him. I dont think i damaged him at all.
    What was the reason for this? Some spell? ring? armour? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Awesome. I was wondering earlier what would be the pros and cons of dual wielding in this game. In Demons it was good in pvp apparently (didnt play much pvp in Demons)

I know some daggers/rapiers have a parry when used in the offhand but what about two attacking weapons....like....two Zweihanders

Anor Londo

Thats why I started using two scimitars, I put one in my left hand by mistake then pressed LT and he did this swish animation, I was like "Sword parrys :eek: deadly".... two makes you feel like a bad ass :D

Its amazing how different the game is when you know the areas/spawn points of the enemys and how to parry and move properly... Ive allready rang the first bell, beaten everyone up to that point in 1/4 of the time it took me first time around.

Im am horribly addicted Im afraid :o

Buy would be my vote. I rented it, loved it and went and bought it, could have saved that €7. Plus the art book in the limited edition is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Have the advantages to being in human form been discussed? The only advantage I'm aware of is the ability to summon players to help you.

I have only spent about five minutes in human form in my 12 hours with this game. In that short spell I was invaded by another player and haven't been in human form since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Your resistances are higher, supposedly you get a higher drop rate and the NPC invasions, NPC invaders drop some unique items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Did anyone else feel bad about killing Sif
    once he started limping near the end of the battle?

I looked around for some alternative, maybe the fog was lifted and I could let him live... Not to be :(

GOTY by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah felt the same too and then i remembered the amount of times he slashed me and got me again on the backswing as i was getting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Does anyone know a decent light armour set? From having a browse around the Wiki, it looks like the Gold Trimmed Armour set. Does anyone wear that?

Also, after being invaded a million times in the Forest and everyone wearing that stupid untargettable ring, I got annoyed and shot the cat with an arrow. He just disappeared (after calling me a few names..) and hasn't come back since. Anyone know if anything else will happen with him? Kinda regretting it now but didn't want to join his covenant anyway, is that the only penalty?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Gold Trimmed Armour is probably the best armour in the game. Really light, with great stats. Plus, you look like a Ringwraith from LOTR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Does anyone have any tips on how to kill the 2 gargoyles on top of the church?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tonydude wrote: »
    Any news on the official guide being released. i have the digital copy (;) Narnin ) but the physical copy would be nice to add to the collection
    It's on Amazon for €15 but you'll need to spend over €25 for free delivery. oops. Sold out there but i think you can stl order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Kiith wrote: »
    The Gold Trimmed Armour is probably the best armour in the game. Really light, with great stats. Plus, you look like a Ringwraith from LOTR.

Cool, it looks impressive (stats wise) alright. I'm already feeling a little overpowered with a fully upgraded pyromancy glove so that will help as I'm fed up with the red sorcery gear at this stage. :)

Can Gold Trimmed armour be upgraded do you know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's on Amazon for €15 but you'll need to spend over €25 for free delivery. oops. Sold out there but i think you can stl order it?

That's been like that or available to pre-order the last week/10 days.
    Am on the lookout too even though I have the digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Turn human, then at the entrance, before you go through the mist, there'll be a summoning glyph. Use that, and Solataire the knight will give you a dig out. You might have to meet him first, he's at the other end of the bridge from the dragon (i.e. with the dragon on the bridge on your left, take a right, away from him. He'll be staring into the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm probably the worst person to answer :pac:

but if you have the white stone you get off solitare the knight ( on the balcony before the red dragon , after the taurus demon) , turn to human form, i summoned another player just before the light, and i also summoned solatire himself. between the 3 of us we took them out handy.

i tried to dodge the first attack with a roll, then slash like mad 2 handed with the drake sword. we took him down very quickly, plus with him surrounded his tail was chopped off for another weapon to collect.

if you need humanity pick ups, from undead berg , up the stairs , but below the dragon , kill the two zombies along the ledge. next are 3 rats, they sometimes drop humanity

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Turn human, then at the entrance, before you go through the mist, there'll be a summoning glyph. Use that, and Solataire the knight will give you a dig out. You might have to meet him first, he's at the other end of the bridge from the dragon (i.e. with the dragon on the bridge on your left, take a right, away from him. He'll be staring into the sun.

like snakeblood said !!

(my typing is not the quickest :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's been like that or available to pre-order the last week/10 days.
    Am on the lookout too even though I have the digital copy.
    play.com will ship it within 3-5 days for €18.49 (probably out of stock too) t that 3-5 days might be an estimate of hen they'll get it back in)
    Also, there's always ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Get the drake sword before you fight the gargoyles , also make sure to cut off the first gargoyle tail, you get a cool axe when you do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is that the full version of the "mini-guide" PDF that came with the limited edition?

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is that the full version of the "mini-guide" PDF that came with the limited edition?

i must look this evening again, but i think so.

it is a good and detailed guide, really covering everything in the game. you can find it in digital form online fairly easily. but nothing beats having a physical copy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I just had to lol at this, i only watched the first 6-7 minutes and all i saw was the player just running by the mobs without any need to fight :rolleyes:
    Full game completed in under 90 minutes.

Theres your guides and tactics right there lads lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How do I become human?

Is the axe weapon on the gargolyes tail more powerful than the drake sword, if not then why bother getting it?

There seems to be a few things to do at the moment

1.Kill the Gargolyes

2.Kill the one legged monster that fires lighning bolts at you

3.Kill the japanese Knight near the Bonfire before you go downstairs to the balck smith

4.Explore the area with the tree monsters

What order should I do these?

How do I become human?

Is the axe weapon on the gargolyes tail more powerful than the drake sword, if not then why bother getting it?

There seems to be a few things to do at the moment

1.Kill the Gargolyes

2.Kill the one legged monster that fires lighning bolts at you

3.Kill the japanese Knight near the Bonfire before you go downstairs to the balck smith

4.Explore the area with the 3 monsters

What order should I do these?

in you menu you should have picked up an item to put your humanity to one, then go to a bonfire and there is an option (botton one i think) which turns you human again. (back to undead once you die :( )

tail axe not as good as drake sword, but i am not sure how good it can get upgraded, i have not gone that far.

after you kill the gargoyles, ring the bell, then you get a key whick open the lower undead berg. this door is before you run out the red dragons bridge.

down there you can go up stairs to open a shortcut to the bonfire in the normal undead berg.

there are dogs and undead assinans down here, not too tough but they can kill you quickly the little feckers.

at the end of this is the capra demon (currrently stuck at him)

as for the demon below the blacksmith, he is easily killed with large soul arrows. but i am unsure if the area after him is where to go. i went in and killed some tree things but left again as i had a look at the guide and this area was further down the list, so i presumed death was just around the corner, plus i had alot of souls that i did not feel like losing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Right... looking for advice yet again.

I'm Soul Level 50 now, and in Sens Fortress. Strength and Dex are both 16, Vit and End are ~30 and I've nothing else touched really. I like to wear the gold-trimmed set (for fast rolling) and use the bandits knife (get a lot of backstabs and it causes bleeding damage).

1. I feel like I've overlevelled for where I am (killed Ceaseless Discharge, came back.) Still haven't been to the new londo ruins, catacombs, or past Ceaseless Discharge. Where to after Sens Fortress?

2. What should I focus on levelling up other than Vit/End... Dex? Faith?

3. How should I proceed with upgrading my bandits knife +5? I've a few options.

That's it for now.

Advertisement